AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

When I go on to the OS, I am still getting `site not found' before letting me through???

Nothing to do with AVTV, but clear your cookies and cache and make sure you aren't using an old bookmark or old search result.

This still annoys me, AVTV and Villa YouTube are surely being handled by the same team. Why can we not hire someone to live stream the preseason games? It would cost maybe £4000 to buy a competent camera and laptop etc, can rely on Youtube servers plus 2 freelance operators? Shouldn't be any problem with streaming rights.

Just seems odd, it would be really easy to do and something that really engages fans. maybe it's because we haven't replaced the magnificence of Jack yet.

Just now, a m ole said:

This still annoys me, AVTV and Villa YouTube are surely being handled by the same team. Why can we not hire someone to live stream the preseason games? It would cost maybe £4000 to buy a competent camera and laptop etc, can rely on Youtube servers plus 2 freelance operators? Shouldn't be any problem with streaming rights.

Just seems odd, it would be really easy to do and something that really engages fans. maybe it's because we haven't replaced the magnificence of Jack yet.

I think a lot of the people who would normally organise such a thing have been sacked or are in the process of being replaced. It's no great surprise to me that certain aspects are taking a bit of time to fall into place. 

If it stays like this then there's a problem. It probably won't. 

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think a lot of the people who would normally organise such a thing have been sacked or are in the process of being replaced. It's no great surprise to me that certain aspects are taking a bit of time to fall into place. 

If it stays like this then there's a problem. It probably won't. 

fair. I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm desperate too see Scott Sinclair and Aly Cissokho playing against Telford anyway.

• Like 2

For all his Partidge-esque questions and commentary, Jack Woodward was still good at his job and genuinely appeared to love doing it.

I know we've just had a takeover but the current AVTV format is dire and rarely updated. Considering they're asking fans to pay extra for this 'service' is a bit of a joke really.

We had two games on the weekend and not one video of the goals or interviews post-match.

It's a shambles that could be easily remedied.

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 23:56, omariqy said:

I saw that the nantes game along with another will be shown for free on our site.

Will the commentary be done using subtitles only..

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question ahead of the new season: Worth subscribing to AVTV?

Seeing the PL down here is easy, but not so much for Championship games. I'm assuming there is no live coverage but as live coverage usually means 2am down here, that's ok. Do they show full matches on delay?

So 3 days before the start of the season....do we have anyone to commentate on our games or at least interview the players/manager?

Our last uploaded video on our youtube channel was some advert on the new kit....3 weeks ago.

No pre season highlights, no players interviews.

Not great.

Â