Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

D'Brickashaw Ferguson
Jadeveon Clowney
Barkevious Mingo

I have no idea what you mean

Those are the flashy, ostentatious ridiculous names, but for what it's worth, I prefer my ridiculous names to be a little more subtle:

Brad-Badger-card.jpg

• Like 1

These stupid maths problems that seem to be flooding Facebook, and the stupid people that get them wrong. 

Google BODMAS you crazy people. 

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

These stupid maths problems that seem to be flooding Facebook, and the stupid people that get them wrong. 

Google BODMAS you crazy people. 

I was always poor at maths, but I agree. They shouldn't have to Google BODMAS - isn't it taught in every school? 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was always poor at maths, but I agree. They shouldn't have to Google BODMAS - isn't it taught in every school? 

You would bloody hope so. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Brackets, 'Of', Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction. 

Order of operations. 

Ta. But still never heard of it. Sequence of what you do first in an equation, I guess. Do the (any) calcs within brackets, then any "to the power of" then any /, then X then + then -. edit - that's what you said. Reading not so good :)

• Like 1

Something common on these fb equations would be

5+1×10.

Without applying bodmas you could arrive at an answer of 60.

By applying it

5+ (1×10)

Or

5+10 = 15

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You remember those clearings in the woods who'd constantly come out with "when am I ever going to need this in real life"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ta. But still never heard of it. Sequence of what you do first in an equation, I guess. Do the (any) calcs within brackets, then any "to the power of" then any /, then X then + then -. edit - that's what you said. Reading not so good :)

Exactly so. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

You remember those clearings in the woods who'd constantly come out with "when am I ever going to need this in real life"?

To some extent I was/am one of them. But I would have been referring to stuff like trigonometry, quadratic equations, etc. 

Basic arithmetic is pretty fundamental though. 

Â