Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s brilliant isn’t it?

I’m almost tempted to deliberately get something wrong in a WhatsApp conversation with my mates just so I can use it when someone corrects me.

Me too, although I'm not sure what I'd google to find that gif :D 

• Haha 1

On the airblade chat, I do think they work a lot better than normal hand dryers.

I can't comment on whether they're worth the money or if they're over engineered, but they at least seem to meet the target of being an improvement over the normal hand dryer.

The one on the taps is pretty shit though

Sort of related to the hand dryer chat and it used to be something that wound me up. 

Anyone else occasionally see those old automatic hand wash machines where the water flows first, then dispenses the soap before finally drying with hot air? That used to wind me up, I’d still have soap on my hands and would need more water to wash it away before drying. 

Thankfully they seem to be few and far between these days.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:
33 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I tried “Orangutan puppet gif”.

The orangutan is called Lucy apparently.

Me too, although I'm not sure what I'd google to find that gif :D 

"robot orangutan" brings it up.

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

u8PlLpv.jpg

Spotted at work - not sure who I'm more pissed off at, the idiot that made it or the idiot that purchased it.

* but ignoring your speeling.  I wonder is it being self-aware ironic.  Probably not.

36 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Kit-Kats. Had one for the first time in ages. The tin-foil opens at the top now after years of it opening at the bottom.

Had to flip it around, as I'm not a monster and won't just rip it.

If you don't take off the paper and then run your thumb down the trench in the middle, neatly tearing the foil as you go, and then break it in half at that rip and remove the foil that way, then you're a psychopath.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If you don't take off the paper and then run your thumb down the trench in the middle, neatly tearing the foil as you go, and then break it in half at that rip and remove the foil that way, then you're a psychopath.

What about people separating the toffee part of a Twix from the biscuit part and eating both strips separately?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On the airblade chat, I do think they work a lot better than normal hand dryers.

I can't comment on whether they're worth the money or if they're over engineered, but they at least seem to meet the target of being an improvement over the normal hand dryer.

The one on the taps is pretty shit though

Still not better than the back of your jeans though, so whats the point?

Actually, the Dysons are an improvement on the old style warm hand driers because they don't cause the bacteria on your hands to grow at vastly faster rates than at room temperature.

Never used the old style hand driers because they were essentially bacteria growth accelerators and completely defeated the point of washing your hands

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

What about people separating the toffee part of a Twix from the biscuit part and eating both strips separately?

That's just weird. That's like eating a tea bag and then pouring the hot water down your throat.

• Haha 2

Just now, bickster said:

Still not better than the back of your jeans though, so whats the point?

Not all of us buy all our clothes from GOOutdoors so we don't want to soak our jeans just to dry our hands ;) 

Â