Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

We go to our local garden centre each year , the kids go and pick a pumpkin take it home and carve it etc

this year we got to the garden centre , they are charging £1 per person to go into the pumpkin area to choose your pumpkin ... they can jog on well buy ours from Tesco instead 

Morrisons. 75p each, buy one get one free. 

11 minutes ago, chappy said:

"With Hive you control your home from your phone" 

Yeah, you can 'turn on your hot water'. Who would have such a sophisticated system, but no combi/condenser boiler? 

57 minutes ago, chappy said:

"With Hive you control your home from your phone" 

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, you can 'turn on your hot water'. Who would have such a sophisticated system, but no combi/condenser boiler? 

I might be in a tiny minority, but I love Hive.

My missus works weird and wonderful hours, I was away for three days last week at almost no notice, my nipper is away at Uni and pops back unannounced.

So being able to sit in a car at Gatwick, or getting home an hour early or whatever and turn the heating on or off rather than have rads heating an empty house is neat. Ditto, we're probably all out another night soon, we can turn the lights on around the house when it gets dark, or 5 minutes before the nipper gets home. We don't have to pre programme to a set routine, just dial everything up, down, on or off as we fancy.

Having had a break in last Christmas, I'm also considering the add on that tells me if there's movement in the garage down the end of my garden.

Personally, I think it's close to excellent.

But I also acknowledge the title of the thread!

• Like 1

Anyone over the age of fifteen riding a bike without using their hands.

I've seen a few lads in their late teens to early twenties riding through town like this. It's not like it's anything to show off about, it's easy enough to do, you just look like bell-ends.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Anyone over the age of fifteen riding a bike without using their hands.

I've seen a few lads in their late teens to early twenties riding through town like this. It's not like it's anything to show off about, it's easy enough to do, you just look like bell-ends.

Ha, very true. Whenever I see someone do this I just wish they'd lose control and fall off.

into the path of an incoming lorry. 

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I think they are referring to the crappy adverts, not the service.

ahhh, there was a conversation in the office recently about crappy adverts and I realised I hadn't seen any of them. Then I realised I hadn't watched any TV with adverts for (probably) several months.

A bit of late night BBC, some Netflix, dvd's. But I don't even bother with the likes of Family Guy or American Dad now they've gone over to channels that do 7 minutes of programming followed by 33 adverts.

Youtube is about the only place I still get to see an advert. Yet somehow, despite this lack of messaging my hair is still shiny, my phone still works and I can even skateboard when I'm on the blob.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

But Hive works with Combi boilers..?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but surely the point of combi boilers is that you turn on the tap, and hot water comes out? You don't need to 'switch on the hot water' like you did in the days of immersion heaters. So Hive is redundant for that function. For adjusting your central heating timetable however, I can see the point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This is what this year's Toblerone looks like. **** off you robbing words removed.

Q282jXqh.jpg

And the predictable company media bullshit right after

Toblerone fans, we have some information on the size of our UK chocolate bars. Please see the following statement:

Toblerone remains one of the best value and most delicious Swiss chocolate products in the market. This is because we always work hard to ensure we offer value for money for our consumers, but like many other companies, we are experiencing higher costs for numerous ingredients. We carry these costs for as long as possible, but to ensure Toblerone remains on-shelf, is affordable and retains the triangular shape, we have had to reduce the weight of just two of our bars in the UK, from the wider range of available Toblerone products.

Edited by Tegis

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but surely the point of combi boilers is that you turn on the tap, and hot water comes out? You don't need to 'switch on the hot water' like you did in the days of immersion heaters. So Hive is redundant for that function. For adjusting your central heating timetable however, I can see the point. 

Oh..Are they using hot water specifically as a selling point? In which case, that's a little silly. I have a combi boiler and a Nest. For the hot water, yeah it's a waste of time. It's well worth it for the heating though.

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh..Are they using hot water specifically as a selling point? In which case, that's a little silly. I have a combi boiler and a Nest. For the hot water, yeah it's a waste of time. It's well worth it for the heating though.

Yeah, it's in the stupid song. Something like: "You can switch on your hot water, while you're embarrassing your daughter". 

On 29/10/2016 at 20:25, V01 said:

clocks go back so I work an extra hour tonight, no big deal I'll get an extra hour of Football Manager.

Except I've just had 5 caravans pull onto site, gone out and politely asked them to leave, not so politely told no and that I need to move my car away from their caravans.

Done the usual phone the Police and my control room, Police have me down as an early response - 20 minutes and counting. Control Room are sending another guard to cover themselves in case anything happens.

All I wanted to do was play FM.

Pikey words removed!!!

More fun tonight. 

Cctv cameras covered in plastic bags, and here we go. 

A camera loses connection to the system, and half an hour later it goes black then the emergency lights come on. These run off a battery so I'll be spending half the night on my own in the dark. 

Called my support manager "oh no they're going to start stealing" call the police

Bitch I'm on my own **** what they might steal. 

Police have called me, all they can do is take car registrations and log any damage. 

Only another 9 hours to survive. 

No power = no reading, TV or football manager, and won't even be able to do internal patrols once the emergency lights die.

**** dirty greasy pikey gypo scummy words removed. 

The night might not be a total loss, noticed the CCTV computer has power. A quick nose around and I find an extension cable that has power and two spare plugs.

Laptop back on and The internet is working too, whoever wired this place deserves a medal.

My plans to read have been nixed but at least I can watch some TV shows and play some FM. 

On the downside I can't use the kettle so I'm cut off from having any coffee. Oh and the front door is on a sensor so I can't leave the building except by a fire exit which would allow the pikey scum entry or by one of two doors that have a keypad lock but are both right next to the caravans.

Edited by V01
words

Â