AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

17 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

@Deisler123 - the AVTV is not very good - needs improving.  Lots of short videos of player interviews, highlights, pre-match shows, press conferences

A good history is available on Youtube. 

That opening in all its 80s glory :wub:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

@Deisler123 - the AVTV is not very good - needs improving.  Lots of short videos of player interviews, highlights, pre-match shows, press conferences

A good history is available on Youtube. 

@Deisler123

Here's another good one:

Edited by limpid
fixed embed

Didn't like his Commentary but he did do a lot of other "field" work outside of comms (and remember he did all reserve and youth comms). Any interviews with players at Acorn or community events were done by him so it's still a role that will surely be filled as we need someone to conduct interviews.

Unless it's going to be an internal appointment like Amelia getting a bigger role alongside modelling on that shopping channel or whatever she does. 

On 5/11/2016 at 12:54, Junxs said:

I think this spells the beginning of the end of AVTV with Jacks departure. They probably feel they cant run it anymore with the drop in finances.

Ironically I think the average fan would be more inclined to get it now with the loss of widely available streaming of premier league matches.

A lot of fans would be thinking "I'm not going to sit through 2 hours of a highlights show on channel 5 watching 200 goals over 3 leagues to catch a 30 second glimpse of Villas goals".  This would be a good time for AVTV to up their game and cash in on the fans who wont be watching streams anymore.

We'll still need a youtube channel, clubs in league one and two have them ffs and of course with the need to promote to the Chinese market now...

So yeah someone still needs to be presentable on those segments. 

My problem with Jack was that he did too much "painting pictures with words."  I just wanted someone to tell me what was happening in the match (it was audio only most times.  Until recent years, in the states, it was hard to see every match so AVTV was a needed access.  It just didn't work well for that.  I subscribed for several years but let it go when more matches made to to my cable.  With us in the championship, a subscription channel that streamed live matches would get my subscription.  Closest thing to a season ticket when you live on another continent.

• Like 1

I think they really need to invest in Avtv this year. I've normally watched away games at my local pub the last few years, but they won't be able to get the championship games. If Avtv were able to get every game shown or at least extended highlights on, they would get a lot of fans subscribe as it would be the only place to see them.

32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think they really need to invest in Avtv this year. I've normally watched away games at my local pub the last few years, but they won't be able to get the championship games. If Avtv were able to get every game shown or at least extended highlights on, they would get a lot of fans subscribe as it would be the only place to see them.

Not in the clubs control that unfortunately. The rules around the th deals mean they couldn't broadcast them live if they wanted.

Sky shows a lot of Championship games and if Villa are doing well you can guarantee they will get a lot of coverage. All you need is a tiny little river (d'ya get it?) to watch them on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Not in the clubs control that unfortunately. The rules around the th deals mean they couldn't broadcast them live if they wanted.

Maybe not live, but they could have good coverage of extended  highlights. I'm sure the likes of man city Liverpool utd etc all do that 

• Like 1

I'd be more interested in subscribing to AVTV now Jack has gone, he drove me mad the way he always tried so hard to come up with memorable one-liners. They'd always be terrible, like "Villa in wonder-land in sunder-land" & "A curler, a swirler, an absolute pearler…". Also, the entire commentary for Angel's wonder goal vs Chelsea was embarrassing.

I'm glad he's gone personally!

• Like 1

Â