Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Similar to the above

Sitting at my desk, cheese sandwich and pack of hula hoops in front of me, BBC Sport open on my screen

"Oh hi Xela... errr are you at lunch?"

No, my job is sandwich tester and website approver you clown. 

They say your name backwards at work too?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Similar to the above

Sitting at my desk, cheese sandwich and pack of hula hoops in front of me, BBC Sport open on my screen

"Oh hi Xela... errr are you at lunch?"

No, my job is sandwich tester and website approver you clown. 

I imagine they thought you only took lunch in a pub entertaining clients. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

I imagine they thought you only took lunch in a pub entertaining clients. :)

Its not all glamour! Although I did find time to sink a couple yesterday lunchtime with some bods from another department 🍺

• Like 1

On 22/05/2019 at 16:11, Stevo985 said:

When you're speaking to someone, their phone rings, and they answer it immediately without apologising or acknowledging they're about to do it. Sometimes mid sentence.

This really pisses me off and it happened to me the other week actually.

Since moving back here, I visited an old friend who I'd not seen for about 9 years. Sitting in his flat yapping away in deep convo and suddenly his phone rings...

Not, can I call you back as I have company or any other polite intention! No. He pisses off into his kitchen with the phone and continues with the call..

After about a minute I get up and just walk out.

See you in another 9 years. Dickhead.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

After about a minute I get up and just walk out.

See you in another 9 years. Dickhead.

The look on his face when he realised 

What he did was obviously rude but your reaction isn't any better really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

No? Maybe it wasn't, but I have more important things to do and get on with than sitting, waiting for someone to finish on a long phone call.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No? Maybe it wasn't, but I have more important things to do and get on with than sitting, waiting for someone to finish on a long phone call.

Have you spoke to him since? 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Have you spoke to him since? 

Yeah he text about two hours after I had gone asking where had I gone.

I politely replied at the time saying I had to get on and had things to do and didn't want to sit twiddling my thumbs while he took his call.

It's not that, it was his sister who only lives 2 streets away! 

But not anything like, oh sorry about that etc.

It was the ignorance that pee'd me off at the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think leaving, quickly followed by a text - “didn’t know how much longer you’d be busy, so we can continue when you’re free another time. Message me if you want to meet again” would be perfectly acceptable. However, from the words in the post, it appears Rigo doesn’t think the big gap in seeing each other and the subsequent ignorant treatment, isn’t worth continuing the friendship for so I can understand why he just walked out.

Depending on how much I wanted to re-start the friendship after a 9 year gap, I think I’d have tried to have listened on how important the call. Was he just talking crap with a mate or had his mother just died? If the call was trivial, I’d only have waited a couple of minutes before quickly interrupting the call with “I'll leave you to it” and then walking out.

• Like 1

Not that I have this problem anymore, but drug dealers used to really piss me off. I’ll me you at so and so in 10 minutes. Half hour later still waiting. They must think that they are doing you a favour by meeting you. No mate I’m doing you the favour by giving you my hard earned money so you don’t have to work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not that I have this problem anymore, but drug dealers used to really piss me off. I’ll me you at so and so in 10 minutes. Half hour later still waiting. They must think that they are doing you a favour by meeting you. No mate I’m doing you the favour by giving you my hard earned money so you don’t have to work. 

It's because in that time frame they are waiting for other punters to request drugs so they can meet as many people in area for convenience.

Or so I hear.

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bloody unreliable drug dealers! What is the world coming to? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sound like electricians tbh

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It's because in that time frame they are waiting for other punters to request drugs so they can meet as many people in area for convenience.

Or so I hear.

UberDeal

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Or so I hear.

That would have to be the sharper end of the lot.

Most are cooked on their own product. Unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Probably the most reliable and generous people I have encountered in my life.

They are, without question, reliably guaranteed to f*** you around for time, and in doing so, generously sell you the two-for-one deal of a dose of drugs and a whopper dose of their bullshit. They think that they are telling you what you want to hear, even despite any explanation that an accurate time-frame allows for occupying time with something better than twiddling your thumbs and stewing on what an inconsiderate c^nt this dealer is. Ah, petty street dealing..

Â