Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

People who meander along the centre of a pavement without a care in the world and somehow make overtaking them on an 8 foot wide path a bit of a challenge.

I hate it when you've made a plan in your head to overtake the gormless breadbin in front of you and then they suddenly veer into your path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

People making a big deal about doing 'Dry January'

If it really is that difficult not to drink then you should see someone. 

Maybe I don't want to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I have nothing against tomatoes btw, I just don't like them in sandwiches, they make the bread too soggy. Lettuce on the other hand... just think of the pigs we could nuture on that land used up by farming the lettuce weed :D

Some bloody amateur has ruined your sandwich if the tomatoes make your bread soggy. Lettuce is up there with the most disappointing veg. It's not horrible, it just has no flavour. What it is good at, though, is being a barrier to protect your bread from other sandwich fillings.

Bread - tomato - lettuce: crap soggy sandwich

Bread - lettuce - tomato: victory.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some bloody amateur has ruined your sandwich if the tomatoes make your bread soggy. Lettuce is up there with the most disappointing veg. It's not horrible, it just has no flavour. What it is good at, though, is being a barrier to protect your bread from other sandwich fillings.

Bread - tomato - lettuce: crap soggy sandwich

Bread - lettuce - tomato: victory.

Yes but... LETTUCE :bang:

2 hours ago, Xela said:

"You never see an old man eating a Twix"

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Well Alex has already covered it, but anyway...

That's not the original clip. That's when they'd started rehashing things.

This is it, right at the start. Ricky's reaction is great. 

"You know what the terrible thing is, Steve... is he's right. You DON'T see an old man eating a twix"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve gone off Ricky Gervais in the last few years, but his laugh is fantastic. It’s so contagious.

Same. Those XFM shows are gold though. Never be bettered 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not the original clip. That's when they'd started rehashing things.

This is it, right at the start. Ricky's reaction is great. 

"You know what the terrible thing is, Steve... is he's right. You DON'T see an old man eating a twix"

Ah fair do’s. I’d only seen the twix observation in a “meet Karl Pilkington” dvd bonus on one of Gervais’ live shows, think it’s on you tube.

He talks about how you never see a 35 year old Chinese person, or something like that. Oh and whether his preferred method of execution would be to be hung or have a lethal injection with a finger inserted in his arse at the same time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I’ve gone off Ricky Gervais in the last few years, but his laugh is fantastic. It’s so contagious.

I've got a treat for you then...

From 0:55 until the end

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I worked with a bloke who always dipped his sandwiches in his tea and then ate them, like they were biscuits. 

I used to watch in disgust as the soggy tea-stained bread went from his mug to his mouth.

"It all goes down the same way, so why not ?" he shrugged.

:puke:

Veering into this briefly, as a youngster the we used to buy bread called Mothers Pride Scotch loaf.. once toasted the crusts are pretty hard. I found dipping them in tea was lovely though.  ^_^

.. a full sandwich though, na that does sound wrong.

Oh look, we're discussing food again.. and again it's been spiralised into man children crying about salad, and virgin-tarians giving advice on how to eat a ****' sandwich. 

Can all the people in said conversation stop eating and or drinking for a couple of weeks? 

sassy hair GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh look, we're discussing food again.. and again it's been spiralised into man children crying about salad, and virgin-tarians giving advice on how to eat a ****' sandwich. 

Can all the people in said conversation stop eating and or drinking for a couple of weeks? 

sassy hair GIF

That's pretty rich coming from the guy who won't put spread on a breakfast sandwich because of his daddy issues.

"no, daddy. Not the Flora again! NOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â