Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The wall-to-wall politics on Facebook. **** sick to death of it. Even FB Purity doesn't filter it all out.

I like to have a look at FB and have a laugh not feel suicidal. Gonna have to do some un-following.

I gave up Facebook about 4 months ago. No regrets really, apart from not keeping in touch with all those wonderful Texans I made friends with.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm looking for new jobs online but the best-paid ones insist on people having certain qualifications or skills.  Pisses me right off, it does.

Apply for a job in the U.S. government. High pay, qualifications and skills unnecessary. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

IT jobs going to moustached men in India is usually about 6-12 months before the axe falls and redundancies occur, in my experience.

I'm weighing up whether to stick around for a payoff or GTFO before I have to fix all of their mess.

Not our place! We announce the redundancies in the UK then rush around Hyderabad trying to employ people in time before the UK workers leave!

Sorry to hear your news mate. 70% of the support function in my company are being 'offshored' 

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

The wall-to-wall politics on Facebook. **** sick to death of it. Even FB Purity doesn't filter it all out.

I like to have a look at FB and have a laugh not feel suicidal. Gonna have to do some un-following.

It's bad enough on here. I'm all for a politics sub forum so I could completely stay out of it! 

• Like 1

I can't think of anything more depressing than listening to gobshites on the radio. Spotify is the way to go. Just give me music not some clearing in the woods's half-baked opinions on the day's news.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 09:16, Davkaus said:

Had a great start of year conference call with the CEO announcing the exciting oppurtunities we'll have this year, beginning with dozens of developers working in India being brought in to our teams to help out, after we train them up of course. 

Updating my CV is a lovely way to start the week.

Sitting in the office, all is quiet, a car alarm sounds outside, and one guy comes out with "why do car alarms and rape alarms sound so similar?". I think I can see why they're replacing us. :mellow:

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I can't think of anything more depressing than listening to gobshites on the radio. Spotify is the way to go. Just give me music not some clearing in the woods's half-baked opinions on the day's news.

Spotify is so good. £5 a month for unlimited access to (nearly) everything out there. Custom daily and weekly playlists made for you based off of what you listen to. I've discovered a lot of new music through it. Hell you can have it for free if you can deal with adverts every now and then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Spotify is so good. £5 a month for unlimited access to (nearly) everything out there. Custom daily and weekly playlists made for you based off of what you listen to. I've discovered a lot of new music through it. Hell you can have it for free if you can deal with adverts every now and then.

The Daily Mix and Discover Weekly features are brilliant.

For someone like me who likes to hear at least 3 new albums a week it's a great way to find new stuff.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I saw a pedestrian indicating to turn right today.

That pissed me off. I really don't know why.

How did that work? Did they just stick their right arm out, or wave it up and down slowly?

Or was the pedestrian fitted with indicator lights? :huh:

My own inability to pull up idiots, who post ridiculous right wing shit on social media. I see friends (I say friends, it's mostly people I went to school with, or worked with years ago) and even family posting the usual, "share and like if you think this is a disgrace" stuff, and I just let it slide. It seems pointless trying to argue with someone who would blindly believe the stuff that gets posted, and (certainly in the case of family) it makes me uncomfortable pointing out that people are idiots to their face. I think I'm just going to have to do a massive unfollow cull.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

My own inability to pull up idiots, who post ridiculous right wing shit on social media. I see friends (I say friends, it's mostly people I went to school with, or worked with years ago) and even family posting the usual, "share and like if you think this is a disgrace" stuff, and I just let it slide. It seems pointless trying to argue with someone who would blindly believe the stuff that gets posted, and (certainly in the case of family) it makes me uncomfortable pointing out that people are idiots to their face. I think I'm just going to have to do a massive unfollow cull.  

I have got one in my family as well.  I only see the posts 3rd hand though as I do not have Facebook.

Something about letting people drown last time in the Mediterranean.

I got rid of Facebook years and years ago and the longer I live the better I feel for it.  Facebook is someone else's battle to lose and the more people who ditch it the better the world will be.  You would not follow these people in real life so I don't see the attraction in following blokes around in any form social media or at a shopping centre, it's just weird IMO.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jon said:

How did that work? Did they just stick their right arm out, or wave it up and down slowly?

Or was the pedestrian fitted with indicator lights? :huh:

Stuck their arm out. They were intending to cross the road at a zebra crossing. But they stuck their arm out a good 5 yards before they got there.

To be fair it worked. But it annoyed me.

5 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Tricky one. I think it's still better to pull them up on it, or at the least point out their abhorrent post and maybe suggest alternative theories. But it is problematic, especially as you may then see these people socially, and there than could be some anger/bad blood/tension etc.

I only have 1 of these such people left on my friend list, an old school friend, who only on Sunday was defending Trump and posted to the effect that the UK also "needs to look after their own kind".

I pulled him up on it, as it's about as racist as you can get.

I don't want to see this sort of shit on my timeline, so I'd generally pull them up on it, and then defriend, but the whole thing is a bit of a minefield.

If you want to take the easy way out, don't defriend, just block their posts. Job done.

• Like 3

Just now, Jon said:

Tricky one. I think it's still better to pull them up on it, or at the least point out their abhorrent post and maybe suggest alternative theories

You are not a teacher or guardian and they should already know this.  

If you pull them up on it what would be the ideal outcome for you and what is the reality in your experience.

1 minute ago, Jon said:

I don't want to see this sort of shit on my timeline

Do people actually worry about this ?

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Do people actually worry about this ?

Not sure worry is the correct term.

I certainly dislike seeing intolerance, hatred, racism and bigotry, yes.

Where I see it on my timeline, which will usually be fromsomeone on my friend list, I am somewhat saddened. Saddened that I have a friend who would hold such views. So yes, I'd certainly challenge their view, as I would find it quite distasteful.

Depending upon who they are (and they are unlikely to be a close friend with views like that), I would also unfollow or defriend.

• Like 4

Â