Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

How does that work? Wouldn't it just make an insignificant puncture in the can? Or do you then leverage the lid off?

You do it repeatedly, personally I prefer the cross head for this job

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

You do it repeatedly, personally I prefer the cross head for this job

This is amazing (more than one person using the technique).

I would use the cross head too, if I were to use that method.

I'm inclined to use a can opener, but you know..

The one that gets me is the weak plastic ring pull thing inside the cap on milk or juice cartons. Whoever invented that needs to die a slow painful death. Utterly useless method that must have a success rate of <10%. Bastards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

People complaining about the same thing multiple times :D

It had been a while, I thought it needed bumping, for new members. 

• Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

It had been a while, I thought it needed bumping, for new members. 

I've at least learned something. I didn't realise getting artificial wear and tear on a guitar was a thing.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've at least learned something. I didn't realise getting artificial wear and tear on a guitar was a thing.

I think most players used to take pretty good care of their guitars, until Rory Gallagher came along, with his (genuinely long-term) battered Stratocaster. Then Keith Richards starting getting his roadies to beat up new Telecasters for him. Next thing you know, manfacturers starting selling them - at increased prices, natch. I don't mind genuine road wear, but faking it just seems wrong. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this belongs here, cos maybe I'm right to be pissed off.

About 2 weeks ago I was invited to the opening of a new geek thing (tonight) and I declined as I knew I'd be working.

Today, I send a message to my friends saying that my ferry has been cancelled. They reply "you'll be late then" 🙄

Apparently they expected me at this event.

They do this a lot, make arrangements and then just take for granted I'll be there. I'm not the sort of person who gives on to peer pressure either, it just makes me less likely to do stuff.

The other week they all arranged to see Spiderman, and an hour before it starts they ask me where I am. "Oh we put it on the group chat a few weeks back"

DID I **** RESPOND? 😂

Oh gawd I've got a new one... wind chimes, f**king irritating hippy bullshit.

Some throbber in the close opposite has adorned the FRONT of their house with a wind chime. The wind on the gentlest of days blows up the close like it’s a wind tunnel, it’s open at the other end directly onto the beach and dunes. So now whenever I leave the house my ears are subject to this rhythm less plinky plink plonks plink noise. Arrrrrrggghhhh!

It is not remotely soothing which is it’s supposed intention, it’s ruining my peace

The fact that local AND national radio stations seem to think that some no-mark "celeb" joining Strictly Cum Dancing is worthy of a spot on the news.

No it's not, please STFU and **** off.

• Like 3

Â