Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

my other half has just been on the phone to her mate and obviously i heard what was being said. anyway they were nattering then my missus comes out with 'well all men cheat' then a minute or two later it was ' yeah men like under age girls' i just sat there looking at her shaking my head. what does she think we are, filfhy animals. then her mate ended the phone call by saying im going now because i need to have a bath then masturbate before i go to bed :D

That was Ross kemp if anyone is wondering.

I'd trust Ross Kemp to do it, Trevor McDonald telling me it's a big dangerous place, just didn't work, also disappointed that despite looking at prostitution and saying several times how illegal it was he didn't show or talk about the big line of Mexicans handing out the hooker cards (he could of spent 20 minutes covering just how the **** they manage that clicking noise...)

• Like 2

WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING HUGE?

READY TO LEAD A LIFE OF ROCK 'N ROLL?

DO YOU HAVE THE HIGH-POWERED ENERGY TO PUT ON A GREAT SHOW EVERYDAY?

IF SO, AEROSMITH DRUMMER JOEY KRAMER WANTS YOU! AT JOEY KRAMER'S ROCKIN' AND ROASTIN' CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT, WE WANT TO PROVIDE GUESTS WITH AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE THAT WILL HAVE THEM CHANTING FOR AN ENCORE. YOU CAN BE PART OF THE EXCITEMENT!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR TRUE ROCK STARS WITH AN UPBEAT, ENERGETIC PRESENCE TO BE PART OF THE SOON-TO-BE WORLD FAMOUS ROCKIN' AND ROASTIN' ROADIE TEAM. BEING A ROCKIN' AND ROASTIN' ROADIE MEANS LOVIN' HARD WORK, FAST TIMES, AND PROVIDING OUTRAGEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

FRONT AND BACK OF HOUSE OPPORTUNITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT THIS VIBRANT NEW CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT ACROSS FROM SUNDAY RIVER SKI RESORT IN THE BETHEL, MAINE AREA. 

WITH A BUSY SKI SEASON COMING UP, WE HAVE SEASONAL AND YEAR ROUND POSITIONS AVAILBLE. THAT INCLUDES BOTH FULL AND PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES!

WE ARE SEEKING ENTHUSIASTIC, EXPERIENCED TEAM PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT AFRAID TO SMILE. HIGH VOLUME AND/OR BARISTA EXPERIENCE IS ENCOURAGED. 

REPLY WITH YOUR RESUME OR VISIT ROCKINANDROASTINRESTAURANT.COM TO APPLY.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ITV trying to do a programme on how Vegas is a crime ridden dangerous place, don't get me wrong I'm under no illusion that it's going on but I can almost guarantee you won't see it

It's tourist town, very friendly relaxed place

I walked in some pretty sketchy neighbourhoods there in the past, off strip, downtown, near that bail bonds place and not once did I feel threatened. Don't get me wrong it was never in the ghetto, but it always felt relatively safe. Admittedly never hopefully looked like a wide eyed tourist. 

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING HUGE?

READY TO LEAD A LIFE OF ROCK 'N ROLL?

DO YOU HAVE THE HIGH-POWERED ENERGY TO PUT ON A GREAT SHOW EVERYDAY?

IF SO, AEROSMITH DRUMMER JOEY KRAMER WANTS YOU! AT JOEY KRAMER'S ROCKIN' AND ROASTIN' CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT, WE WANT TO PROVIDE GUESTS WITH AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE THAT WILL HAVE THEM CHANTING FOR AN ENCORE. YOU CAN BE PART OF THE EXCITEMENT!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR TRUE ROCK STARS WITH AN UPBEAT, ENERGETIC PRESENCE TO BE PART OF THE SOON-TO-BE WORLD FAMOUS ROCKIN' AND ROASTIN' ROADIE TEAM. BEING A ROCKIN' AND ROASTIN' ROADIE MEANS LOVIN' HARD WORK, FAST TIMES, AND PROVIDING OUTRAGEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. 

FRONT AND BACK OF HOUSE OPPORTUNITIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT THIS VIBRANT NEW CAFÉ AND RESTAURANT ACROSS FROM SUNDAY RIVER SKI RESORT IN THE BETHEL, MAINE AREA. 

WITH A BUSY SKI SEASON COMING UP, WE HAVE SEASONAL AND YEAR ROUND POSITIONS AVAILBLE. THAT INCLUDES BOTH FULL AND PART TIME OPPORTUNITIES!

WE ARE SEEKING ENTHUSIASTIC, EXPERIENCED TEAM PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT AFRAID TO SMILE. HIGH VOLUME AND/OR BARISTA EXPERIENCE IS ENCOURAGED. 

REPLY WITH YOUR RESUME OR VISIT ROCKINANDROASTINRESTAURANT.COM TO APPLY.

This is why Isis hate us.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Had that last year :(

How do you quote a whole chain of conversation Troon? What am I doing wrong? 

On a computer, go to the first post you want to quote. Click on "quote" . Go to the next post you want to quote. Click on quote. when you're done with the quoting (edit the quotes if necessary to trim them down), type your response. Seems to work for me, anyway.

ITV trying to do a programme on how Vegas is a crime ridden dangerous place, don't get me wrong I'm under no illusion that it's going on but I can almost guarantee you won't see it

It's tourist town, very friendly relaxed place

Very good programme on Radio 4 a few days ago (should still be on the iPlayer) about a woman in the US military who was a drone strike operator, killing people in Iraq/Afghanistan from the comfort of an office. Based in Las Vegas.

I've met a guy who was about to start being a drone "pilot". Dropping Bombs from the comfort of an office, using an XBox controller (literally).

He wasn't happy about it one bit. In fact he was dreading it.

Got out of work half an hour early, lost all of that time because it took me 35 minutes to get out of town.  Some dolt has smashed their car up on the expressway and taken out a couple of lanes, I decided to cut through Aston but it seems half of Birmingham had the same idea and it's gridlock down there too.   Now while I hope that whoever cause the car crash isn't seriously injured I wouldn't mind if they were so sore for a couple of weeks to the point where they still can't sit down comfortably on Christmas Day.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I've met a guy who was about to start being a drone "pilot". Dropping Bombs from the comfort of an office, using an XBox controller (literally).

He wasn't happy about it one bit. In fact he was dreading it.

I take it from the way you worded your post that he had no choice in taking the role or not.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I take it from the way you worded your post that he had no choice in taking the role or not.

Yep.

You don't get much in the way of choice in the RAF it would appear.

One of my best mates is in it (hence why I met the guy I mentioned earlier) and you basically get told what you're doing, including being sacked, and that's it. It's ruthless.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

No such thing as a conscientious objector I suppose. "I didn't sign up for this shit" is your only recourse.

You can't legally leave the RAF for 3 years after you finish training, and even then it requires 18 months notice and you still have to serve in the reserves (at least that's what they tell me).

I think they said you can ask for special permission but it's not very likely to be granted

On 12/3/2015, 2:06:17, Stevo985 said:

People moving deadlines.

Deadline for the work I'm doing now (probably the most important thing I do in a fiscal year) is Christmas (or the last day before we break up for xmas).

Last year it caused me the most stress I've ever experienced as it took longer than I thought and I was doing 13 hour days to finish it at the last minute.

So this year I was a good boy, planned way in advance, set up timing plans to get it all finished a few weeks early, with some weeks left before christmas for slippage and checking.

Once word of this got out, everybody then assumed they were getting data early and are now on my back because I haven't got the information when i said I would (4 weeks ahead of the deadline!)

I'm more or less done now, but it's caused me shit loads of stress again, all because people have been needlessly harassing me for the data and I've ended up having to rush again. If everybody stuck to the original deadline then I'd be sitting pretty with 3 weeks in the bag to chill out!

Got it all done.

Checked and double checked with the guy who consolidates all the data that I was loading it to the system for the right year (more complicated than it sounds).

He told me the wrong year. So it's all in the wrong place.

But that's my fault, apparently.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

You don't get much in the way of choice in the RAF it would appear.

One of my best mates is in it (hence why I met the guy I mentioned earlier) and you basically get told what you're doing, including being sacked, and that's it. It's ruthless.

Surely if you join the military you might be expected to kill people at some point?  I know they advertise it as travel and adventure and camaraderie but still, you'd have to expect that there is a bit about killing people somewhere in the small print, right?   Does he object to that he's got to kill someone, or the fact that he's got to do it with a drone from an office somewhere near Salisbury rather than from the cockpit of an F35?

Well it's a lot more noble killing people if they have a chance to shoot you back.

I'm not sure that applies to the air force, when the enemy would be shooting back at something thousands of feet in the air and moving at hundreds of miles an hour, though.

My own attention span.

Seriously, it gets me into so much trouble.  Not remembering things because I think I already know the question before I've let the person ask me it.

I assume EVERYTHING.

I can rarely validate or verify anything, because when I've done something, that information may as well be thrown out of the window, my brain lets it go.

Seems like I can only actually remember anything, when I'm in a high pressure situation.

That, coupled with my severely optimistic outlook on stuff, putting good intentions into everyone/thing, so I believe whatever I'm given is good to go. 

Wish I was a more logical thinker, rather than the little guy in my brain running around a huge warehouse full of filing cabinets manically clawing at the slightest, vaguely familiar token of information he can.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well it's a lot more noble killing people if they have a chance to shoot you back.

I'm not sure that applies to the air force, when the enemy would be shooting back at something thousands of feet in the air and moving at hundreds of miles an hour, though.

All's fair in love and war and I'm not sure at any point in history you can describe warfare as being noble. 

• Like 1

Â