Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Mine too. Hating life in the green. I found out today that the security guard working the gate earns just as much as I do, plus overtime and penalty rates. Also not having to worry about duties, parades, exercises, after work meetings, and spontaneous " social functions" which are thinly veiled compulsory fun.

The sooner I am out, the happier I will be.

Arriving at Waterloo the other night on my usual journey home, every train delayed. That didn't annoy me as when you live in London these things happen every once in a while. 

What did annoy me though was that it seemed that getting a photograph of the departures board with the word "DELAYED" against every departure was deemed necessary by almost every single bugger on the concourse.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I have a vegan friend on Facebook claiming outrage over the use of animal fats in the new £5 note.

He happily wears big leather boots and assorted clothes made from animal products though.

I'm sorry to hear you sad news

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I have a vegan friend [who] happily wears big leather boots and assorted clothes made from animal products though.

Then you don't have a vegan friend.  I think you should let them know ;)

Vegans abstain from the use of animal products.  It's not restricted to what they put into their face.

35 minutes ago, choffer said:

Arriving at Waterloo the other night on my usual journey home, every train delayed. That didn't annoy me as when you live in London these things happen every once in a while. 

What did annoy me though was that it seemed that getting a photograph of the departures board with the word "DELAYED" against every departure was deemed necessary by almost every single bugger on the concourse.

Yeah that kind of thing **** me right off. Likewise the people who see large crowds at a main station so start taking photos. Okay, if you're a tourist, and you want to document how busy places are then fine. I don't know why people who should be used to it bother though..."LOOK! A photo of how busy the station is near my office. And at peak time! Who'd have thought it!?"

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

On 11/27/2016 at 19:54, Tegis said:

Currently going through "Married with children" (still hilarious) and came up on the episode with the French exchange-student. Had a brief "woof" moment and thought at the same time that she looked familiar. Checked and it turns out it's Milla Jovovich. Odd that she was on there I thought. Checked the date of the episode and it turns out it's 1989. She is 13 years and 10 months at airtime. Subtract a few months for filming.

I feel so effing dirty. If anyone asks I was oogling Christina Applegate

In fairness to you, the character she is playing is in her late teens presumably. I think you get a pass. Though you are clearly a **** perv, I'm sure had it progressed any further you would have asked for identification :)  

12 minutes ago, Milfner said:

The absolute bellend at work who decided to install the hand dryer above the sink. I've got grey trousers on and it looks like I've pissed all over myself. 

That's bad, but not as bad as them installing instant boiling water taps above the wash your hand taps in our small tea making rooms.  Washing your hands is potentially a great claim.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That's bad, but not as bad as them installing instant boiling water taps above the wash your hand taps in our small tea making rooms.  Washing your hands is potentially a great claim.

A good, old fashioned game of top trumps on the lack of health and safety in our work's toilets, eh?

Well at our place, you have to take your shoes off before going to the urinal and there's spikes by the urinal!

(that's not true, I made it up to be popular)

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

The absolute bellend at work who decided to install the hand dryer above the sink. I've got grey trousers on and it looks like I've pissed all over myself. 

Still, look on the bright side.  Now you CAN piss yourself and just blame the hand dryer :thumb:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Straggler said:

Oh FFS, muther funstering blister packs or clam-shell packaging or whatever the name is for the hard plastic product covering designed by the devil in the depths of hell and sent to suffocate the joy out of any purchase.  It's not like it is even an expensive purchase, to my mind it needed precisely no packaging, but no, I have to knacker a pair of scissors to get into it, slash may hand open on the now razor sharp edges, walk away for a bit to calm down then I had a brain wave.  I'll youtube it, there are bound to be "life hacks" (which also pisses me off, they are not f'ing hacks, they are just helpful tips, but right now EVERYTHING is pissing me off cos of that damn packaging).  Anyway youtube says to use a can opener to get into one of these Fort Knox bastards, which is sodding poetic because inside the fricking 7th circle of hell that is this transparent force field of doom and lacerated fingers is my new bloody can opener. F this in the A.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Â