Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, V01 said:

The night might not be a total loss, noticed the CCTV computer has power. A quick nose around and I find an extension cable that has power and two spare plugs.

Laptop back on and The internet is working too, whoever wired this place deserves a medal.

My plans to read have been nixed but at least I can watch some TV shows and play some FM. 

On the downside I can't use the kettle so I'm cut off from having any coffee. Oh and the front door is on a sensor so I can't leave the building except by a fire exit which would allow the pikey scum entry or by one of two doors that have a keypad lock but are both right next to the caravans.

This starting to sound like a zombie apocalypse movie. 

• Like 2

It was grim, emergency lighting died around midnight so I ended up sitting in the dark.

The power is down on the whole site. That means no concrete, asphalt or aggregates for the road crews, no one can even get into the lab/technical office and we weren't sure if we'd be able to get back into the main building once we came out this morning. There is a door with an orthodox lock but it seems some superglue has found it's way into lock over the weekend.

It's not my problem until Thursday night now, I guess that's the equivalent of popping down the Winchester for a pint while it all blows over.

Sitting in the car on a closed off road. Apperantly the pope is on his way to the airport and the entire Malmo region had to be shut down.

word removed clearing in the woods

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Sitting in the car on a closed off road. Apperantly the pope is on his way to the airport and the entire Malmo region had to be shut down.

word removed clearing in the woods

Not arresting the pope when he's the the head of a criminal organisation. That pisses me off.

• Like 3

So a Tory (Heseltine) puts his face by a German Shepherd dog,  the dog can smell it on him and bites him.  He kills the dog.

Fine,  well done.  You can do 1.  Lets see how he does with 3 or 4 dogs,  (Brothers would be good).

The great British face off the word removed

• Like 1

I would find it quite difficult not to say something to her.  Why did no-one else stand up and tell her to lay off if she was being such a b*tch?  She may have been pretending to be alpha, but it sounds like you were all quite comfortable being betas :P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would find it quite difficult not to say something to her.  Why did no-one else stand up and tell her to lay off if she was being such a b*tch?  She may have been pretending to be alpha, but it sounds like you were all quite comfortable being betas :P

We all did shortly after working out how it was playing out, I mean we had all paid for this exercise and none of us live there anyway... didnt want it wrecked by her. Overall, i would say yes, it was actually wrecked by her, having sort of mini emotional breakdowns in this damned room. She didnt even notice us progressing, but was quick to take the key to "get it ready in the padlock". 

As for us betas , i'd probably concede we were initially as she did come across as spookily unstable as soon as we went in the room. Someone so used to working to a clock too, she spent half the time looking at the damn screen with the timer. 

Good experience / day out though. although accidental spoiler in the message above. 

There is a life lesson learned here, if somethings booked for a group and someone drops out, ---- the stranger!!!! in that sorta metaphorical local place for local people way...

leagueedwardtubbsthewickerman.jpg

or they will wreck it for you!!! you will see!

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Team bonding...urgh.

Just get everyone together and **** off down the boozer :D

Exactly that. I once led a mutiny at such a session. Four of us went down the pub and stayed there. 

• Like 1

The last 'team bonding' session I had was run by convicted sex pest Stuart Hall on a playing field in Witton

I won't mention the quiz night compered by Jonathan King prior. 

We don't do team bonding anymore

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The last 'team bonding' session I had was run by convicted sex pest Stuart Hall on a playing field in Witton

I won't mention the quiz night compered by Jonathan King prior. 

We don't do team bonding anymore

The thing I was discussing up a few posts about day out was more a rare informal thing for "us" non-Oxford / Cambridge alumni shall we say, rather than team bonding, just a laugh, which, turned out to be laughless due to the crazy b' that came. We luckily have zero team bonding exercises which is also good as I am completely and utterly incompatible with most of the Oxbridge people I work with.

As for Mr Xela above, you had a lucky escape there fella, Messrs Hall and King. Two lucky escapes even. In fact, this reminds me. The closest I got was a letter from Rolf Harris. I always knew there was something up with that ----. True story this. As a kid, I was the class dreamer, spent half the lessons drawing on the desks, exercise books, textbooks (yeah those were MY masterpieces in the biology textbooks, THAT page you'd instantly look for, you know which one) and so back in the day, I thought I would unleash my artistic output upon Rolf's Cartoon Club, the accompanying thing to the program. I think it cost £12 a year at the time and you had more chance of getting your drawings shown. 

Week after week, month after month, I would tune in, nope. Nothing. Oh that picture of a tree done in crayon by Jimmy age 7, that got on. Oh, that drawing of a sunflower by Jenny aged 12, that got shown. None of my stuff. Innocent stuff by me, all pretty good i might add, well for a young kid. Nada, still. So with a few months of membership remaining and my mum still happily posting my sealed envelopes, I stepped it up. My art, evolved onto Rolferoos. 

We're talking Rolferoos in states of torture, or deathly encounters such as a missile strike on his head or of a Rolferoo being fed through a mincing machine, you get the picture. I still tuned in, just in case but not after a letter came addressed to my house, not to me, asking me to refrain from sending anything in in future, signed by Rolf himself who delivered his "sh-- sandwich" with something to the tune of 'whilst I find them entertaining', blah blah distasteful, 'good luck with your drawing' or whatever. Art, was over for me at that point but the irony is, the last one I ever sent (and got returned to my parents) featured a Rolferoo being led away to a Police car and a number of children at the side rejoicing but with band-aids on their arses.

A bit random then, but a nostalgic "thing that pissed me off" is the £12 wasted on that crap that could have gone toward more worthy causes such as Predator Boots or Streetfighter 2. I called it though, back in the early 90s. But like Xela above, I'm classing that as a close-call.

• Like 3

Â