Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the resealable bag for my toiletries got me through the scanner at stansted but it was "too big" for brum airport

I've only ever gotten this at Brum airport too.  They've no issue WITH THE LIQUIDS in the bag.  I'm under the liquid limit, yet they have a problem with how big the **** plastic bag is that's holding them.  Cretins.

I remember the first time.  "Wait, you want me to put all of these liquids into a smaller plastic bag". "Yes".  "Why?".  "That one is too big".  "But it's the liq ... never mind".  And they hand me a bag.  Must be job justification or something, because it's nothing to do with security.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I've only ever gotten this at Brum airport too.  They've no issue WITH THE LIQUIDS in the bag.  I'm under the liquid limit, yet they have a problem with how big the **** plastic bag is that's holding them.  Cretins.

I fly Heathrow to Edinburgh in the morning, no problem. I fly back in the evening, my shoes set off the x-ray and I'm told I should have removed them. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Airport security - more specifically the people going through it

That's only the half of it. I'd say even worse is basically airport security itself. Because 90% of it is nothing to do with security. It's an utter scam and a sham.

Putting a tube of toothpaste into a plastic bag (or not) does not impact safety. I mean once through the scanners etc. there's nothing to stop anyone taking it back out of the bag. It's utterly ludicrous.

a 125ml tube of toothpaste is "safe" and can be carried on board, but a 150ml tube is dangerous and so is confiscated. WTF!

A pair of nail clippers or small scissors has to be confiscated, but then once through the check in you can buy a litre glass bottle of duty free booze, and that isn't a problem? - it'd make a better weapon than nail scissors.

And so on. So much as the passenger people can be a pain, the rules and the (manchester Airport in particular) security people are often much worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh I can understand, because after all, a glass aftershave bottle shaped like a grenade is every bit as dangerous as a real grenade in these days of being completely incapable of differentiating context. 

it took a good 20 minutes to get it through, they wanted to take it off him but he said it was really expensive, he was trying to take the cap off and spray it and they wouldnt let him, supervisors got called over and all sorts, it was crazy, in the end it took a 5 man team to decide it was ok to fly with 

15 other lads standing round laughing their tits off probably didnt help

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You should get yourself to an Aviva rugby game. Ever since sky sexed it up, the amount of young totty spectators has rocketed, mainly due to tight fitting shirts, beefy boys with muscly thighs, 6 packs....and....ok, I'm sounding a bit ghey so i'll stop there ?

Charles%20Hawtrey%20%20Carry%20On%20Camp

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

These videos of increasing popularity of fans going mental when England win or score a goal. 

I love a massive celebration as much as the next guy, but they are starting to look like people are just trying really hard to Look “mental”

the latest one I saw was as the winnin penalty went in. The guy in the foreground wasn’t enjoying the moment, he was too concerned with getting ready to launch his pint in the air as soon as the penalty went in. 

Yep. 

Enjoy the moment you are in and not trying to get the 'perfect' video to boost your social media likes. 

England fans who go too far.

Few mates of mine were in Flints (in Mere Green) last night. It was packed and lots of people watching from the public footpath, as you can see the screens from there. Big celebrations when we won but people take it too far. Soon some of the lads who were on the footpath (I think they were under 18 hence why they weren't inside) started running in the road, stopping traffic. Then it turned into kicking passing cars, smashing wing mirrors off and jumping on bonnets and roofs. Inevitably the police are called. My mates said it was proper moody and they won't be watching the game there on Saturday

I think it was the same outside Yates' in Sutton Coldfield - took the police hours to disperse people. I'm not an old git who doesn't like to celebrate but some people lose perspective and reality. This was just a last 16 game. I think the country will burn if we win the thing! 

• Like 2

on my way home today I desperately needed a p!$$ and decided to go into a pub I hadn’t been to before (ordered a pint did a little recon (finding said place of interest) as I waited for the guinness to settle) and overheard a conversation about how spurs had got england to the semi-finals all of whom  seemed to be all in agreement, what a bunch of clearings in the woods!!! 

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Soon some of the lads who were on the footpath (I think they were under 18 hence why they weren't inside) started running in the road, stopping traffic. Then it turned into kicking passing cars, smashing wing mirrors off and jumping on bonnets and roofs. Inevitably the police are called. My mates said it was proper moody and they won't be watching the game there on Saturday

That's part of my drive home from work but luckily I'd missed all that bollox. 

It really pees me off. It's as if they have to "out mental" each other or dare one another to do whacky larking around all in the name of bantz whilst being filmed and then put on Facebook. 

Like @TheAuthoritysays, what if they lose to Sweden ? The place will get wrecked, like it's the bar's fault.

My heart sinks that it seems that this sort of caper is all too frequent and appears to be just a bit of high spirits, seen every weekend on most of the country's high streets ? 

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, Xela said:

England fans who go too far.

Few mates of mine were in Flints (in Mere Green) last night. It was packed and lots of people watching from the public footpath, as you can see the screens from there. Big celebrations when we won but people take it too far. Soon some of the lads who were on the footpath (I think they were under 18 hence why they weren't inside) started running in the road, stopping traffic. Then it turned into kicking passing cars, smashing wing mirrors off and jumping on bonnets and roofs. Inevitably the police are called. My mates said it was proper moody and they won't be watching the game there on Saturday

I think it was the same outside Yates' in Sutton Coldfield - took the police hours to disperse people. I'm not an old git who doesn't like to celebrate but some people lose perspective and reality. This was just a last 16 game. I think the country will burn if we win the thing! 

tenor.gif?itemid=10142943

• Haha 2

The prostitutes who work my street have been increasing in number with the warm weather. The most rancid junkie whores you can imagine. Caved in scowling faces, yelling at each other, leering at every passing vehicle. Gross.

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The prostitutes who work my street have been increasing in number with the warm weather. The most rancid junkie whores you can imagine. Caved in scowling faces, yelling at each other, leering at every passing vehicle. Gross.

I have always wondered what the sort of tariffs are for a hooker.

How much for something like a blowie or the full works?

6 hours ago, choffer said:

Airport security is where you get to realise quite how stupid so much of the population is. I fly a couple of times most weeks and it staggers me that despite all the signs, people are entirely unready for the x-ray machines. Before I'm even in the queue, my wallet, watch, belt and phone are in my carry-on, all pockets emptied, laptop out and clear wash-bag in hand. I'd say 98% of people don't make even a tiny attempt to be ready when they get to the machines and then start the never ending job of emptying their pockets or fretting about not having a clear plastic bag.

I get it, not everyone flies regularly but there are literally millions of signs up telling you what to do and staff all over the place explaining what is expected yet the overwhelming majority of people just stand there dumb, and then get grumpy when they're told to follow the instructions.

They are the dickheads in every fastfood joint who queue for 5 minutes then get to the front...then decide what they want.

29 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Cannock? 

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Like @TheAuthoritysays, what if they lose to Sweden ? The place will get wrecked, like it's the bar's fault.

My heart sinks that it seems that this sort of caper is all too frequent and appears to be just a bit of high spirits, seen every weekend on most of the country's high streets ? 

I remember France '98 when I lived in London. I'd been out to a few bars during the groups and the atmosphere was good. I just had a feeling that the Argentina game would get nasty if it didn't go our way so I stayed home. Low and behold 'lads' were out setting fire to cars smashing windows etc. I think the Beeb did a doc about it some time after. Same happened after the Germany defeat in '96.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sounds horrific. I would hate to work or live there. Or even drive through there. Best give me the street and postcode just so avoid it.

It's a really strange city. Literally 2 blocks to the south there are streets with mansions.

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Catering to the local market, perhaps?  :trollface:

Â