Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

46 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm quite enjoying 'Welcome to Earth' on DisneyPlus with Will Smith.

i watched the first 10 minutes and maybe very harshly thought it was typical american DRAMAAAAAAAA!!!! type guff rather than just playing out and showing me stuff, the music the tone of voice and some quick edits trying to invent excitement when thats not what i want from a nature programme, mainly for that reason i struggle with the NG stuff on disney, im almost too tuned in to attenborough 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i watched the first 10 minutes and maybe very harshly thought it was typical american DRAMAAAAAAAA!!!! type guff rather than just playing out and showing me stuff, the music the tone of voice and some quick edits trying to invent excitement when thats not what i want from a nature programme, mainly for that reason i struggle with the NG stuff on disney, im almost too tuned in to attenborough 

Give it a chance, it's pretty good.

22 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The man who bought cricket.

Three parts to this enlightening doc, the scale of what this scumbag did was unreal. This was really well done, not dragged out, plenty key players involved, a good watch.

Yep, really enjoyed it. Would've been improved had more of the team been involved rather than just Broad & Wright. You could tell Broad wished he'd never been involved. I'd totally forgotten the moment where Stanford had the WAGs on his knee mid-game. Absolutely incredible :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milfner said:

Yep, really enjoyed it. Would've been improved had more of the team been involved rather than just Broad & Wright. You could tell Broad wished he'd never been involved. I'd totally forgotten the moment where Stanford had the WAGs on his knee mid-game. Absolutely incredible :lol: 

Agree, there are probably quite a few that are embarrassed, regretful and just want to forget the whole thing ever happened. 

I'd recommend this to all, you do not have to be a cricket fan to watch this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You wanna read the true story of it, loads missed out in that documentary.

I wouldn't mind actually, I'm not a cricket fan as such and can only remember the furore surrounding the 20/20 match. Knew nothing about the Stanford case. Will have a google at it when got time. Cheers pal.

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I wouldn't mind actually, I'm not a cricket fan as such and can only remember the furore surrounding the 20/20 match. Knew nothing about the Stanford case. Will have a google at it when got time. Cheers pal.

I was quoting on Wild wild Country not the Cricket doc. 

• Haha 1

What a watch  that "Wild Wild Country" was. I did feel somewhat sympathetic towards the Rajneeshees. It seemed like just another victory for bigoted America, to me. Some really fascinating characters though.

I even had a soft spot for Sheela , as mad as she was, you couldn't fault her desire and determination when it came to defending the Bhagwan. I got the sense that her and the Aussie woman were having some kind of scissor sister relationship, or is that just my dirty mind ?

The lawyer guy, Niren, came across as a really decent human being which made me question the whole "cult" thing. Everything he said was on point and his devotion towards Bhagwan was touching and sincere. 

The really evil character was the Attorney, Robert Weaver. If there was a league for anal - retentives, he would be Man City. What a vile man. I thought it rather poetic that his career ended up involved in scandal.

It came down to a few powerful people having friends in high places. Bill Bowerman, being one of them. 

A great documentary to watch, certainly one of the best on Netflix. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road".

Wasn't expecting much as there's not much more for me to know, but it's really well made and very emotional in parts.

But Brian...haha he does come out with some stuff, whether he forgets or is just playing games is anyone's guess.

"I've never heard Pacific Ocean Blue apart from one track" he says. Gotta be having us on.

Anyway, it's a decent watch even if you're not a hardcore fan.

The Puppet Master on Netflix has completely floored me. It's really well made and an incredible story about a conman who tells people he works for MI5... a fantastic little 3-part docuseries that is exactly the right length for the story it needs to tell.

But you'll be raging by the end of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The Puppet Master on Netflix has completely floored me. It's really well made and an incredible story about a conman who tells people he works for MI5... a fantastic little 3-part docuseries that is exactly the right length for the story it needs to tell.

But you'll be raging by the end of it.

Yeah watched this the other night. Incredible stuff

"The Alpinist" is available on demand on Sky at the moment. Documentary about a free climbing alpinist.

For anyone who saw Free Solo it's a very similar concept. In fact Alex Honnold features in this one too

It's amazing

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â