Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So we had this new person start the past month, interviewed really well, really, really impressive, confident, said all the rights things, gave all the right answers, quick, sharp. Trained her up, showed everything you wanted, took notes, screenshots, asked questions, seemed to take on board what we were saying.

Fast forward a month and it is a shambles, though she says all the right things...what is entered on the system is not even close to being accurate. She is slow, not organised, doesn't follow any of her notes.

What is it with people? Why can they not use systems?

Is it laziness?

It just has to be pure laziness. Not just laziness in her work or effort, but laziness in thinking. Just sloppy.

Pisses me off. But it shouldn't. But it should.

You're gone.

Next.

Slight digression, but since you are kinda on the subject. I have worked the last 7 years the same place. The first 5-6 was amazing, superb work environment and people just got along both at work and socially. Then some changes in leadership happened and they hired some new people. They managed to show the door to one of the best people the department had, which means everyone kinda got pissed off. They proceeded to hire a woman who is so incredibly toxic it's not even funny. She has a pHd (I mostly work with researchers), but **** if I know how she got it. Must be the biggest **** eejit I've met. She literally is incapable of taking advice. My other colleague seems to think she has some kinda daddy complex, but **** knows. But this one appointment (or hireing whatever you say), has made the work place shit. It's almost impressive. Hopefully I can find some new work soon, but since you touched the subject... this bullshit really piss me off. 

And how the hell she managed to con everyone during the interviews to make them think she was the right fit for the work place I'll never know. Complete f.uckw!t from head to toe. Worst bit is that they had some time after the hirering to get rid of her, as you normally do, but they didn't. And the aftermath is what it is. Absolutely bonkers. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So we had this new person start the past month, interviewed really well, really, really impressive, confident, said all the rights things, gave all the right answers, quick, sharp. Trained her up, showed everything you wanted, took notes, screenshots, asked questions, seemed to take on board what we were saying.

Fast forward a month and it is a shambles, though she says all the right things...what is entered on the system is not even close to being accurate. She is slow, not organised, doesn't follow any of her notes.

What is it with people? Why can they not use systems?

Is it laziness?

It just has to be pure laziness. Not just laziness in her work or effort, but laziness in thinking. Just sloppy.

Pisses me off. But it shouldn't. But it should.

You're gone.

Next.

There seems to be a lot of people nowadays who are great at talking the talk in interviews and then being out of their depth in the job

When I am interviewed I always underplay my strengths as I find it embarrassing to talk myself up. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bickster said:

an Aladdin's Cave of records that have been released that you can't get hold of because they've sold out elsewhere

The idea of digital media selling out in 2019. 

Image result for mind blown

44 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I only find myself on social media like once a fortnight. When I do though I spend my whole day on it. Outrageous behaviour.

would you not count VT as social media?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

would you not count VT as social media?

I should. Should probably also include dating apps.

I was referring to facebook and instagram.

I never got on board twitter.

Just now, A'Villan said:

I should. Should probably also include dating apps.

I was referring to facebook and instagram.

I never got on board twitter.

Instagram I've never bothered with at all, facebook I opened an account in a silly name recently to use messenger and watch some football. But actual 'using facebook' I've never bothered with.

Twitter I use a fair bit, mostly just slagging @Seat68 since he dropped me, but also for football and gravestones.

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Instagram I've never bothered with at all, facebook I opened an account in a silly name recently to use messenger and watch some football. But actual 'using facebook' I've never bothered with.

Twitter I use a fair bit, mostly just slagging @Seat68 since he dropped me, but also for football and gravestones.

I didn't drop you. I dropped twitter. Brexit and trump depressed me so much I had to ditch it. You were a beacon of light in a fog of shit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I didn't drop you. I dropped twitter. Brexit and trump depressed me so much I had to ditch it. You were a beacon of light in a fog of shit. 

What have you got agains Wales??

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

What have you got agains Wales??

Best left unsaid however, Mainly their propensity towards dressing their youngest female members of their families in traditional costume, that penguin is one of their words but they can't come up with one for video, Cerys Matthews caricature accent on Road Rage, Gorkys splitting up and also the road to Barmouth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

My **** God why do so many packaged food/drink items have those little plastic flaps that are supposed to help you peel them open, when they almost always just **** pull off? Stupid little bastards.

This. Bacon packaging being the worse IMO.

12 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

My **** God why do so many packaged food/drink items have those little plastic flaps that are supposed to help you peel them open, when they almost always just **** pull off? Stupid little bastards.

See also, packaging with little plastic corners that are MEANT to break off to help you open it and don't!

Why don't they just swap?

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

On the topic of packaging, tins without a ring pull can absolutely **** off.

Nah, there's something satisfying about hammering a flat head screwdriver into metal in order to access food.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nah, there's something satisfying about hammering a flat head screwdriver into metal in order to access food.

How does that work? Wouldn't it just make an insignificant puncture in the can? Or do you then leverage the lid off?

Â