Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s not like Farage doesn’t have history for doing a runner from the scene of an accident

Fill it with barrels of petrol,  take it to a cliff and reenact the end of the young ones,  slap a go-pro in it and film it from a few angles,  winner,  gets on the news.  (let the handbrake off,  I don't mean sit in it).

In terms of Brexit,  I feel this is metaphorically sound as a pound.  I would love to help you myself but I live all the way out in Brecon and Radnor as you know.

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I live in Brecon and Radnor and there was some bloke in a pink mini and a clip board driving around our village yesterday writing things down. 

He's not from these parts,  we keep to our own round here so we ran him out of town with a mobility scooter (thanks Joan !!) and a cattle prod.

I thought you live in Holland?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Going to Oban at the end of the August. Just booked my return train ticket. £160. WTF. Is this a good price? A bad price? About right? Seemed extortionate to me.

Yeah sounds reasonable. Costs me (well, the company) about £130 every time I go to York from Tamworth. London is usually close to £200 on Virgin at late notice

Just now, bickster said:

The humour by-pass operation went well I see, congrats!

Oh, I see now. I guess I just thought a bloke in a pink mini waving a cattle prod and angry old biddies on mobility scooters sounded completely realistic in the boonies. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Xela said:

Yeah sounds reasonable. Costs me (well, the company) about £130 every time I go to York from Tamworth. London is usually close to £200 on Virgin at late notice

People should have to pay much much more to flee Tamuth

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh, I see now. I guess I just thought a bloke in a pink mini waving a cattle prod and angry old biddies on mobility scooters sounded completely realistic in the boonies. 

Sounds like you've been to Builth Wells

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

It's all quite incredible when you think I can go from Sofia to Istanbul in an air conditioned 2 berth cabin with a fridge, sink and wi fi for £30.

It’s sickening

I've developed a strange twitch. Dunno if twitch is the right word. More like habit.

My phone is one of these where you can tap the screen to wake it up. It also doesn't have a notification light.
It usually sits on my desk to my left, so to check if I have a message (I have it on DND most of the time at work) I just reach over and tap the screen.

However, it's become almost subconscious, so even if my phone isn't there, I'll find myself reaching out and tapping whatever is there. Notebook, papers, or just the empty desk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've developed a strange twitch. Dunno if twitch is the right word. More like habit.

My phone is one of these where you can tap the screen to wake it up. It also doesn't have a notification light.
It usually sits on my desk to my left, so to check if I have a message (I have it on DND most of the time at work) I just reach over and tap the screen.

However, it's become almost subconscious, so even if my phone isn't there, I'll find myself reaching out and tapping whatever is there. Notebook, papers, or just the empty desk.

You still flying 737's or are you back at the nuclear power station looking after them pesky rod's?  Either way,  we are totally safe.🙂

Just change desks so there is no left and you will soon get fed up of getting up off the floor.  You must have good concentration to go back and forth to small screen/ big screen all the time?

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

When the idiot in the team challenging the Eggheads 'keeps their head down' in the early rounds (because everyone else is actually good, or at least not shit, at something) and they end up with just the dodo left for the final round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

When the idiot in the team challenging the Eggheads 'keeps their head down' in the early rounds (because everyone else is actually good, or at least not shit, at something) and they end up with just the dodo left for the final round.

No idea what this means, even google translate was stumped.

Eggheads is a popular daytime quiz. Individual members of a team of 5, compete against quizzing cream and if they lose they are knocked out. When 4 on each side have competed the remaining player(s) compete against each other. Instead of saving the strongest till last, the weakest seems to play. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Seat68

Â