Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

🎶 I look real good today, I look real good today, I look real good today, I look real good today 🎶

Whoever made that **** iphone advert needs to be eradicated from the planet. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

🎶 I look real good today, I look real good today, I look real good today, I look real good today 🎶

Right? never thought I’d be rooting for someone to come from off screen and boot a kids bike over…smug little git 😅

Also mosquitoes, I’ve had one buzzing around keeping me awake all night and now it’s 5:54 and I start work at 7:30 😭

Edited by Eidolon
Original post a little OTT
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Shops that have an escalator up but then stairs back down. Makes me feel right used. 

There used to be a bookshop in Leeds that had stairs up and escalator down. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Shops that have an escalator up but then stairs back down. Makes me feel right used. 

Marks and Spencer Solihull. It was so insulting they closed it. 

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just decline. There's no obligation(except in the duty free shop), they just want to charge you VAT and pocket it, the robbing bastards.

Maybe it's just late . . . but talk to me like I'm an idiot and explain that for me please?

22 hours ago, bickster said:

Oh thats a slow down and drive at 20 under the limit offence in Bicks Book of Motoring Justice

Not so long ago I did this so succesfully a police car caught up and pulled the idiot over :D

That's my usual go to. Did it last night actually. I was probably going just over 30 in a 30, with a car up arse. Only dropped down about 5mph so about 27. Suddenly the car behind the one up my arse went to overtake both of us. Had to go wrong side if central reservation to overtake me and just got back in time before a head on, then he had to slam on brakes at a crossroads. 

All that risk for **** all. I love doing a sarcastic clap but didn't get chance as i went straight on. 

The plus was the car that was up my arse, stayed well back after that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe it's just late . . . but talk to me like I'm an idiot and explain that for me please?

Well, when I posted earlier today and even as I started this, I forgot that Brexit was a thing that happened, and I've not travelled internationally since then, nor read about any changes, I'm not familiar with how this works anymore, but what used to happen is that in airport shops goods sold to customers travelling outside of the EU were exempt from VAT.

The shops therefore didn't ask "are you travelling outside of the EU so we don't have to charge you VAT", they asked to see the boarding pass without explaining themselves, counting on customers in airports being compliant about providing their papers. Then if the customer was travelling outside of the EU, they charged the the same amount, but the extra 20% went into their profits rather than being passed to HMRC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well, when I posted earlier today and even as I started this, I forgot that Brexit was a thing that happened, and I've not travelled internationally since then, nor read about any changes, I'm not familiar with how this works anymore, but what used to happen is that in airport shops goods sold to customers travelling outside of the EU were exempt from VAT.

The shops therefore didn't ask "are you travelling outside of the EU so we don't have to charge you VAT", they asked to see the boarding pass without explaining themselves, counting on customers in airports being compliant about providing their papers. Then if the customer was travelling outside of the EU, they charged the the same amount, but the extra 20% went into their profits rather than being passed to HMRC.

Why is everybody such a bunch of utter bastards?

They didn't ask for mine at wh smiths on Friday if that helps - I purchased with instant regret a £6 bar of Aston Villa dairy milk 

On brexit, both leaving and returning to Germany ze polizei quizzed me on what I was doing, where I was going, where I live, I had to show my residency card and then after all that they asked if I speak German and both times when I said nur ein bischen (only a bit) they corrected my pronunciation of bischen, it was weird 

• Sad 1

On 05/02/2022 at 23:38, Xela said:

Cars tailgating me when I'm driving the speed limit. Happened twice today on the way back from Telford. One was so close it was like I was towing him! 

Citroen Picasso driving skunkpussy! 

Tailgate me and I'm slowing down considerably.

• Like 2

Cars tailgating me when I'm driving the speed limit. Happened twice today on the way back from Telford. One was so close it was like I was towing him! 

Citroen Picasso driving skunkpussy! 

You're in sales and you drive a burbling audi ?

I see a flaw in your statement there 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

On brexit, both leaving and returning to Germany ze polizei quizzed me on what I was doing, where I was going, where I live, I had to show my residency card and then after all that they asked if I speak German and both times when I said nur ein bischen (only a bit) they corrected my pronunciation of bischen, it was weird 

Did he say "Good Luck" to you? May have been a trick, keep your eyes open 👀

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

On 06/02/2022 at 01:07, Eidolon said:

the standard of driving is so bad here comparatively that most drivers wouldn’t get a UK license…not sure how much hyperbole that is but I can’t say it would surprise me.

Because of the pandemic I haven't been to Aus in the past 2 years, but when I was there, I didn't think the driving was any different to the UK standard tbh. The penalties for getting caught hooning or speeding are much more draconian in Aus, mind. Also, I suppose I should add that most of the driving I did was done in remote places and I wouldn't fancy driving so much in Sydney or Melbourne. I thought Adelaide was not to bad to drive in, mind. Also, the public transport is pretty decent in the major cities in Aus, probably better than the UK. PTV, Transperth, Adelaide Metro, Transportnsw etc. trams and buses free, or very cheap, and regular in the CBD areas and co-ordinated timetables with events and stuff. But once you get away from the populated areas it's a completely different story.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I miss the days of Apple accidentally making an iPhone advert where everyone sings about a big black dick

This really boils my p155! ffs, just because there is a bit of space doesn't mean that it needs to be filled - just sit back and relax. Theres a residential 30 mph near me, most times I get people overtaking me, zooming off, only for me to catch them up when they come to one of the three roundabouts - I then like to play rock, paper, scissors, sticks with them, I usually go sticks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

This really boils my p155! ffs, just because there is a bit of space doesn't mean that it needs to be filled - just sit back and relax. Theres a residential 30 mph near me, most times I get people overtaking me, zooming off, only for me to catch them up when they come to one of the three roundabouts - I then like to play rock, paper, scissors, sticks with them, I usually go sticks.

Probably my favourite from Yamaha. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Tailgate me and I'm slowing down considerably.

I did think about brake checking them but don't want to end up with them banging me from behind (yes, fill your KW boots)

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You're in sales and you drive a burbling audi ?

I see a flaw in your statement there 😉

I'm a considerate driver! I do occasionally give it the full beans, in the right circumstances... and never over 70mph officer! 

• Haha 1

Â