Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

My mother calls me every Sunday without fail on the landline, its the only call made or received on the landline. 

That used to be the case with me but I finally trained my mom to use whatsapp calling and she's stuck to it

1 hour ago, BOF said:

On a related note, I basically never answer my front door.  Although I'm off topic with that because it definitely cheers me up.

I used to do that when I lived in a house. The only time people would ring the doorbell who I wasn't expecting would be charity sellers and cold callers. So I'd just ignore it.

Must say in regards top 10 of annoying shit, my mother's tactic in getting her way is really up there. Basically she asks for help now and then. I try and fix whatever. If it doesn't happen when she expects it to, she basically goes into ignore mode like a 13 year old. Then it's no point trying to have a talk or anything. Then a few weeks go by and she starts taking contact again. Normally by my father sending a few "testing the water" texts first. Just so god damn draining. 

I answer the phone mid conversation. I see no need to tell someone I'm in mid conversation with because its obvious what I'm doing, I will not apologise because I didn't cause the phone to ring and if you need pampering because I answered a phone then you need to grow a pair

Spending time pandering to people's pissyness over people being rude to them is not an efficient use of time

I don't get paid to massage your weak ego, I get paid to work

Everyone in work knows I'm blunt, if they need to develop a coping mechanism to deal with that, then that's what they must do

The person on the end of that call is probably more important than you, deal with it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m with Bickster. Guess I have to be as I picked up the phone mid conversation earlier.

I might say a quick ‘sorry’ as I pick up but that’s as far as I’ll go.

To be fair I think I’m being pretty generous by not telling the guy next to me to shut the **** up as I’m trying to work. Only my second month so I’ll get there soon enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’m with Bickster. Guess I have to be as I picked up the phone mid conversation earlier.

I might say a quick ‘sorry’ as I pick up but that’s as far as I’ll go.

To be fair I think I’m being pretty generous by not telling the guy next to me to shut the **** up as I’m trying to work. Only my second month so I’ll get there soon enough.

I think sitting in work is a little different.  If I'm in work and the office phone rings then it is work and needs to be answered.  I read the initial scenario to be, say, in a bar or a shop where the mobile rings and it's not necessarily work or important.

Just now, BOF said:

I think sitting in work is a little different.  If I'm in work and the office phone rings then it is work and needs to be answered.  I read the initial scenario to be, say, in a bar or a shop where the mobile rings and it's not necessarily work or important.

Even at work. If you're mid conversation with someone is it so hard to say "sorry I need to take this" instead of immediately picking it up? Takes like 2 seconds.

People can hide behind it being "more efficient", lol, but it's just rude

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even at work. If you're mid conversation with someone is it so hard to say "sorry I need to take this" instead of immediately picking it up? Takes like 2 seconds.

People can hide behind it being "more efficient", lol, but it's just rude

No it's not so hard, and I would always say it, but then I'm a generally lovely bloke :P 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

If someone did it to me outside of work I’d snatch the phone out of their hand and hang up for them.

I’m probably a bit odd with this but I generally have no issue with someone being willingly rude whereas someone displaying bad table manners or ignorance of others around them drives me mad.

So this morning on the tube I was stood next to one of the most repellant beings to grace this earth.

She was stood next to me (head basically on my shoulder) with no room at all loudly chewing a smoothie. Literally taking a gulp then chewing it with her mouth open 20 times. This was a premise supermarket smoothie so no reason at all to chew.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My mother calls me every Sunday without fail on the landline, its the only call made or received on the landline.

My parents only have a landline because of my Nan. She refuses to dial mobiles as they are "too expensive to call"

Mental thing is, my parents pay her **** phone bill anyway! 

• Haha 1

I'm with @Stevo985 on the phone thing. If you must pick it up at work mid conversation, then a quick "sorry I need to get this" is all that is needed. Anything else is just rude

As for people on the phone when they are at checkouts in shops or ordering food... that **** me right off. Company policy should be refuse to serve them until they hang up and move onto the next person in the queue. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BOF said:

On a related note, I basically never answer my front door.

Appointment or get ignored.

Do not knock on my window because you can see me

And even more, if for some reason I do answer, don't get pissy when I tell you I'm not interested (Thats you Mrs Christian Aid and no you can't have your bag / envelope back)

Unless they are Witnesses... they always get answered for shits and giggles

Â