Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Let's see what actually happens first.  If we get too angry before the event, and Apple end up not doing it, they end up with the higher ground and we can't have that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

If you actually enjoy music then Apple headphones are worse than gonorrhea of the ear.

I think their newest version of the bog standard headphones you get with an iphone are actually pretty good.

Relatively speaking of course. For headphones that you get free with a phone, they're decent.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think their newest version of the bog standard headphones you get with an iphone are actually pretty good.

Relatively speaking of course. For headphones that you get free with a phone, they're decent.

Haven't tried the new ones tbf.

Agree with the second part. They are actually reasonably good to have as a pair lying around but I wouldn't choose to use them if I had the choice.

gonorrhea of the ear was maybe a slight exaggeration.

Edited by sexbelowsound

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

with headphones, if they aren't the new sennheiser orpheus I ain't interested

I keep a set in the house and a set in the office and a set in my bag.

Sennheiser and audio technica are the only brands i'll use. Excellent quality.

A guy at work coming in wearing a big red, thick, Christmas jumper complete with a big Rudolf.  I can forgive him if it is a seasonal number, but no, it's a big red, thick, Christmas jumper that has a big Ruldolf the Reindeer on the front.  Do it in 2 weeks!  Humbug.  

A guy at work coming in wearing a big red, thick, Christmas jumper complete with a big Rudolf.  I can forgive him if it is a seasonal number, but no, it's a big red, thick, Christmas jumper that has a big Ruldolf the Reindeer on the front.  Do it in 2 weeks!  Humbug.  

I kind of begrudgingly accept it all once December has officially began.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

He he.  Had to mooney.  £35,000 a go.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Lyre

So Apple are removing the 3.5mm socket from their next phones, forcing you to either buy new headphones or spend what will most likely be £30-50 on an adapter to use your old headphones? Apple are so anti-consumer, and this pisses me off. Even though it shouldn't because I've never bought their stuff and never will! The fact people completely lap it up is so annoying. I despise them as a business.

Apple PieFace time.

• Like 1

Having stuff delivered to my neighbours. I don't know why really, but I feel really awkward about it. I'd so much rather they left stuff in a 'safe place' (to a better standard than Yodel, admittedly). I hate the awkward conversation getting the parcel, the feeling I've put them out by having to sign for something even though I'd hoped to be around when something came.

Also means I've got to wrap anther ton of chocolates for Christmas to say thanks.. :(

Also, anyone who gets on a bus without their pass or change ready. My journey home everyday is bollocks with traffic, I don't need some clearing in the woods getting on a stop nobody ever uses and then spending 2 minutes patting himself down searching for his pass in every pocket and orifice he has. You're at a bus stop. You're waiting for a bus. Presumably you know you have a pass. Have the **** thing ready. You're wasting everyone's day. word removed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Having stuff delivered to my neighbours. I don't know why really, but I feel really awkward about it. I'd so much rather they left stuff in a 'safe place' (to a better standard than Yodel, admittedly). I hate the awkward conversation getting the parcel, the feeling I've put them out by having to sign for something even though I'd hoped to be around when something came.

Also means I've got to wrap anther ton of chocolates for Christmas to say thanks.. :(

Also, anyone who gets on a bus without their pass or change ready. My journey home everyday is bollocks with traffic, I don't need some clearing in the woods getting on a stop nobody ever uses and then spending 2 minutes patting himself down searching for his pass in every pocket and orifice he has. You're at a bus stop. You're waiting for a bus. Presumably you know you have a pass. Have the **** thing ready. You're wasting everyone's day. word removed.

Should have thought of that before ordering from doubleheadedvibrators.com

• Like 1

People moving deadlines.

Deadline for the work I'm doing now (probably the most important thing I do in a fiscal year) is Christmas (or the last day before we break up for xmas).

Last year it caused me the most stress I've ever experienced as it took longer than I thought and I was doing 13 hour days to finish it at the last minute.

So this year I was a good boy, planned way in advance, set up timing plans to get it all finished a few weeks early, with some weeks left before christmas for slippage and checking.

Once word of this got out, everybody then assumed they were getting data early and are now on my back because I haven't got the information when i said I would (4 weeks ahead of the deadline!)

I'm more or less done now, but it's caused me shit loads of stress again, all because people have been needlessly harassing me for the data and I've ended up having to rush again. If everybody stuck to the original deadline then I'd be sitting pretty with 3 weeks in the bag to chill out!

Â