Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, Xela said:

The rise in this kind of parking if there isn't sufficient room. Prevalent in certain Birmingham suburbs far more often than others.

JS112188408.jpg

C6PybkTWMAEWi-D.jpg

There would be no other way of me making it past those cars as a pedestrioan without either using the top one's bonnet as some sort of trampoline or clumsily catching the taillights of the other one with my boot.

• Like 2

At the football on Sunday, in the rammed pub, 4 deep at the bar, the amount of people wanting to pay by card. If you're going to the football, take cash ffs! Then there was one guy who got to the bar, and when they finally got served, asked the barmaid what lagers they had!? You've just spent 15 waiting to get served, surely you can read the ******* pumps!? He then ordered Carling, and paid with his card. Tit.   

Card should be quicker than them fumbling around getting change, especially if they're even somewhat modern and have contactless. It's not like they're rocking up and paying by cheque. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, snowychap said:

There would be no other way of me making it past those cars as a pedestrioan without either using the top one's bonnet as some sort of trampoline or clumsily catching the taillights of the other one with my boot.

I'm also not sure I'd be able to get my keys past that car without them somehow making contact with it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Card should be quicker than them fumbling around getting change, especially if they're even somewhat modern and have contactless. It's not like they're rocking up and paying by cheque. 

If the pub has got contactless payment, yes. Not if it's chip and pin. Plus if you've got a 15 min wait to get served, you should have your money ready. There are just some circumstances where cash works best, and pubs at the football is one of them.

54 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

At the football on Sunday, in the rammed pub, 4 deep at the bar, the amount of people wanting to pay by card. If you're going to the football, take cash ffs! Then there was one guy who got to the bar, and when they finally got served, asked the barmaid what lagers they had!? You've just spent 15 waiting to get served, surely you can read the ******* pumps!? He then ordered Carling, and paid with his card. Tit.   

Defintely one of the main things that pissed me off working behind a bar, similarly someone that comes to the bar stands in front of the lager taps (none of which are Carling) and asks for a pint of Carling, actually while i'm at it someone that comes in and ask for a pint of lager. This day and age there are very few pubs that have one lager on.

• Like 1

Similar to the above, on the rare occasions where I am forced to travel amongst the unwashed on public buses, why is it that aul' ones will sit for ages waiting for a bus, completely idle, and ONLY at the point where they're on the bus and expected to put money into the machine will they THEN go **** foostering through their **** purse for change?  Has it come as a surprise to you that money is needed?  Arsehole.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Similar to the above, on the rare occasions where I am forced to travel amongst the unwashed on public buses, why is it that aul' ones will sit for ages waiting for a bus, completely idle, and ONLY at the point where they're on the bus and expected to put money into the machine will they THEN go **** foostering through their **** purse for change?  Has it come as a surprise to you that money is needed?  Arsehole.

I have wished swift death on hundreds of people that did this while I was using the buses in Brum.

There's no excuse for fumbling around for cash or any relevant card if you've had to queue or wait first. 

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

When I was a bus rocket polisher, the rule was, have the correct change (or as near as I could) ready, and in an easily accessible pocket, if not ready in my hand if the bus was in sight. No excuse for fumbling for change, unless you've had to run to catch the bus.

• Like 1

add to that being unprepared at a london underground barrier. seriously, why isn't your card already in your hand? why have you not topped up your oyster? why do you still have an oyster instead of using a contactless card? get your **** apple pay ready before you get to it.

more on the underground, see that little red light? it means the barrier won't work. also, stop waiting for the thing to close before you tap. and let people off the train first. and stop reading your **** phone as you leave the train, dawdle down the platform and walk up the stairs, blocking the way for everyone else who doesn't have an attention span so short they have to check their instagram feed. IT HASNT UPDATED SINCE YOU CHECKED ON THE TRAIN, YOURE UNDER THE **** GROUND.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I haven't got a contactless card, I feel like a caveman having to enter my pin nowadays.

At least if I get mugged they won't be able to use my card without my pin 9904.

How old is your card? I thought they were all contactless these days. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Mine isn't. Not everywhere has that yet either, and a lot of places also have a £20 limit per transaction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can still opt for a non-contactless card fron most (if not all) places.

Edited by snowychap
To add non!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Mine isn't. Not everywhere has that yet either, and a lot of places also have a £20 limit per transaction.

they all have for any transaction, and it's been raised now to £30.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

May 2015. I call him 453 cos of those cute lil digits he has on the back.

Ah, that's really cute. What's the big long number on the front?

Oh can you PM your full name (at it appears on the card), and your address too? I want to send you a present.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Ah, that's really cute. What's the big long number on the front?

Oh can you PM your full name (at it appears on the card), and your address too? I want to send you a present.

Ah, thanks Dave. PM'd you all the info.

Luckily it expires in May 2018 so I'll hopefully get a contactless one then.

I've got to be honest though, the security aspect of them does concern me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Defintely one of the main things that pissed me off working behind a bar, similarly someone that comes to the bar stands in front of the lager taps (none of which are Carling) and asks for a pint of Carling, actually while i'm at it someone that comes in and ask for a pint of lager. This day and age there are very few pubs that have one lager on.

And a lot of chains also charge more for the go to brands, Fosters and Carling than other more premium lagers, as you ask for a lager, Fosters/Carling ok and you say yes and by default have chosen to purchase a more expensive pint.

Â