Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Giving it up until next time :)

Definitely for the remainder of the week, just trying to get sugar into me to stop the hangover being even worse.

Edited by Seat68

My 6 year old son got a Scalextric for Christmas, how is it still so infuriatingly shit as it was 30 years ago? I can't believe the design has not evolved at all. Those stupid little brushes that always bend out of place, so annoying.

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How come you start back tomorrow? I start back next Wednesday and I'm already dreading it. 

Got to keep the economy ticking over in these uncertain Brexit times.

Work wasn't too bad today, thank Allah. 

Picking a checkout line at the supermarket only to find that it's not moving very quickly, so I picked the next line down, but it wasn't moving any faster, and then I saw the woman behind me in the first line wheel her stuff out while I'm still waiting.

th?&id=OIP.M435b09ede6947a65978b79410412

13 hours ago, Genie said:

My 6 year old son got a Scalextric for Christmas, how is it still so infuriatingly shit as it was 30 years ago? I can't believe the design has not evolved at all. Those stupid little brushes that always bend out of place, so annoying.

I can still remember the slight burning smell that it always produces.  The cars are too light I think.  

My dad put it on some big piece of wood and it was hinged on the wall so it folded up/down.  So always set up.

So Victoria Beckham is seemingly getting an OBE for services to charity and Fashion. So tell me what personally has she done for charity, I dont mean turning up to a do, I mean what has she personally done. I can turn up to a piss up, This gets me raging every year, no marks getting honoured for doing **** all. This is of course prior to the list of shitty celebrities getting their price for sucking up to the royals, of course Schofield will get something this year for his fawning piece of shite on Prince Philip. Wouldn't surprise me if Farage got something for services to racism.  

The Beckhams have a children's foundation charity don't they ? I'd imagine it's raised millions , no idea how much of that can be directly attributed to her but she's also  been out to Africa numerous times and unlike many artists cough Band Aid cough hasn't used it to enhance her music career ( though that could be for the obvious reason  )

knock the whole honours things but I'm not sure it's necessarily fair to knock the individual 

• Like 3

Got no problem with it personally, the "fashion" bit of it might be a stretch but her and David do tons of charity stuff, surprised he hasn't been knighted yet but it's not en vogue to give footballers that accolade, they do far more than most, I think the emphasis has gone more on what they do for their day job, I thought the whole point was how they use their fame to benefit others

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The Beckhams have a children's foundation charity don't they ? I'd imagine it's raised millions , no idea how much of that can be directly attributed to her but she's also  been out to Africa numerous times and unlike many artists cough Band Aid cough hasn't used it to enhance her music career ( though that could be for the obvious reason  )

knock the whole honours things but I'm not sure it's necessarily fair to knock the individual 

This thread isn't fair Tony. The honours system and all that it honours, individual or otherwise piss me off when it shouldn't.

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't quite get the "services to fashion" bit? She created a fashion label to sell some clothes and make herself some money... 

If by 'created' you mean 'allowed her name to be used in return for a chunk of the profits', then yes. I'm quite sure all the real work was done by others. 

Â