Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, snowychap said:

There would be no other way of me making it past those cars as a pedestrioan without either using the top one's bonnet as some sort of trampoline or clumsily catching the taillights of the other one with my boot.

That is exactly the way you should pass :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

At the football on Sunday, in the rammed pub, 4 deep at the bar, the amount of people wanting to pay by card. If you're going to the football, take cash ffs! Then there was one guy who got to the bar, and when they finally got served, asked the barmaid what lagers they had!? You've just spent 15 waiting to get served, surely you can read the ******* pumps!? He then ordered Carling, and paid with his card. Tit.   

Don't be too hard on him, he's obviously got issues. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

How old is your card? I thought they were all contactless these days. 

2 out my 3 cards aren't contactless. The one that is, it doesn't work anymore :(

I'm a chip and pin rocket polisher. 

I'm training a guy who's come over from India to replace me, I mean to assist with an increased workload. I'm definitely not being made redundant (for at least a few months).

That's just business, that's not the bit that pisses me off. What pisses me off is that instead of saying "ok", or "yes" as a kind of oral prompt that he understands what I'm saying as I train him, he interjects with "correct". I know it's correct you **** nugget, I'm the one doing the **** training on a piece of software you've never bloody seen before.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

Been there, done that. Some of their other irritating sayings are "please do the needful", if something isn't for them to fix then "it's out of scope" or if they have a question then it's phrased " i have a doubt".

Look, we all have our sayings and such like but i honestly believe they speak from a script. 

If you're a 3 phone customer then you'll know what i mean :angry:

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm training a guy who's come over from India to replace me, I mean to assist with an increased workload. I'm definitely not being made redundant (for at least a few months).

That's just business, that's not the bit that pisses me off. What pisses me off is that instead of saying "ok", or "yes" as a kind of oral prompt that he understands what I'm saying as I train him, he interjects with "correct". I know it's correct you **** nugget, I'm the one doing the **** training on a piece of software you've never bloody seen before.

You should test him with something that's incorrect then, and when he says 'correct' explain to him why his responses are not helping him or you.

Do the needful isn't a script thing. It's a quirk of Indian English.

Out of scope is a very normal phrase; I used it when I was on the first line fairly regularly.

Also, the word 'revert' is very popular.

Edited by StefanAVFC

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:54, mjmooney said:

Surely illegal. 

thought I was reading somewhere the other day that it isn't  ..only in London is it illegal , as per The Highway code

elsewhere it's down to individual councils to get a traffic regulation order  .... which I don't think any / many have .

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also, the word 'revert' is very popular.

But with a completely different definition, meaning to reply.

"Please do the needful and revert today itself".

So you want me to make that change, then change it right back?!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

You should test him with something that's incorrect then, and when he says 'correct' explain to him why his responses are not helping him or you.

I'd rather complain on the internet :blush:

On 25/04/2017 at 09:23, Stevo985 said:

Why the **** does my washing machine beep about 5 minutes before the cycle finishes. 

And then when it does finish, it beeps again. But you can't open the door for another 5 minutes. 

Then when you can open the door it doesn't beep. 

Why? Who thought of this? Beep once when my clothes are ready you square word removed

My washing machine doesn't stop beeping till you turn it off after a load. So when I am lying in the couch watching Aussie rules/cricket etc and drinking beer my Mrs will go out and do stuff. Guaranteed she will put a load of washing on before she goes. As I'm not a complete toss by getting me to go to the machine to stop the beeping, she knows I will hang it up. Usually involves me missing something interesting and hanging up washing can be very sobering. 

People who huff and puff rushing around, panicking,jumping from one thing to another, putting on a big show that they are really grafting and working hard but in reality are accomplishing the square root of **** all. I have little doubt that in their head they genuinely think they are putting in a great shift too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I have little doubt that in their head they genuinely think they are putting in a great shift too.

No I think they know exactly how useful they are, and the huffing and puffing is an attempt to try and pull the wool over everyone else.  They know theirs is not a great shift.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm training a guy who's come over from India to replace me,

I'd be out the door instantly if I heard outsourcing mentioned, unless I'm being moved to the company taking over. (not india obviously)

It's a work in progress. :) 

It's a shame, this is by far the best office I've worked in and the work is interesting, but the writing is very much on the wall as soon as offshoring is mentioned.

48 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People who huff and puff rushing around, panicking,jumping from one thing to another, putting on a big show that they are really grafting and working hard but in reality are accomplishing the square root of **** all. I have little doubt that in their head they genuinely think they are putting in a great shift too.

I have to work with a couple of those. 

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do the needful isn't a script thing. It's a quirk of Indian English.

Out of scope is a very normal phrase; I used it when I was on the first line fairly regularly.

That's a matter of opinion and you've expressed your's. It doesn't mean that you are correct.

In any case, isn't that the whole point of posting such stuff under this topic's title ? It's a thing that pisses ME off that shouldn't. Simple as that.

Â