AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

11 minutes ago, Billson said:

I'd be more interested in subscribing to AVTV now Jack has gone, he drove me mad the way he always tried so hard to come up with memorable one-liners. They'd always be terrible, like "Villa in wonder-land in sunder-land" & "A curler, a swirler, an absolute pearler…". Also, the entire commentary for Angel's wonder goal vs Chelsea was embarrassing.

I'm glad he's gone personally!

"There are no words to describe..!!!"

The commentary of that goal is etched into my brain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was wandering the same thing, last couple of seasons they've shown all the pre season friendlies live.

Having said that this is being billed as a training match rather than a friendly

Not much happening on AVTV at mo it seems, which I find a bit annoying. As a paid for service f@!k all is happening, there should be a media team out in Austria getting interviews and videos of training, a feature everyday, is the least what subscribers deserve at least I reckon. I hoping it's a case of the takeover has affected things and maybe/hopefully the media team is being rebuilt along with the AVTV service. if we are serious about being a top club again  like we hope and Doc T seems to say we are going to be, we need a online service, media and web team that reflects that. 

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, honest_bertie said:

Not much happening on AVTV at mo it seems, which I find a bit annoying. As a paid for service f@!k all is happening, there should be a media team out in Austria getting interviews and videos of training, a feature everyday, is the least what subscribers deserve at least I reckon. I hoping it's a case of the takeover has affected things and maybe/hopefully the media team is being rebuilt along with the AVTV service. if we are serious about being a top club again  like we hope and Doc T seems to say we are going to be, we need a online service, media and web team that reflects that. 

Ye, they could do a lot more with AVTV - hopefully just a transition thing and it will be relaunched again soon. 

• Like 1

Haven't actually seen or heard anything about preseason match coverage yet.

We're still selling subscriptions for last season.

Come on guys it's not like preseason has started...

3 hours ago, honest_bertie said:

You are right. It is an absolute joke. It's 2016 ffs and our service still thinks it is 2001.

Would it kill them to film some pre season training and put together some interviews to get us excited?

• Like 1

Much rather see the Youtube section revamped...was looking at Man. City's with some of the Pep news and it really is lightyears ahead of what we produce in terms of content and professionalism.

I know it's Man. City but they were worse than us not so long ago.

I'd imagine coming from Asia Dr Tony will be hot on social media communication. Might actually be a good year to test things out in the championship as we'd obviously get a lot more traffic back in premier league.

• Like 1

To be honest I imagine last season it was a case of we were truly awful last thing we need is more coverage on that but you would've thought with new ownership and manager etc they would do more now.

Training videos etc is something the club can easily do.

I feel like i'm mentioning this every year though and nothing seems to improve mind.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

To be honest I imagine last season it was a case of we were truly awful last thing we need is more coverage on that but you would've thought with new ownership and manager etc they would do more now.

Training videos etc is something the club can easily do.

I feel like i'm mentioning this every year though and nothing seems to improve mind.

Well last season we introduced stuff like tunnel cam...

It will need us back in the prem to truly work but yes I expect more eventually given how big social media is in the modern world now.

Have we appointed anyone to replace Woodward yet?

Edited by VillaChris

Â