Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 29/07/2019 at 09:42, Stevo985 said:

I've developed a strange twitch. Dunno if twitch is the right word. More like habit.

My phone is one of these where you can tap the screen to wake it up. It also doesn't have a notification light.
It usually sits on my desk to my left, so to check if I have a message (I have it on DND most of the time at work) I just reach over and tap the screen.

However, it's become almost subconscious, so even if my phone isn't there, I'll find myself reaching out and tapping whatever is there. Notebook, papers, or just the empty desk.

Interesting! I've not seen or heard about this very rare and specific form of AIDS for a long time.  But you can be sure it's definitely AIDS.  It's a kind of a neural brain AIDS.  Usually you get it from a tick that climbed into your ear one night and set up shop in your cerebellum.  I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, choffer said:

I will pay you cash money not to film yourself recreating that scene, Mr Wardle. 

Not for me, you pervert!

• Haha 1

On 28/07/2019 at 09:49, chrisp65 said:

Police made aware of abandoned Brexit Bus.

Just as an aside, Sue is really nice. I would also say she has good taste in entertainment given that the last couple of times I've bumped into her were at a Gentleman's Dub Club gig and a Mark Thomas stand-up.

See how, despite doing the BBC Wales weather, she makes reference to her non-celebrity status.

One of life's genuinely nice people.

• Like 1

Anyway I came to moan about the Bus Station in Cardiff :D

I notice 4 years now after knocking the old one down and 2 years past the original completion date for the new one the plans that were extended until 2021 are now being extended again until 2023.

Council leader, Huw Thomas, said building the bus station had been "a number one priority".

On Tuesday, developer Rightacres confirmed a large sewer will be moved in the coming weeks to allow construction work to begin in late November.

This should be completed by mid-2022, when the station is due to be handed to Transport for Wales.

The Welsh Government said at this point, the station will be a "shell", and Transport for Wales will begin fitting it out.

This work will take between six and nine months, meaning the first passengers will not be able to use it until the spring of 2023.

_108112888_view2-large.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49155133

Meanwhile all the busses leave from all the random bus stops all over the place which is a bit of a nightmare for visitors and the locals alike.

On 28/07/2019 at 07:56, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I live in Brecon and Radnor and there was some bloke in a pink mini and a clip board driving around our village yesterday writing things down. 

He's not from these parts,  we keep to our own round here so we ran him out of town with a mobility scooter (thanks Joan !!) and a cattle prod.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

I took the day off work today to take my daughter to Preston train Station. I thought it would be rude not to visit Action Records and see if there was anything I could find worthy of my money, there was (a plenty I might add, I may have to return with more money), it's almost an Aladdin's Cave of records that have been released that you can't get hold of because they've sold out elsewhere. I mean I managed to find a Snapped Ankles RSD 2018 12" EP of covers for £10 brand new still sealed, so what pissed me off that shouldn't was...

They organise their records racks with solo artists being listed by their Christian Name, that sent my organisational senses into overdrive, its just F***ing wrong

• Haha 1

Radio WM's coverage of Wolvezzzzzz "European Adventure".

First they had a reporter at Birmingham Airport interviewing Yammers on their way to Real Madrid. I didn't know Madrid had to play in the Europa qualifiers.

Then this morning, a WM reporter at Birmingham airport again, interviewing the victorious Yammers as they return from "European Adventure". Must have been a really important game, against Real Madrid.

Oh hang on, it was against Norn Iron side Crusaders. Probably league 2 quality.

Then about half an hour ago, WM had a travel expert on, extolling the virtues of Armenia.

Why?

Well apparently the mighty Wolveszzz are going there next on their "European Adventure".

What a load of **** OTT shite.

So we had this new person start the past month, interviewed really well, really, really impressive, confident, said all the rights things, gave all the right answers, quick, sharp. Trained her up, showed everything you wanted, took notes, screenshots, asked questions, seemed to take on board what we were saying.

Fast forward a month and it is a shambles, though she says all the right things...what is entered on the system is not even close to being accurate. She is slow, not organised, doesn't follow any of her notes.

What is it with people? Why can they not use systems?

Is it laziness?

It just has to be pure laziness. Not just laziness in her work or effort, but laziness in thinking. Just sloppy.

Pisses me off. But it shouldn't. But it should.

You're gone.

Next.

• Like 2

Â