Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe its me being grumpy but listening to a woman being interviewed on the radio earlier and she was on holiday in Portugal and some of her party have already gone home early because they thought Portugal would be (re)added to the quarantine list. Moaning about how uncertain it all is etc. 

Yes love, it is. Don't go a foreign holiday if you haven't got the ability to self isolate when you get home if things change. Yes, its shit, but it is what it is at the moment. 

There was one a couple of nights ago, heading home a day early as her hubby was self employed and couldn’t afford to miss work and the kids really didn’t need to miss the first weeks back in school.

Just idiots really.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe its me being grumpy but listening to a woman being interviewed on the radio earlier and she was on holiday in Portugal and some of her party have already gone home early because they thought Portugal would be (re)added to the quarantine list. Moaning about how uncertain it all is etc. 

Yes love, it is. Don't go a foreign holiday if you haven't got the ability to self isolate when you get home if things change. Yes, its shit, but it is what it is at the moment. 

Proper Karen like behaviour. 

Her, not you i meant !

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Proper Karen like behaviour. 

Her, not you i meant !

I'd like to speak to your manger ;)

It just highlights the lack of critical thinking from some members of the public. 

• Haha 1

On 01/09/2020 at 17:39, Xela said:

One of the reasons I left Facebook (must be about 5 or 6 years ago now) was it was becoming just a platform for people to share shit videos or pictures. Or 'check in' somewhere. 

When it started it was about having conversations with people and keeping in touch. Now its about Ken forwarding Brexit Party articles or Delia slagging Trump off. I don't give a **** about peoples personal political views. 

I still log on every now and again as its the only place I have a list of birthdays! 

Yeah, Mike Mooney has banged this drum before and more eloquently but it can be a useful platform for keeping in touch with people you genuinely do want to but for whatever reason cant'.

I've got 300 'friends' on my profile, now all that means is that I've met at least 300 people in the last decade.  I've got a couple dozen people I would actually call friends and then some family on there.  

What keeps me on it though is the photos and videos I've amassed and uploaded over the years.  I'm 33 now so would have been around 20 when I created my profile, just at that age when it seemed like all I was doing was going out enjoying myself.  Sometimes when I forget that that was actually possible I go and browse the material and it makes me smile, laugh and occasionally open a dialogue with a mate when I say "remember this..." or whatever.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2020 at 09:36, Stevo985 said:

Also when a player claps when a long pass is horribly overhit and he can't get to it

On 02/09/2020 at 12:00, lapal_fan said:

That's a "good idea/effort/heads up, it'll come off next time".

I agree with lapal though it depends on just how overhit or poor the pass was. 

I used to play as a winger in the amateur/sunday leagues and obviously my long passes wouldn't always come off.  It's hard to put in writing the difference between a decent effort and a complete shambles of a pass but if you know, you know.  I always appreciated the thumbs up from the intended recipient to keep my head up as I was a confidence player.

Tbf to Ben, that's a fair post for this thread...😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Taking this back to the title, a little. I just went out for a run, and as I approached a junction, I slowed down, looking forward to a quick breather, when the driver makes eye contact and waves me over. **** you, you lovely considerate bastard. 

As a cyclist, I encounter this all the time.   I never assume a large, motor-driven hunk of metal is going to yield to me, so I often slow down approaching the intersection to make sure I don't arrive before the car.  I can track stand long enough for them to go, as they're entitled to.   But half the time they hesitate and then wave me on ahead.   Of course, by that time I've had to click out of the pedals and put my foot down.

• Like 1

People who post messages on social media, in emails to a wide audience or even just messages to me with absolutely shocking spelling....BUT always blame "predictive text" for their cock ups. 

Latest one being a girl in the office telling anyone who cares, how greatful she is to have such an amazing bff sit next to her. So embarrassing especially the semi senior position she somehow got appointed to and the emails she sends out to quite a wide and sometimes senior audience which are cringeworthy at times 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

This is the kind of crap that really pisses me off - I saw this on Twitter and raged! BTW, I have no idea who this person is, I could be being a real heartless git.

spacer.png

*clearly you are not crying your eyes out as you have found time to post onto twatter! If you want something to take your mind off things, sort those sodding clocks out. #attentionseeker

I've been where they've been, last thing I'd have thought about was to post some message looking for false sympathy from a bunch of strangers.

Thank-you whoever you are, now I might have to go and post about how I might be feeling a tinge of guilt for my outburst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

People who post messages on social media, in emails to a wide audience or even just messages to me with absolutely shocking spelling....BUT always blame "predictive text" for their cock ups. 

Latest one being a girl in the office telling anyone who cares, how greatful she is to have such an amazing bff sit next to her. So embarrassing especially the semi senior position she somehow got appointed to and the emails she sends out to quite a wide and sometimes senior audience which are cringeworthy at times 

Couldent aggree moor mate,. 👍.

• Haha 1

On 30/08/2020 at 02:59, sharkyvilla said:

That's one of the things I've never actually known what it is.  Is it like when you have a sickie burp?

Sharp shooting pain up your chest, can get overwhelming.

The owner of a restaurant in my other half’s home town has gone viral, and even made at least one national rag, over a WhatsApp conversation with a dissatisfied and abusive customer, despite it being immediately obvious that the whole thing is faked.

Shouldn’t piss me off as it’s not that big of a deal but the balls on the guy to bullshit people just for a bit of attention and publicity, as well as the desperation for social media fame. He also seems like a bit of a nasty word removed based on some of his Trip Advisor responses that have since come to light. The fact so many people have fallen for it and are telling him what a hero he is is also very annoying. 

Edited by JB
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JB said:

The owner of a restaurant in my other half’s home town has gone viral, and even made at least one national rag, over a WhatsApp conversation with a dissatisfied and abusive customer, despite it being immediately obvious that it’s whole thing is faked.

Shouldn’t piss me off as it’s not that big of a deal but the balls on the guy to bullshit people just for a bit of attention and publicity, as well as the desperation for social media fame. He also seems like a bit of a nasty word removed based on some of his Trip Advisor responses that have since come to light. The fact so many people have fallen for it and are telling him what a hero he is is also very annoying. 

You've just reminded me, any of these new fangled websites that get you to "rate your experience". Trip Advisor being a classic. In fact anything that gets you to rate anything. They are just an outlet for words removed to be clearings in the woods.

Trip advisor is just a Trolls w**kfest

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

You've just reminded me, any of these new fangled websites that get you to "rate your experience". Trip Advisor being a classic. In fact anything that gets you to rate anything. They are just an outlet for words removed to be clearings in the woods.

Trip advisor is just a Trolls w**kfest

2CJkQEC.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

See, I can believe that's actually taking the piss but part of me does wonder if it is genuine

My favourite is the 'Veet for men' comments on Amazon, quality postings with titles like 'Smooth Criminal'.

Edited by bielesibub
Added link, just in case anyone else wants to cry their eyes out laughing
  • Haha 1

Â