Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same on FB as well. I'm not on it, but when i'm round my folks they show me the page for their local area. Full of people posting inane questions. "What times does the post office open?", "Where can I buy fish?", "Do Tesco sell plums?", "How do I breathe?

I think people just want attention. 

Out their mouth by the sound of it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Same on FB as well. I'm not on it, but when i'm round my folks they show me the page for their local area. Full of people posting inane questions. "What times does the post office open?", "Where can I buy fish?", "Do Tesco sell plums?", "How do I breathe?" 

I think people just want attention. 

Tell them to respond with this. 

stupid-stupid-people.gif

Adverts on radio telling me to leave a two car gap between myself and the car in front on the motorway. 

I assume whoever puts these ads out has never driven on a UK motorway, because as soon as I leave a two car gap some word removed jumps into it. 

Every time. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Adverts on radio telling me to leave a two car gap between myself and the car in front on the motorway. 

I assume whoever puts these ads out has never driven on a UK motorway, because as soon as I leave a two car gap some word removed jumps into it. 

Every time. 

its 2 Seconds,  not cars 👍 (Something like,  only a fool breaks the 2 second rule)

2 cars length at 10 MPH,  Great.

2 cars length at 90 Mph ,  not great.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 3

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

its 2 Seconds,  not cars 👍

2 cars length at 10 MPH,  Great.

2 cars length at 90 Mph ,  not great.

Pretty sure they said two cars. 

Either way the roads are full of peabrains. 

• Haha 1

On 10/02/2023 at 12:10, StefanAVFC said:

Talking about the ridiculousness of the tax office...

I got smacked with a huge tax bill in April last year - around 1200 quid due to changing jobs at the end of the year and my new job not taking into account my prior earnings.

We'd just moved into our house, so whilst I could have afforded if I wanted to, we had so many outgoings it wasn't realistic at all.

So I went to the tax office, put in an appeal to pay the amount off every month for 6 months. With evidence of outgoings, salaries etc etc.

They said they'd give me an answer within a month, so in the meantime I paid the first installment.

Time goes by, I keep paying, they keep sending me letters saying they're reviewing my case. We get to October, I've paid it off, they still have no decision whether they accept installments.

It goes quiet for a bit. Last week I get an 8 page letter, listing in the strongest possible terms why they don't accept my ridiculous suggestion that I pay in installments, I have enough money to pay for it and I should get over myself and pay it right now.

They spent nearly a year to tell me no, with a final decision 4 months after it's paid off doing exactly what they told me I can't do.

Such a waste of oxygen.

This saga rolls on.

Did my taxes for 2022, this time I've overpaid and they owe me 800 quid.

They spent all that time and effort chasing me for money already paid... only to owe it mostly back to me this year.

Idiots.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

This saga rolls on.

Did my taxes for 2022, this time I've overpaid and they owe me 800 quid.

They spent all that time and effort chasing me for money already paid... only to owe it mostly back to me this year.

Idiots.

Eastern European bureaucracy is an art form.

My tax thing got sorted by a simple phone call in the end so I didn't have to pay the £518 or whatever it was.  They hadn't realised/been told that I had the same job just full-time rather than agency and were charging me for having the same job twice.

• Like 2

I really hate pop-psychology self-help culture generally.

But the aspect of it that pisses me off the most is the stuff that is just advice to be really self centred, dressed up as philosophy or spirituality. No you're just being incredibly selfish! Refusing to accommodate other people isn't being determined or focused, it's just being a prick.

• Like 3

On 23/02/2023 at 09:00, tonyh29 said:

no need to google  , surely after all these years you've worked out that anyone / anything good in real life = bad on VT

see Thatcher , Beatles , Brexit  etc for further proof  :P 

You think Mother Theresa was good and that the nasty things she did was because of Villa Talk?

Wife treated us to a spa day at the Belfry, just got back.

Here’s a heads up fellas…don’t go on a Friday. It’s rammed with women who do NOT stop yacking. Even in the relaxation room where you go before and after treatments. Supposed to be relaxing, not yacking and using a mobile phone.

Otherwise nice day out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I've been without a car since Christmas as I don't really need to use it since I've been working from home since the end of September. So I've been taking cabs everywhere these days if I have to go and see my family or my missus'. Anyway, what has been really grinding my gears is that in London, Uber/Bolt/FreeNow/Ola/Addison Lee are all taking the piss especially when it's at night. We went out for dinner/drinks recently and we left the bar at around 23:30 I couldn't order a cab because they had no reception and their WiFi was down, so once we were by the main doors of the venue I tried again and it worked. It took us nearly a whole hour to get one ride due to drivers canceling etc. Now if I was with my lads or by myself I wouldn't have an issue with it, but given how dangerous London has got for women at night it really pissed me off. I just imagined if my lady was by herself or with her girls how dangerous it would've been, especially because the venue was in an area with low lights. 

One of the drivers literally got on to the road and decided to cancel, because it was 'too far' lol.

51 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Wife treated us to a spa day at the Belfry, just got back.

Here’s a heads up fellas…don’t go on a Friday. It’s rammed with women who do NOT stop yacking. Even in the relaxation room where you go before and after treatments. Supposed to be relaxing, not yacking and using a mobile phone.

Otherwise nice day out.

And you couldn't even DHUTWU to teach them a lesson.

I feel your frustration, brother 😧

• Haha 1

Â