Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The sun / hot weather I hate being hot and I also hate the number of people all over facebook and Twitter doing something because it's hot especially sun bathing which must be the most pointless thing ever

I agree.

Weather needs to be 15-20 not high 20's. It's horrible.

Movies about/based around/involving weddings.

(Although the Godfather and Deer Hunter can get a free pass on this front)

Hangover 1?????

Father of the Bride?????

The stupid teenage girl in Jurassic Park, T-rex's vision is based on movemet so just turn the **** torch off and stop screaming you stupid bint. God i wish they had got eaten.

The stupid teenage girl in Jurassic Park, T-rex's vision is based on movemet so just turn the **** torch off and stop screaming you stupid bint. God i wish they had got eaten.
Yep. And the fact that the park's computer system runs unix (no shit, Sherlock) so OBVIOUSLY she totally understands it. FFS.

15-20 is **** coooooold.

60-70 is more like it...

POB is using a real measure of temperature :thumb:

Fahrenheit pwns celsius for meteorological purposes as temperatures less than zero are fairly rare in most of the world (thus really **** cold) and temperatures over 100 are likewise fairly rare in most of the world (thus pretty **** hot), with 50 being only mildly uncomfortable. I suppose reorienting it so that freezing was something like 24 degrees would be even better, but

0: really **** cold

50: mildly cool

100: pretty **** hot

Is a whole lot more useful than

-18: really **** cold

10: mildly cool

38: pretty **** hot

For scientific purposes, though, celsius is superior.

Yep. And the fact that the park's computer system runs unix (no shit, Sherlock) so OBVIOUSLY she totally understands it. FFS.

tbf, if it actually was a *n?x (read: POSIX) interface that was being shown, a lot could be accomplished off the bat by anyone with a reasonable level of *n?x experience would understand a lot of it. Of course, since the only thing I remember about the Jurassic Park computer systems was that they used SGI's bullshit 3D filemanager instead of a POSIX-compliant shell and the usual tools, that point doesn't really apply either.

15-20 is **** coooooold.

60-70 is more like it...

POB is using a real measure of temperature :thumb:

Fahrenheit pwns celsius for meteorological purposes as temperatures less than zero are fairly rare in most of the world (thus really **** cold) and temperatures over 100 are likewise fairly rare in most of the world (thus pretty **** hot), with 50 being only mildly uncomfortable. I suppose reorienting it so that freezing was something like 24 degrees would be even better, but

0: really **** cold

50: mildly cool

100: pretty **** hot

Is a whole lot more useful than

-18: really **** cold

10: mildly cool

38: pretty **** hot

For scientific purposes, though, celsius is superior.

Celcius is a whole lot more logical. 0 = freezing, 100 = boiling, Fahrenheit is just like you're measuring the temperature from a random point on the scale, 32 = freezing, 212 = boiling.

It would be like the day starting at 04.37am rather than 00.00am.

When an inarticulate moron of a customer can't describe their problem accurately to you, eventually resulting in them hanging up on you cuz they're pissed off with you! Get back to me when you know wtf you're on about :D

When an inarticulate moron of a customer can't describe their problem accurately to you, eventually resulting in them hanging up on you cuz they're pissed off with you! Get back to me when you know wtf you're on about :D

Must be a woman. In my experience they just cannot describe anything. Yesterday I asked my missus where the tape measure was, "near the window in the conservatory" she replied.

Other classics include "the computer blew up!" translated into 'male' was the computer powered down for an unknown reason and "there's a hole in my car window" actually means there is a gap in the trim at the side of the drivers side window.

tbf, if it actually was a *n?x (read: POSIX) interface that was being shown, a lot could be accomplished off the bat by anyone with a reasonable level of *n?x experience would understand a lot of it. Of course, since the only thing I remember about the Jurassic Park computer systems was that they used SGI's bullshit 3D filemanager instead of a POSIX-compliant shell and the usual tools, that point doesn't really apply either.

I love that there exists people who can engage in legitimate discussions about the ramifications of the I.T. platform in Jurassic Park. God bless you all. :thumb:

I love that there exists people who can engage in legitimate discussions about the ramifications of the I.T. platform in Jurassic Park. God bless you all. :thumb:

Very much this.

They're running around getting eaten by dinosaurs which they've cloned from mosquitos preserved in amber, but there are people worried about the legitimacy of the IT software and if one of the characters could really understand it or not.

That's like watching the matrix and saying "This isn't very realistic, those sunglasses would never stay on his nose by themselves"

Â