Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

If these are personal email addresses then that's a notifiable GDPR breach.

yeah ,that was my first thought 

but probably it isn't  , as it's the parent circle from the school , rather than the actual school itself .. so it would be like one of your mates trying to go after you you because you sent out a beer night email to 10 mates and shared everyone's email address  ..least that's how I hope everyone will view it

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah ,that was my first thought 

but probably it isn't  , as it's the parent circle from the school , rather than the actual school itself .. so it would be like one of your mates trying to go after you you because you sent out a beer night email to 10 mates and shared everyone's email address  ..least that's how I hope everyone will view it

If the data was collected by the school then they needed consent to share your email address with others. If it was collected by someone in the group with the intention of setting up the mailing list, then it's fine.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

it's the think about the risk to 1 in about 10000000000000 people who might die of a nut allergy whilst giving away booze that kills  thousands

What an utterly bizarre line of thought.

Do you do conference speeches?

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, snowychap said:

What an utterly bizarre line of thought.

Do you do conference speeches?

I did the last conference for "Whoosh" , the stop things going over  my head society

your refund is in the post

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

so why take away the fun of winning a bar of Toblerone  for the other 99% 

As if you'd donate a Toblerone

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

all the best chocolate has nuts in it

It really doesn't, in fact in the chocolate bar world with the exception of Toblerone any chocolate bar with nuts in is generally inferior. If we're moving on to pralines and the like in the more individual chocolate  bite sized world then you may have a point

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

donating

Back in the real world, however, you'd lost me at this point.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

As if you'd donate a Toblerone

:D

I did recently for a charity do  , one of the giant 4.5 KG ones  ( I had 2 of them tbf and tempting as it was to scoff them both I gave one away before I caught Diabetes)

I then proceeded to win it back  in the raffle  !!

Mrs H made me put it back in the draw :( ..swapped it for some wine or some other waste of a bottle 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It really doesn't, in fact in the chocolate bar world with the exception of Toblerone any chocolate bar with nuts in is generally inferior. If we're moving on to pralines and the like in the more individual chocolate  bite sized world then you may have a point

and yet the best selling chocolate bar in the world is snickers ?

i don't mind nuts in chocolate (i'd probably go for fruit and nut as my chocolate of choice) but i don't get the american obsession of putting cheap shite peanut butter in everything

I'm with Tony here, don't stop me winning nutty chocolate.

If one person in a hundred has a nut allergy, perhaps they could see to it that they don't eat nuts?

on another pissed off with a school theme:

Been to the nipper's 6th form event for a talk about Uni this evening, what an absolute shower of a presentation. Not enough coffee for all attending, not enough seats, it over ran by an hour, speakers' names were wrong on the info sheet, and a guy describing himself as the Executive Head Teacher had blocks of tiny print on power point slides, and then just read them out. Seriously unimpressed. I would genuinely expect better from the students.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and yet the best selling chocolate bar in the world is snickers ?

i don't mind nuts in chocolate (i'd probably go for fruit and nut as my chocolate of choice) but i don't get the american obsession of putting cheap shite peanut butter in everything

Peanuts aren't nuts, they are peas.

6 hours ago, snowychap said:

I can't agree but

Thank you.

Every year I play "The Nutcracker" at least 50 times around Christmas. All I ever sing in my head is "Everyone's a fruit & nut cake."

If I did it out loud people would think I was mad and so thank you for reassuring me that it isn't just some voice in my head I've made up.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

And jelly beans aren't beans, they are jelly. 

To continue in this vein - and most definitely qualifying as something that pisses me off...

Strawberries and raspberries are apparently not berries, they're "aggregate fruit".

And yet, the following are classified as berries: bananas, avocado, tomato, pumpkin, watermelon, kiwi fruit.

This really grind my gears. Way more than it should.

Â