Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Yeah ASDA is the new Walmart. I go there generally at 8am before work to avoid shit like Midfielder said above. The chavs and unemployed generally don't go before 12 after a hard night of drinking hawksridge cider and keeping the neighbours awake.

Spot on. As an early riser myself, timing is critical. I don't mean to "diss" Gloucester so much but the chances of seeing someone in slippers and dressing gown at 10am on a weekday , clearly not showered or prepared for a civilised day, is common in the city centre Asda. They don't even care how it looks. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Birmingham but had to detour to Bloxwich to drop off a colleague who has worse for wear and kept retching in the cab!

That's awkward fella. You, being in a composed state, seeing that go on, dodging any "friendly fire", no doubt having to apologise and care for the passenger and having to ride the rest of journey amidst the atrocity. 

Still though, interesting journey for the subsequent booking. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

That's awkward fella. You, being in a composed state, seeing that go on, dodging any "friendly fire", no doubt having to apologise and care for the passenger and having to ride the rest of journey amidst the atrocity. 

Still though, interesting journey for the subsequent booking. 

I was stone cold sober when I got home. Must have been in the cab about an hour!

Plus I had to pay the full amount myself as the colleague had no money so I need to broach the subject net week about getting their share paid back to me. I doubt they remember getting home. 

45 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Spot on. As an early riser myself, timing is critical. I don't mean to "diss" Gloucester so much but the chances of seeing someone in slippers and dressing gown at 10am on a weekday , clearly not showered or prepared for a civilised day, is common in the city centre Asda. They don't even care how it looks. 

As someone who's only visited the place once, many years ago, I must say I'm shocked by these comments on Gloucester. I'd assumed it was an extremely quaint, olde worlde, refined place, as far from chavvy as possible. Not so, apparently. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

As someone who's only visited the place once, many years ago, I must say I'm shocked by these comments on Gloucester. I'd assumed it was an extremely quaint, olde worlde, refined place, as far from chavvy as possible. Not so, apparently. 

I've worked there and it's not like it's painted to be.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thats alright then. I just thought you might of touched him that's all.

I've stopped doing that now, especially after the previous warnings ;)

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I've been there twice recently, once for a gig, once for a drink.

Decidedly 'characterful' place. Sat in the town centre at 5:00pm watching a bunch of drugged up dossers fighting over a seagull that couldn't fly away the one time. Sat in a pub that was doing nothing about a beggar that had come in the next time I visited.

Every town has good days and bad days, good bits and bad. I'm in no rush to go back to Gloucester.

Oh yeah, and some scumbag tried to get the roof bars off my car whilst it was in the hotel car park overnight.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Oh yeah, and some scumbag tried to get the roof bars off my car whilst it was in the hotel car park overnight.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've worked there....

sh.gif

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I've always wanted to visit Gloucester to see the docks/river etc... Think I'll give it a miss then. Is Bristol any better?

I lived in Bristol for a couple of years until recently...couldn't praise it enough. Fantastic city.

• Like 3

Bristol is lovely, but christ the prices at restaurants. Acting all London billy bollocks. Went somewhere which automatically presumed a 17.5% service charge. Er **** off mate, you've just charged me nearly £20 for a fairly ordinary pub standard mains, you've had quite enough of the extras already. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I was stone cold sober when I got home. Must have been in the cab about an hour!

Plus I had to pay the full amount myself as the colleague had no money so I need to broach the subject net week about getting their share paid back to me. I doubt they remember getting home. 

Well hats off to you. I don't drink that much and know what it's like to be the "baby sitter" on nights out but a £65 taxi bill from your pocket, yeah mate, if that was me I would have emailed this morning straight to their work email account with a (jokey if need be) prompt of "oh and by the way"... Sort of polite demand. No broaching necessary. Also, since you are the gatekeeper to the truth...

Youc could wind them up that they did XYZ on the way home, not like they'd remember what they did. Something to score you a work favour, or to just let them cringe in dread. Like you had to clean up the taxi as the driver got aggressive or whatever, anything. Or if you're a bastard and they deserved it, just flat out spread a rumour they can't disprove. Or just hang one on them. Way back years ago, I managed to pull this off... Again, baby sitter like you but without the puke... and I never confessed it to be false, so in his mind the story stands to this day. What became of the seed I accidentally planted if anything at all, I'll never know. I'd hate, no, I'd like, to think that right now he's giving it some on some podium somewhere, Village People style. Anyway: 

Work colleague I used to half get on with, we were both single and this lad was really into his Neil Strauss, about the time The Game came out. Thought he was The Man etc and to his credit he did actually do ok in that way too, results wise. Anyway this guy was completely over sexualised and at the end of a dead night out in Manchester he was past the point of no return, wild stuff in public, acting like a dick, like a pre-pass out adrenaline spurt of idiocy. While I was trying to get a taxi, the nob managed to get some random munter to let him give her a piggy back down the street. I missed the fall but he fell face down, whacked his cheek... Lights out. F--k A and E, taxi as planned. 

The next day, having kipped on my couch, went in, cheek fine, huge black eye and he was freaked out as he was in pain and dint know why, hadn't seen himself in mirror yet. I told him that on his suggestion "we hit Tribecca, as it would be easy to pull in there" which was the kind of thing he would say, and Tribecca was a gay bar by the college near Canal Street by the way. I acted deliberately cagey with him after, made breakfast and sat down. As we ate, and I'll never forget this I went for the kill , something like "mate is there anything you want to talk about" etc, built up the intrigue etc "because if not, I'll keep last night to myself" etc. Anyway long story short, I slowly eased into a story that he went missing in the bar (and that I got pissed off looking for him) and when I found him he was getting off with some dude and feeling him up, real detail about where his hand was and what it was doing.

Cue the shock. I kept going, but keeping my body language tight as I led the story down the garden path of him telling me to F off and get a taxi home, and that we had had a blazing row etc leading to the bouncers kicking us out, and that he got abusive with a bouncer who duly dealt him one as we were thrown out. I was amazed I'd been allowed to spin it that far and sealed it with I won't tell anyone if he doesn't as apparently "I was as embarrassed as him" etc etc. 

Needless to say, we never went out after work ever again and he kept his distance, which was no loss but professionally even though he was a pay band higher, he was my absolute bitch in the workplace right up until I left. Will never forget that, mate, its an option... Depends how much you like that colleague. Everyone does crazy stuff when they're way way beyond a certain point, and they're at your mercy as to filling in the blanks of a crazy night out as so. Me, I'd say you owe them one. Up to you how far and how long you take it, or if even come clean at all. You're welcome. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

All cities are hit and miss, to be fair it's a nice place but yes like anywhere... City centres attract all sorts. There's a lot of sorts though! Cheltenham is much much nicer , but they'll make sure you know it is, and charge accordingly. anyway travel review done, oh and one last thing they hate football too. All about Gloucester Rugby, nothing else. I mean even Gloucester City play in Cheltenham f f sake. 

Â