Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 10/26/2016 at 22:44, Midfielder said:

the last place I lived was a private car park residents only and I'd come home daily to find people parked in my space. I'd leave notes, wait for them to have the conversation , never got me anywhere. But yeah I'll throw that one out there, primary school parking. 

This makes me angry just reading it. I live in a development with allocated parking and a few times there have been car/cars in my spaces (I get two). I find parking across the front of them works as they have to sheepishly ask you to move. 

Luckily it doesn't happen often, due to be being gated so randoms can't have access. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bought a belt yesterday, not sure why, I think probably cos of Christmas but at the age of 32 it was the first belt I'd ever bought

1) the stand it was on said 20% off, when I got to the till it was of course labelled up wrong

2) I didn't know belts came in different sizes

basically I bought a £45 belt that doesn't fit...and of course I ripped all the tags off first 

A £45 belt? Is it encrusted with blood diamonds?! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Bought a belt yesterday, not sure why, I think probably cos of Christmas but at the age of 32 it was the first belt I'd ever bought

1) the stand it was on said 20% off, when I got to the till it was of course labelled up wrong

2) I didn't know belts came in different sizes

basically I bought a £45 belt that doesn't fit...and of course I ripped all the tags off first 

:lol: I love this because it's perfectly believable.  I mean why DON'T belts come in the same size ... until of course you think about it properly.  But I get that it's a mistake someone would make first time.  Well done :thumb:  And yes, belts, much like ties, can be prohibitively expensive for what they are.

• Like 1

How the flying **** do London midland stay in business????

Their twitter is always them apologising for canceling trains. I've never seen anything like it. One train an hour home and its cancelled. I'm knackered, have a load of stuff and I have to stand on a platform for over an hour then get jammed into a train clearly too small.

its criminal that they're so negligent with an essential public service.

Glass ketchup bottles in pubs. Why?!

I'll name and shame the pub... its The Crown in Four Oaks. Great food, good selection of ales but tomato sauce in glass bottles. Went there for a spot of lunch recently. Had a 'gourmet' burger, naturally served on a wooden board with my lattice fries served in a pot pourri dish, but i'll gloss over that. The condiments were all in order apart from the red sauce. As with any burger and fries, I fancied a bit of ketchup. Turned the bottle upside down. No movement. Then did the slapping of the base of the bottle with my palm. Again no joy. Maybe I need to do it harder so I slapped away like I was playing a bongo drum until my hand was a worn down to a stump. Not any movement. Exasperated, I settled for mayo instead, as I'm cultured like that.

What sort of barbaric society allows this to happen? Broken Britain. I bet the bastards save a fortune over what they would spend if they had squeezy bottles. The fiscally prudent nazis. 

I've often wondered that.  I wasn't sure whether it's because they can reuse the bottles and just decant a bit of ketchup in each bottle at the start of the day from a big tub or ketchup machine or something.  Plus it tastes better from a glass bottle.

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The audience on the Jeremy Kyle show , why on earth would anyone consider the tribulations of the uneducated , entertainment . For me , it's voyeurism at it's most ugliest .

Why are you watching the Jeremy Kyle show? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Glass ketchup bottles in pubs. Why?!

I'll name and shame the pub... its The Crown in Four Oaks. Great food, good selection of ales but tomato sauce in glass bottles. Went there for a spot of lunch recently. Had a 'gourmet' burger, naturally served on a wooden board with my lattice fries served in a pot pourri dish, but i'll gloss over that. The condiments were all in order apart from the red sauce. As with any burger and fries, I fancied a bit of ketchup. Turned the bottle upside down. No movement. Then did the slapping of the base of the bottle with my palm. Again no joy. Maybe I need to do it harder so I slapped away like I was playing a bongo drum until my hand was a worn down to a stump. Not any movement. Exasperated, I settled for mayo instead, as I'm cultured like that.

What sort of barbaric society allows this to happen? Broken Britain. I bet the bastards save a fortune over what they would spend if they had squeezy bottles. The fiscally prudent nazis. 

I think most sophisticated diners prefer their ketchup to come in tomato-shaped plastic globes with a good encrustation of old ketchup adorning the green nozzle.

You'll have to consult those who claim to be scientists on VT but I believe ketchup is known to be thixotropic, which means its viscosity decreases when agitated or otherwise distressed.

I stand to be corrected but this would suggest that a bottle of ketchup should be shaken rather than banged on the base, for ease of application to one's comestible of choice..

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Xela said:

This makes me angry just reading it. I live in a development with allocated parking and a few times there have been car/cars in my spaces (I get two). I find parking across the front of them works as they have to sheepishly ask you to move. 

Luckily it doesn't happen often, due to be being gated so randoms can't have access. 

Yup, and I'm not talking one on the road, it was off-road, with the flat number painted on the floor and against the wall. So you know in larking there, like all the signs say, you're parking in someone's residents space. And not people who sit in the car, people who park up and disappear for half hour to get their kids and chat shit by the school then, swan into private land and get their kids. 

I did 6 months in that flat and just want say a big F you to most of the parents of kids at St Peters RC Primary School for the C word behaviour and for you all single handedly being responsible for ambulance diversions in the morning and afternoon. 

Edit, so you'll know my pain too, I tried so many different things. to be honest, I never really had much success with it, once you got through to one, any one of a hundred would park there the next day. good luck with your place and the policing of your space!

Edited by Midfielder

46 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

With ketchup, if you shake the bottle,

None'll come, and then a lot'll 

Ah, but sir, you think that's a lot? 

Anyone on here who likes their reggae reggae sauce will know it's triple with that! Tip the bottle sideways, gently, gently, oh f--- third of the bottle comes out. Out comes the bread to mop it up

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The audience on The Jeremy Kyle Show. Why on earth would anyone consider the tribulations of the uneducated to be entertainment? For me, it's voyeurism at its ugliest. 

Fixed for grammar, syntax and punctuation.   ;) 

Some of the financial decisions I have taken... or rather not taken. I've always been very 'low risk' so never lost money but could have done so much better if i'd been bold and followed some of my gut feelings at the time :(

Why the **** are you ruining a good burger by putting the devils rectum juice on it?

When I rise to power there will be three things banned straight away. Ketchup, milk in coffee and mild cheddar.

59 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Why the **** are you ruining a good burger by putting the devils rectum juice on it?

When I rise to power there will be three things banned straight away. Ketchup, milk in coffee and mild cheddar.

oi back of the queue you , I've already got first dibs on ruler of the universe

promise not to lead a peasant uprising against me and I'll put your ban on ketchup and mild cheddar in place .... no deal on milk in coffee though

• Like 2

We go to our local garden centre each year , the kids go and pick a pumpkin take it home and carve it etc

this year we got to the garden centre , they are charging £1 per person to go into the pumpkin area to choose your pumpkin ... they can jog on well buy ours from Tesco instead 

Â