Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Turned out he wanted the track skipped on the stereo system.

A job so demanding it required delegation; I'm getting a mental picture of your boss and it's not a good one. :)

:) To be fair he was doing something else, sorting out the new filing system the area manager has told us we have to use, I was just processing new stock and to be fair I don't give much of a **** what he tells me to do provided it's not degrading or illegal. He's generally a sound bloke.

Actually that reminds me of another piss me off that shouldn't thing - the new filing system we've got. We've not got that much space and have a lot of stock, we've basically got a main reserve stock space upstairs and downstairs we've got some shelves out back and some drawers by the till that we can realistically use for sales. Our solution to this, to help make the best compromise between speed and good use of space, was this - keep a 'master copy' of an item, with any copies out on the shopfloor banded to it, along with 2 spare copies fully boxed on the shelves in the back, keep the drawers by the till for 2 or 3 copies of items we know we'll sell a lot of, and the rest upstairs to be dipped into when the stock downstairs runs low.

The area manager says this is bad, so has now told us we have to move our shelf stock to the drawers, as much spare stock as possible to the shelves, and the rest upstairs. Whenever we sell something we have to then immediately grab a spare copy from the back to replace it in the drawer, which isn't really viable when we're busy. So all that happens is either the drawer starts to end up with stock missing from it, or we just get everything from the back, which takes longer.

It also means that the quick access to stock in the drawer that we regulated based on what sells and thus made good use of that space, is now slower because the drawer is full of stuff we know will never sell, taking up the space of stuff we know would.

Having worked for a department that acquired a major Computershare contract and were forced to take their inept staff as part of the deal, I wholeheartedly agree.

:lol:

As short-lived as it was, you were driving at a bloody good point and something I've mentioned a couple times in another thread; the only official line we've had from the club at all on McLeish has been that statement from earlier in the week on the OS. Everything else has seemingly snowballed from various speculatory sources, and I would not be in the least bit surprised if it turned out we've been jumping the gun.

:lol:

As short-lived as it was, you were driving at a bloody good point and something I've mentioned a couple times in another thread; the only official line we've had from the club at all on McLeish has been that statement from earlier in the week on the OS. Everything else has seemingly snowballed from various speculatory sources, and I would not be in the least bit surprised if it turned out we've been jumping the gun.

It's as if gossip and rumour may become so big that it'll actually become reality. Clutching at straws it may be a smoke screen and I hope so.

But my point wasn't controversial at all and deserved a thread. Usually we don't believe a footy story until there are actual quotes .... ie ITSOTP.. but that seems to have been completely ignored by people, thanks to the media just trying to sell papers and web stories, and bloggers trying to get traffic.

So much so in this case that I almost believe it to be true. But intellectually I can't see any real hard evidence for 99% of what is being stated.

Which Keyboard Hitler closed my thread without reason?

And please ban me if this offends you

I rather enjoyed this question.

Ummm....don't ban me.

Waking up 2 hours earlier not to workout but to work on a client who NEEDED in today and I have to leave early for my friends graduation. Only, oh yeah, he told me the WRONG DAY!!! It's tomorrow. So I am working early and moved other clients as well as paid someone to work my night shift tonight to not go to a graduation.

I'm not a happy bunny.

I can't talk. My father just asked why I'm better at typing than talking. Says I have to improve it. He's dead right though. I can't string a sentence together in speech. Any ideas how I'd improve getting the things in my head out through my mouth?

Â