Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

This thread isn't fair Tony. The honours system and all that it honours, individual or otherwise piss me off when it shouldn't.

Nah, you should be pissed off about the honours system. You're off-topic :)

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't quite get the "services to fashion" bit? She created a fashion label to sell some clothes and make herself some money... How is that any different to all the other clothes shops and fashion labels? 

How is it, indeed, different from literally anybody who works for a living?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How is it, indeed, different from literally anybody who works for a living?

Exactly, I'd love to know the definition of "services to". 

Utter bollocks and leads to widespread corruption.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

If by 'created' you mean 'allowed her name to be used in return for a chunk of the profits', then yes. I'm quite sure all the real work was done by others. 

Apparently not., er, not that I'm up on that sort of thing, but it seems she actually did stuff.

The honours system is broken and probably obsolete, but like Tony said, it's harsh to blame the individuals nominated (unless they're buying the honours from Tories or Labour or whoever).

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Mike Parry. Not often I am in my car during a weekday but caught a bit of his talksport show.

What a fat ****, pig headed, arrogant moron this word removed is. Who is the producer of this? Who allows this?

The two Mikes is the worst radio show in the world. Mike Parry is one of the most annoying **** wits I have ever heard. I cant stand him either. He talks over the guests and everything that comes out of his mouth is complete arse gravy. 

The 'clickbait' vocabulary. 

With ad revenue clickbait is obviously a thing which isn't going away and while websites exist to draw views from incendiary or enticing headlines. And I'm not really pissed off about that. But the way the headlines are written piss my teeth on edge and make me want to hurt whoever writes them.

There's loads of standard ones they use but the one that really gets me irked is 'Dumb things in *insert pop culture property* that everyone just ignored'.

I've no idea quite what it is about that sentence, but I can picture the look of the kind of person who would say it, and I can hear the exact tone of American they'd say it in, and makes me want to reach for the knives.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

The 'clickbait' vocabulary. 

With ad revenue clickbait is obviously a thing which isn't going away and while websites exist to draw views from incendiary or enticing headlines. And I'm not really pissed off about that. But the way the headlines are written piss my teeth on edge and make me want to hurt whoever writes them.

There's loads of standard ones they use but the one that really gets me irked is 'Dumb things in *insert pop culture property* that everyone just ignored'.

I've no idea quite what it is about that sentence, but I can picture the look of the kind of person who would say it, and I can hear the exact tone of American they'd say it in, and makes me want to reach for the knives.

I wrote a long post a while back about just this but deleted it because it wasnt very eloquent. I think you've nailed it more than I could.

What really pisses me off is headlines like " America just killed a dog and no one is talking about it." or "He stood on a pitchfork but what happened next will shock you."

Just **** off.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Your first mistake was listening to talksport. 

In all fairness to talksport, they do have one jewel in the crown in Paul Hawksbee, whose show that idiot Parry has taken over for the week.

Genuinely funny bloke, PH and the only reason I listen to talkshite radio

9 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I wrote a long post a while back about just this but deleted it because it wasnt very eloquent. I think you've nailed it more than I could.

What really pisses me off is headlines like " America just killed a dog and no one is talking about it." or "He stood on a pitchfork but what happened next will shock you."

Just **** off.

So what DID happen next?

I hate the ones that say something like "You'll never believe what the members of Take That look like now!" Or, "Type in your name...wait 12 seconds.. and prepare to have your mind blown!"

There are some real bottom feeders out there. 

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I hate the ones that say something like "You'll never believe what the members of Take That look like now!" Or, "Type in your name...wait 12 seconds.. and prepare to have your mind blown!"

There are some real bottom feeders out there. 

worst one I have seen exclaimed "what princess diana would look like now if she hadn't have died"

Â