Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

That's a matter of opinion and you've expressed your's. It doesn't mean that you are correct.

In any case, isn't that the whole point of posting such stuff under this topic's title ? It's a thing that pisses ME off that shouldn't. Simple as that.

Okay..?

I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was just contributing to the discussion. I work in the Managed Infrastructure Service industry, worked with hundreds of Indian guys across various lines of business; almost all of them used the phrase 'kindly do the needful'.

Bit of a massive overreaction there. It's like you're offended somebody has offered a different viewpoint.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't stand for that mottaloo. :lol:

Naah it's ok. The written word - as opposed to spoken - can often be misinterpreted as more serious as was meant. I wasn't having a queenie fit, honestly ! So, no offence intended @StefanAVFC 

Outsourcing is a very raw nerve with me for the last 2 years and it's reduced me to bitching about it on VT. 

I think i need to revert :wacko:

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

Naah it's ok. The written word - as opposed to spoken - can often be misinterpreted as more serious as was meant. I wasn't having a queenie fit, honestly ! So, no offence intended @StefanAVFC 

Outsourcing is a very raw nerve with me for the last 2 years and it's reduced me to bitching about it on VT. 

I think i need to revert :wacko:

No problem. Thought it was a bit strange so presumed you may have read something from me that wasn't there :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOF said:

You should test him with something that's incorrect then, and when he says 'correct' explain to him why his responses are not helping him or you.

Something like "This software is great,  ever since the introduction of the Flux-Capacitor-by-pass for heavy threading it's a big improvement,  you know about flux-capacitors right ?"

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 2

Got a bloody gas leak and it can't be fixed until tomorrow afternoon. Thought I could smell gas yesterday under the stairs in the cupboard but with no light bulb or torch it was hard to investigate. Got my wife's lighter and tried to have a proper look but couldn't really see a lot. Rang the council anyway and yep, they confirmed we have a leak.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

People who huff and puff rushing around, panicking,jumping from one thing to another, putting on a big show that they are really grafting and working hard but in reality are accomplishing the square root of **** all. I have little doubt that in their head they genuinely think they are putting in a great shift too.

Every deputy ward manager, most staff nurses and a few health care assistants I've ever worked with. Clearings. These are usually the people that use terms like 'be mindfull' and 'it's a work in progress'.

How there seems to be a new film with The Rock in it every few weeks.

I love The Rock, I was a huge fan when I was a kid and I think it's fantastic that he's managed to become successful outside of the terrible company that is WWE, but damn. 

Saying that, I've never watched a single film featuring the guy because he seems to stick exclusively to genres I don't care for.

Meh, he's just sticking to his strengths and probably has a lot of fun doing them and earns a shit-ton of cash making them.

Could you really take him seriously in a more serious role?

24 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Meh, he's just sticking to his strengths and probably has a lot of fun doing them and earns a shit-ton of cash making them.

Could you really take him seriously in a more serious role?

Not at this stage, but I've said before in this thread that i do think he's a very talented guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he expanded into those sorts of roles eventually. 

At the moment I'm sure he's very happy making the shit tonne of cash he's earning doing the easy stuff

Â