Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

read a news story about some bloke arrested for a Tweet he'd made

reason I'm pissed off is I found myself chuckling at one of the replies he got ..damn you twitter making me laugh for once

Guy's a knob but why was he arrested for that?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Guy's a knob but why was he arrested for that?

inciting racial hatred was the explanation ...but I didn't want to say his arrest pissed me off as I figured I'd get branded a right wing extremist or something

but ,there is the whole issue of freedom of making yourself look like a clearing in the woods angle and how he should be free to express his views , I can't help but think his arrest is pointless ... presumably though unless the rozzers are scanning every single post on the internet , someone must have gone in and made a complaint that they have to follow up on ... the news story says they kept him in overnight , I think if that were me I'd be hiring a rather pricey lawyer about now and taking them to the cleaners

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yay! Phaddywak office pranks.

Years ago (when computers had integral roller ball mouse things built in to the keyboard and we thought we had to wear Space 1999 suits to drive a computer), we had a little spinning device installed in the CAD office for us cutting edge space dudes drawing on a screen not on paper.

It was supposed to de ionise the air or some such aromatherapy crap. Anyway, we quickly discovered that touching the little spinny thing with one hand and touching someone else with the other caused a zap. A little static charge. Within the hour, I got to thinking, what if I kept my hand on the spinner, and waited, and waited....

Well it turns out that what happened was the guy I eventually zapped got blown off his chair and sat on the floor for about 15 minutes shivering whilst we all tried to reassemble his desk.

and I thought I was quite the joker when I used to take the track ball out of peoples mice or make their default home page the hamster dance

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

A recruiter has at short notice got me an interview with a company I've never heard of, for a role I'm exceptionally unlikely to be able to do to any great degree, or will sacrifice so much salary it's not worth my while doing it, in a place that is a nightmare for me to get to.

I feel like a prick, because I did quickly agree to the interview as I walking down the street yesterday, but looking into it its an enormous waste of everyone's time, and my money to get there. Even if they offered me the job, unless they were going to pay me a figure that made it a no brainer (which they won't be doing by any means), I'd turn it down. I'm gonna have to say no thanks on the day of an interview and that makes me look like a clearing in the woods.

Just phone back and cancel. It happens all the time.

Tell them you've had time to think about it and it's not for you.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just phone back and cancel. It happens all the time.

Tell them you've had time to think about it and it's not for you.

Yeah I thought so. In fairness I did suggest to the recruiter I wasn't that keen at the time. I've called this morning and he doesn't seem to be about, typical.

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm the office outcast for not buying some sort of **** wacky hat to wear to the office today. 

It's for charidee, don't ya know.

Urgggh. Organised 'fun'.

• Like 1

Last time I went into a Starbucks was to get my girlfriend a frappuccino with soya milk because she's lactose intolerant.

But they asked if I'd like whipped cream on the top and I said yes. I got in trouble for that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Last time I went into a Starbucks was to get my girlfriend a frappuccino with soya milk because she's lactose intolerant.

But they asked if I'd like whipped cream on the top and I said yes. I got in trouble for that.

You are so dumb Phaddywahk

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

160a5738a27bc9416303ef01301ad5a7d560533a

P.s -  Dump her

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Because they've got sod all better to do.

to be fair his responses to people calling out his racism was even more racist, so they hit him with inciting racial hatred, which from the responses I saw, is spot on.

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

to be fair his responses to people calling out his racism was even more racist, so they hit him with inciting racial hatred, which from the responses I saw, is spot on.

Being a racist or saying something racist shouldn't necessarily be considered to be 'inciting racial hatred' which, unfortunately, it largely appears is the case.

I've only had a quick look at the Huff Post article* (the Sky one posted didn't seem to have much detail about subsequent comments) and, distasteful as his language may be, I would again suggest that the police ought to have better things to do.

The responses (i.e. taking the piss out of what he tweeted) would seem to me the best way forward - not using up valuable resources that are being required to do more for less, e.g. the police and justice system.

Edit:

327E208B00000578-0-image-m-20_1458746133

*The above tweet is reproduced from The Heil article.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Â