Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

No he is yours now, you have given him this weird rollercoaster inflection in his voice too, we were done with the man a while back  

Happens to so many English people who spend time in the US. The other one is pronouncing 't' as a 'd'.

"We went to the Pardy." F*** off.

gullible does seem right, whether it be tescos knocking £100 off an outdated model sorny "ultra HD" tv or be it stuff that has already been cheaper at other times during the year, i might be making this up but in the UK something has to have held its price for 90 days before a price change can be classed as a sale rather than an offer

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's a genius.

:crylaugh:

Maybe when it comes to making money and being in the public eye, having newspapers/magazines talking about you then yeah, if that's the type of thing you'd think would make someone a genius.

But certainly not as a musician. Nope. Never.  He's a better producer then he is solo artist. But he's no genius.

Edited by PieFacE

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

:crylaugh:

Maybe when it comes to making money and being in the public eye, having newspapers/magazines talking about you then yeah, if that's the type of thing you'd think would make someone a genius.

But certainly not as a musician. Nope. Never.  He's a better producer then he is solo artist. But he's no genius.

Well your first sentence was exactly what I meant. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the real Kanye is perfectly normal.

As for his music, I wouldn't call him a genius. but he is extremely talented and has produced some incredible albums.

Regardless of what I think of him, and I do think he is the monumental end of a bell, I stop at the point where someone has a breakdown or has to go to hospital etc.  Hope he can pull through and come back soon, as plenty of people do like him and I've nothing against him personally.  I'd just pull the curtains if he was playing in my back garden.

• Like 1

Putting to one side how much of an absolute tool he comes across his albums are actually pretty decent.

He did say that one of his biggest regrets in life is that he would never be able to see himself perform live though.....

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Audible.

I recently wanted to re-read His Dark Materials, but have plenty of other stuff to read so decided I'd try the audiobooks.

So I signed up to Audible. Free for the first month and £8 a month after that. Not bad, I thought. I'll get that trilogy out of the way then I can use it to listen to other books I've wanted to read over the years and haven't got round to.

But no.

I assumed it was a Netflix style arrangement. £8 a month and you can listen to whatever you want. Nope. ONE book a month. For £8. 

Maybe they've got an option where you pay an extra quid or two and you get loads? Nope. £15 a month for TWO books.

Free for the first month so I listened to Northern Lights. Then thought I may as well just buy the other two audiobooks and get them out of the way and cancel my subscription. They're £16 each!

Why are audiobooks so expensive?!

An all you can eat Netflix/Spotify style for audiobooks would be the holy grail for me! Few have tried it and none have lasted. Bardowl shut down after a short while, plus they never really had the latest releases. Scribd offered unlimited ebooks and audiobooks for £9.99 a month for a while, now its been scaled back to 3 ebooks and 1 audiobook per month after they claimed people were 'abusing the system'. It seems an affordable audiobook subscription just isn't profitable judging by the prohibitive prices of new audiobooks. 

Shame really, as I do enjoy audiobooks. I've subscribed to Audible on and off for a number of years but it doesn't scratch the itch fully. 

I'd be prepared to pay a decent monthly price for unlimited usage of new titles. 

Edited by Xela

Have no idea where to put this as it both pissed me off and made me laugh.

I've just picked up some mail from my old house. One of which was a letter saying I am not entitled to remain on the electoral register because I am no longer a resident.

As I write this I've realised I think you can get Royal mail to forward to a new address, but it's still got to be a massive waste of money sending letters to addresses to say people don't live there anymore.

• Like 2

Â