Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I like Pegg but then again I've never seen in anything other than his work. Never seen him interviewed so he hasn't done anything to piss me off!

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

We had one at Kings Heath cricket club a couple of years ago. 20 odd grown ass people - healthcare professionsls, nurses and consultants -standing in a massive circle singing some word song. Me and my like minded mate took a step back, assessed it all and then **** off to the pavilion and took the telling off the next day. Next time they arrange another I'll be sure to be not feeling very well that day.

The.Thick_.of_.It_.S04E031.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm like that with Clive Owen minus the ginger.

Me too, though it's not irrational, he's just a terrible actor. On interviews he comes across as quite a nice chap.

I used to love Pegg when he did Spaced and SotD but then he started making stuff I didn't really care for (Mission Impossible and boring boring Star Trek). Also, when he came out moaning about nerd culture last year or whenever it was and complained he'd been made the poster boy for it I just thought he was a bit of a dick about the whole thing.

I bloody love Damien Lewis though, can't fault him.

9 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Apparently this is news .....a woman drops a cup of Costa coffee on her lap in a car ....got 3rd degree burns ..........

Have you seen the photos? Have you read the temperature? Apparently it'd have needed to be over 130 degrees to cause that damage, well above the required temperature for a drink - Costa don't intend for them to be more than 90.

You accept a risk when you order a hot drink. Usually if you spill one, it's going to hurt, it'll probably swell and sting for a few days. You don't accept the risk that it'll melt your **** flesh.

People who give the McDonald's "hot coffee" lawsuit as an example of a frivelous lawsuit always piss me off for this reason. There's hot, there's there's unnecessarily and dangerously hot.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Meath_Villan said:

:detect:Boiling water boiling at more than 100 degrees .....

Here dum dum, that only refers to pure water :):P Contaminants (like coffee, sugar etc) can increase a boiling point. 

9 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

It was tea.... water and tea bag unless Costa are using magic teabags

So when you say "Costa coffee" you mean tea?

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

Apparently this is news .....a woman drops a cup of Costa coffee on her lap in a car ....got 3rd degree burns ..........

EDIT : Article for clarity :)

Woman sustains third-degree burns after she drops a cup of Costa Coffee tea in her lap during a date

image.jpg

Melissa Postello, aged 23, has told of her agony after she was left hospitalised from the hot drink which burned her skin last month.

The retail worker was on a second date when she visited a drive-through Costa Coffee.

image.jpg

Sitting in the passenger’s side, she tells how the cups of tea were almost too hot to handle. Melissa said:

“When we took a sharp corner, I lost my grip and the scalding hot tea splashed on me. I remember saying ‘pull over’ and feeling like my legs were on fire.”

Within ten minutes, she could see that the skin on her legs had lifted and began to blister.

She went home and sat in a cold bath for 20 minutes. When the searing pain had not subsided, she went to A&E.

image.jpg

Her deep, painful wounds were treated by medics who sent home the same day, but she may need skin grafts to repair the damage.

Melissa has hit out at Costa Coffee for having water so hot it could injure someone.

She said that when she complained, staff told her that the water is never hotter than 92C – but her doctor explained the water needed to be at least 130C to get third degree burns.

To add insult to injury, Melissa hasn’t spoken with her date since the horrific incident either.

A Costa spokesperson said: ‘We were concerned to hear about this incident.

“At Costa we take the health and wellbeing of our customers very seriously, and as such we are looking into this as a matter of priority.”

17 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

:D Looks like it ....sure wouldn't the coffee have been the same temp as you add sugar after..I'd say the whole thing could have been down to her wearing shorts and stupidity ....but no doubt a healthy compo claim will be put in 

Or due to the drink being 40 degrees hotter than it should have been. She spilt the drink, she bears some responsibility, but at the 90 degrees Costa expect their drinks to be served at, this is no big deal, rather than and incredibly serious injury.

Regarding wearing shorts, that probably helped. The NHS's advice when you're scalded is to remove any clothing coming in to contact with the area, the last thing you want is clothes soaked with scalding water to be held against your skin.

Edited by Davkaus

That this constitutes an article in the Brum Mail.  WTAF :bang: 

Aston Villa on Football Manager 2017: Steve Bruce's fate revealed

The season didn't end in the way the manager would have wanted

Football Manager 2017 is released tomorrow and we’ve simulated this season on the popular computer game - but it makes for pretty grim reading if you’re of an Aston Villa persuasion.

Steve Bruce’s arrival has sparked talk of a promotion push in recent weeks. Wins against Reading and Fulham were backed up with a solid display in the Second City derby at St Andrew’s over the weekend.

But the season didn’t end in the way Villa and, in particular, Bruce would have wanted.

The manager was sacked on 22 February 2017 with things not going too well!

A strong end to the season under new manager Eugenio Corini saw Villa finish the campaign in 11th position.

James Chester, who has started this season reasonably well, was Villa’s best player on the game with an average rating of 7.04.

While Jonathan Kodjia was the top goalscorer with 16 goals across all competitions.

Crystal Palace were the scourge of Villa’s cup hopes. They knocked them out of both the EFL Cup and FA Cup in the third round. Palace actually went on to win the latter.

The good news for Villa fans is that you beat rivals Birmingham City twice and finished seven places above them in the Championship table.

Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford were promoted to the Premier League.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Meath_Villan said:

Again I go back to science .....was she drinking steam ?

Google 'superheated water' if you want science!

93418431fb76dd8e111355551c62e0413e1ddfb1

Spoiler

374°C

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

You're joking, right? I'm not sure if an educated human being can actually be having this conversation.

When you boil your kettle, is it empty all of a sudden?

Just to be a pedant here though.  A kettle has a thermostat and doesn't necessarily switch off at 100°C.  Kettles can and do switch off before they get that high (they say the best tea is made with a lower temperature).

Â