Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The fact that farting cows is headline news, not plastics or our burning fossil fuel like it's a competition. Animals have been around a lot longer than cars but they get the blame for the fact that the planet is a short time (relatively) from self-combusting. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

The fact that farting cows is headline news, not plastics or our burning fossil fuel like it's a competition. Animals have been around a lot longer than cars but they get the blame for the fact that the planet is a short time (relatively) from self-combusting. 

Probably for the veggie thread.

But it's not animals getting the blame, it's humans for mass farming the amount of animals that they do.

It's hugely damaging to the environment.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But it's not animals getting the blame, it's humans for mass farming the amount of animals that they do.

Yeah, I get that but I think my complaint was more about the one-dimensional reporting on the telly this morning. It was something along the lines of "oh no, the cows have been at it again, fartin' an that, causing the inevitable destruction of the planet".

• Like 1

Just now, choffer said:

Yeah, I get that but I think my complaint was more about the one-dimensional reporting on the telly this morning. It was something along the lines of "oh no, the cows have been at it again, fartin' an that, causing the inevitable destruction of the planet".

Ah gotcha. Yeah that's annoying :D 

12 minutes ago, bickster said:
22 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The masses of arseholes with cameras on Abbey Road, walking over the crossing. Anyone would think it was related to a group of musicians that were any good. eh @bickster?

I caught a snippet on the news before that said at some point the crossing had moved up the road and the width of the white stripes had changed width but now it was restored to its former position with the correct width of stripes so to be exactly as it was on the album cover.

They all deserve to be run over

Might be worth a petition to at least get it discussed in Parliament when they come back.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

and where the do you think all the vegetables come from? Mono-culture, fertilize the life out of the land, industrial farming is a long way from restricted to the meat industry. 

Fossil fuels are by far the dominant contribution. Stop being so naive.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

They do this a lot, make arrangements and then just take for granted I'll be there. I'm not the sort of person who gives on to peer pressure either, it just makes me less likely to do stuff.

The other week they all arranged to see Spiderman, and an hour before it starts they ask me where I am. "Oh we put it on the group chat a few weeks back"

DID I **** RESPOND? 😂

Some mates they are, asking you to do stuff with them and enjoy their company....PAH!

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Some mates they are, asking you to do stuff with them and enjoy their company....PAH!

You mean.... Planning things for me, sometimes without my knowledge and then expecting me to me there? 

I know. Right?

10 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

You mean.... Planning things for me, sometimes without my knowledge and then expecting me to me there? 

I know. Right?

This is just an elaborate hoax to make us believe you are popular in R/L, you don't fool me

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I know. Right?

You are right to stand your ground, don't give in to the peer pressure of attending enjoyable events such as visiting the cinema.

p.s i'm only messing.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is just an elaborate hoax to make us believe you are popular in R/L, you don't fool me

That scene in Home Alone with the cardboard cut outs? I do that to look popular 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You are right to stand your ground, don't give in to the peer pressure of attending enjoyable events such as visiting the cinema.

p.s i'm only messing.

I'll fight you. 😊😁

1 hour ago, villakram said:

and where the do you think all the vegetables come from? Mono-culture, fertilize the life out of the land, industrial farming is a long way from restricted to the meat industry. 

Fossil fuels are by far the dominant contribution. Stop being so naive.

That's a very defensive reply when I was just stating a fact. There was no opinion in my post :)

To elaborate, we use far more plant based food to feed livestock that we then eat, than we would use if we just ate the plant based food ourselves. A 14:1 ratio I believe. So yes you're right, industrial farming isn't restricted to the meat industry and nobody said it was, but there would still be far less of it if we ate less meat.

I mean there's literally an article there with 107 scientists agreeing on that (I posted it in the veggie thread. It's on the front page of the BBC news website), so you don't have to take my word for it :)

But like I said, this is for the veggie thread so we can carry on the discussion in there if you like.

Edited by Stevo985

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh gawd I've got a new one... wind chimes, f**king irritating hippy bullshit.

Some throbber in the close opposite has adorned the FRONT of their house with a wind chime. 

It is not remotely soothing which is it’s supposed intention

Possibly optimistic of you to think that annoying you wasn't the actual intention 🙂

Â