Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

25 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Debate over whether Grealish is 60% of Iniesta. 

Oh, I thought he meant 'nurses earn in a year 10% of what Alexis Sanchez earns in a nanosecond' or whatever, which to be fair is no less irritating. 

43 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We had a collection at work last week for a colleague who's been through something pretty horrific recently. We wanted to raise enough for them and their partner to book a few days away. They're very well thought of and quite a substantial amount was raised, one bloke put £100 in.

We found out earlier this week that the collection has gone missing and now there's plenty of reasons to believe it's been stolen by somebody in the office rather than just misplaced.

Maybe this is the wrong thread because it hasn't pissed me off, it's just saddened me to be honest. I've worked here 11 years and it's always been a fairly tight-knit, trustworthy bunch. It feels like the people who generously donated have been robbed as well as the person the fund was intended for.

I think the police are going to be called, I'm pretty sure they won't be interested though.

Watch some 24 and you'll find a tip or 2 about getting to the truth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Watch some 24 and you'll find a tip or 2 about getting to the truth.

You mean the Fox propaganda show for the Bush administration that made people more comfortable with having their civil liberties curtailed through legislation such as the Patriot Act?

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

You mean the Fox propaganda show for the Bush administration that made people more comfortable with having their civil liberties curtailed through legislation such as the Patriot Act?

Yes, the same piece of legislation, still in effect and re-upped again and again in the subsequent 20yrs. Time sure does fly when they're having fun. 

Btw, I feel a very poor level of appreciation and respect for true American patriotic freedom loving hero man Jack Bauer, in the above comment.

Edited by villakram

Off to Edinburgh for a conference tomorrow 

previous years have been Shanghai and Rio .. the year I decide to go they pick bloody North Kilt Town

Oh well , could have been worse it could have been Glasgow 

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Edinburgh is a great place. 

Yeah I was there last year with the family and had a great time ...it’s just a work conference = a jolly and i wanted somewhere I’ve not been before 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah I was there last year with the family and had a great time ...it’s just a work conference = a jolly and i wanted somewhere I’ve not been before 

Yeah, I can understand that. Not being too keen on travel beyond my comfort zone of Europe and North America, I have no desire to go to Rio or Shanghai. But if I'd been sent to either by work, I'd have made the most of it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Seriously? With all the places you’ve been, you expect your works beano to be somewhere new for you?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Off to Edinburgh for a conference tomorrow 

previous years have been Shanghai and Rio .. the year I decide to go they pick bloody North Kilt Town

Oh well , could have been worse it could have been Glasgow 

Might be some warm-up shows to hide from work in, the Festival starts next week but the downside is it will already be choc full of lovies

Going to Oban at the end of the August. Just booked my return train ticket. £160. WTF. Is this a good price? A bad price? About right? Seemed extortionate to me.

Edited by Ingram85

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Going to Oban at the end of the August. Just booked my return train ticket. £160. WTF. Is this a good price? A bad price? About right? Seemed extortionate to me.

On the presumption you're going from somewhere in the Midlands, sounds about right.

If you go on trainline, you can see all the various prices for various times and days. As a comparison, I need to go to Newcastle from Cardiff next week. The time I needed to travel, the train was £360.00

So I'm saving a shit ton of money and flying instead.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

On the presumption you're going from somewhere in the Midlands, sounds about right.

If you go on trainline, you can see all the various prices for various times and days. As a comparison, I need to go to Newcastle from Cardiff next week. The time I needed to travel, the train was £360.00

So I'm saving a shit ton of money and flying instead.

You know the railways are f**ked up when it’s cheaper to fly

• Like 1

I live in Brecon and Radnor and there was some bloke in a pink mini and a clip board driving around our village yesterday writing things down. 

He's not from these parts,  we keep to our own round here so we ran him out of town with a mobility scooter (thanks Joan !!) and a cattle prod.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I live in Brecon and Radnor and there was some bloke in a pink mini and a clip board driving around our village yesterday writing things down. 

He's not from these parts,  we keep to our own round here so we ran him out of town with a mobility scooter (thanks Joan !!) and a cattle prod.

Also, looks like someone actually stole the Brexit bus and abandoned it in a layby. AND, slightly adapted a load of those Brexit Party posters they'd been counting.

EAjBrj6WsAA92jx?format=jpg&name=small

Been sticking independence posters over the top of them.

Police made aware of abandoned Brexit Bus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â