Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reactive comments are fine, we all have them. However people post the same comments over and over again, every single day, so much so, I do worry for their mental well being. It was dragging me down reading it, thats why I've had to duck out of the forum, for my own sanity! :) Ultimately I have to remind myself that its just a pointless game and not worth the stress. 

Yeah I come to off topic to get all my Energy bills  / Tory government / world war stress needs now.

On the plus side I have found the solution  if I ever end up with too many cushions 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Went to take a dump at work today. Was turtling so didn't have time to check the roll. 

Aaaggghgg. No toilet paper. There was a bloke preening his girlish locks at the mirror. Heard a little chuckle, I'm sure he knew there was no bog roll. 

The word removed didn't even have the decency to chuck a roll under the door like I did for a similarly distressed colleague a while back 

Isn’t there a bog roll shed in there?

• Haha 1

Having to decipher corporate bullshit and translate it into a form of language taxi drivers will respond to

So translating from overly wordy bullshit to dumbed down bullshit whilst remaining within a professionally written framework

And its specifically all of my own making for seeking out a partnership with a new card processing solution to recommend to our fleet of drivers

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Went to take a dump at work today. Was turtling so didn't have time to check the roll. 

Aaaggghgg. No toilet paper. There was a bloke preening his girlish locks at the mirror. Heard a little chuckle, I'm sure he knew there was no bog roll. 

The word removed didn't even have the decency to chuck a roll under the door like I did for a similarly distressed colleague a while back 

I was worried you were talking about me for a second, but it can't be

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

When shaking hands, why the **** do people grab your fingers instead of your palm? What are they trying to achieve?

This and its a really limp grip (insert KW.gif) while shaking. Almost makes me think its a secret handshake of some sort.

On 18/10/2022 at 13:21, sidcow said:

Aaaggghgg. No toilet paper...

well-were-waiting.gif

I finally got a credit card. I've never had one. I'm not happy about it, but needs must.

But that's not what pisses me off.

Now I've got it, I've tried to use it, and it's a **** nightmare. Constantly having to double check transactions is annoying, but now it's decided to just decline payments. I'm nowhere near the credit limit, but making a purchase it just decides I can't. I discussed it with the provider and all they can say is the transaction triggered 'automated fraud procedures' and they can't agree the payment, I should use alternative ways of paying. Which now leaves me wary of using it. The car has had to have more work done today (expect to see a post on that shortly) I'm terrified I'm going to go pay for the work and it'll decline.

In some ways it's good, it discourages using it, but I've got the thing to make use of it, I'd rather not have anxiety as to whether I can pay for goods and services every time it comes out of my wallet.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I finally got a credit card. I've never had one. I'm not happy about it, but needs must.

Now I've got it, I've tried to use it, and it's a **** nightmare. Constantly having to double check transactions is annoying, but now it's decided to just decline payments. I'm nowhere near the credit limit, but making a purchase it just decides I can't. I discussed it with the provider and all they can say is the transaction triggered 'automated fraud procedures' and they can't agree the payment, I should use alternative ways of paying. Which now leaves me wary of using it. The car has had to have more work done today (expect to see a post on that shortly) I'm terrified I'm going to go pay for the work and it'll decline.

In some ways it's good, it discourages using it, but I've got the thing to make use of it, I'd rather not have anxiety as to whether I can pay for goods and services every time it comes out of my wallet.

How odd. I've had one for decades, with never a problem. My debit card occasionally declines a contactless payment, as a security measure, but then works fine when I enter my PIN. 

I mainly use the credit card for online purchases, and pay off the balance every month. 

• Like 2

I've never had a credit card because the extra admin (remembering to pay the balance so not to pay interest) just seems like a complete ball ache.

My wife has had one, for our wedding, but that was paid off straight away if I remember correctly. 

She also books my train travel for work, so I claim on expenses and send her the money for anything I've used it for every 2 weeks.  I hate expenses/timesheets etc.. proper admin ball ache :(  

I only use mine for large purchases and also abroad as the Halifax Clarity Card is excellent for its lack of fees. It failed of course, I went to pay my hotel last week and they tried to contact me on my usual number to confirm it was me. A number I wasn't using in the states. 

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've never had a credit card because the extra admin (remembering to pay the balance so not to pay interest) just seems like a complete ball ache.

I have a reminder in my Google calendar, but just in case I miss it, I also have a direct debit set up that pays the minimum amount, so I don't get penalised. 

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My debit card occasionally declines a contactless payment, as a security measure, but then works fine when I enter my PIN. 

I don't know how true it is but apparently there's a limit of how many contactless payments you can make in a certain amount of time before the first decline comes along. Woman in a shop the other day was telling me it was something like 10 transactions in a 48 hour period. Would certainly make sense. 

• Like 1

Credit cards are ace if you choose a good one. You get free money/points for paying for stuff instead of nothing. And the added security in the fact that if something goes wrong (online/fraud) it's the creditcard company's problem to deal with instead of yours.

That said, if you have a tendency to not being able to spend wisely within your means it's a very big "no go" zone.

Disclaimer, if Scandinavian Airlines goes to the wall I will loose a f-ton of points 😬

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

That's really not how they're supposed to work, so what you're experiencing is not normal. I suggest asking to be put onto a person who isn't trying to pawn you off at the earliest possible convenience. And if you're not already, I'd go with a credit card provided to you directly through your own bank. At least that way you can complain at them from 2 different angles.

• Like 4

Â