Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We go to our local garden centre each year , the kids go and pick a pumpkin take it home and carve it etc

this year we got to the garden centre , they are charging £1 per person to go into the pumpkin area to choose your pumpkin ... they can jog on well buy ours from Tesco instead 

Rentier seems to be the latest business model trend.

Microsoft and Adobe want to charge an annual rent for their software, Amazon have their Prime and there is a coffee shop chain just opened, where the coffee is free but you pay 6p a minute to sit in the shop.

Paying to enter a shop seems like the logical next step.

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We go to our local garden centre each year , the kids go and pick a pumpkin take it home and carve it etc

this year we got to the garden centre , they are charging £1 per person to go into the pumpkin area to choose your pumpkin ... they can jog on well buy ours from Tesco instead 

..and already the Brexit consequences are biting down hard. No Latvians to pick our veg for us in the cold and damp of October and the british kids are too soft and can't get wifi out there.

Broken Brexit.

9 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Microsoft and Adobe want to charge an annual rent for their software, Amazon have their Prime and there is a coffee shop chain just opened, where the coffee is free but you pay 6p a minute to sit in the shop.

Opex in the IT industry. Operating expenditure rather than Capital. Works well for everyone and lots of things are going that way. Most new cars are purchased PCP too.

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

When people pronounce tooth as "tuth".

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think this is normal isnt it? Maybe its Shropshire but its always tuth to me. 

This 'u', are you pronouncing it u as in urban or u as in uber alles?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

..and already the Brexit consequences are biting down hard. No Latvians to pick our veg for us in the cold and damp of October and the british kids are too soft and can't get wifi out there.

Broken Brexit.

Least they didn't blame the £1 entrance on the fall in sterling :) 

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Least they didn't blame the £1 entrance on the fall in sterling :) 

To be fair it's probably a good idea to stock up now, before anyone realises they come from Mexico and you have to lob the kids over a wall to get hold of one.

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Why the **** are you ruining a good burger by putting the devils rectum juice on it?

When I rise to power there will be three things banned straight away. Ketchup, milk in coffee and mild cheddar.

Just for the fries! The burger was already adorned with relish, onions, bacon and cheese! :)

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Paying to go in somewhere or have something is fine if the content is then free. 

The coffee shop thing works fine as the coffee and cake is gratis... so an hour in there costs £3.60, and you can have a couple of coffees and a big slice of cake. In your face Starbucks! 

Would the same model work with pubs... 

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Hot drink vending machines, £1 for a cup of scorching hot liquid that's not at a temperature you can drink for 20 minutes.

If you'd seen the state of the insides, you'd be relieved it was served boiling.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I just checked my work mail. On a Saturday night. I think I need a drink.

I leave my work phone in my bag when I leave the office, usually turning it off first. 

Forgot yesterday. My bag was in the corner, still going off every few minutes, at midnight. I didn't want to turn it off because I knew the moment it was in my hand and saw 20 emails, I'd be looking at them and thinking about it all weekend.

So instead I'm constantly having just what horror awaits on Monday morning playing on my mind instead.

The work mobile is an evil of the modern age. It's not for nothing the BlackBerry quickly earned the name 'Crackberry'.

clocks go back so I work an extra hour tonight, no big deal I'll get an extra hour of Football Manager.

Except I've just had 5 caravans pull onto site, gone out and politely asked them to leave, not so politely told no and that I need to move my car away from their caravans.

Done the usual phone the Police and my control room, Police have me down as an early response - 20 minutes and counting. Control Room are sending another guard to cover themselves in case anything happens.

All I wanted to do was play FM.

Pikey words removed!!!

That will be left to whichever building company gets the contract to turn this old office building into a school, It's the school's fault they are even on site, They had to hang massive signs saying Sikh School opening here 2017, If they hadn't bothered they would have driven straight past the massive tarmac sign and left us alone.

Just getting up to an hour after being top I'd be getting an early response from the Police, granted I called the non emergency number but the station is literally 2 minutes away, if there's traffic.

Â