Where will we finish ?

We have the same points as Man Utd from the last six games. 

That's hardly something to be proud of this season!

Puts a slightly different perspective on things though, don't you think?

If you are saying that is a good thing - yes it would have been any other season when United were sitting near the top - this season definitely not something to be proud of.

After hovering around mid-table most of this season, we have been feeling reasonably secure compared to other years. However, when we should now be picking up places or at least holding steady, we are sliding gently down the table and the teams below us are beginning to crowd up to us or engulf us.

I hope this is not going to be the season!

We have the same points as Man Utd from the last six games. 

That's hardly something to be proud of this season!

Puts a slightly different perspective on things though, don't you think?

If you are saying that is a good thing - yes it would have been any other season when United were sitting near the top - this season definitely not something to be proud of.

Not so much that it's a good thing, but more that form like ours can happen to almost anyone and to teams with far superior players. I think it's somewhat comforting that while Villa fans are panicking that we're the worst we've even been and armageddon would be an improvement one of the biggest clubs in the world, with several world class players, is in exactly the same form as us. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got my database caught up and ran another Monte Carlo...

8th: 0.4%

9th: 3.7%

10th: 35.2%

^^^ upper quartile

11th: 24.9% == median

12th: 15.9%

vvv lower quartile

13th: 10.0%

14th: 6.0%

15th: 2.7%

16th: 1.0%

17th: 0.2%

Power rankings:

48. Valencia

49. Lyon

50. AZ Alkmaar

51. Southampton

52. Villa

53. Estoril

54. Hull

55. Reims

56. Heerenveen

• Like 2

I hoped for 50 points as a target, I think that was mainly due to how we finished last season. I'm quite happy with where we are at the moment and I think 45-48 isn't out of the question and seen as a relatively successful season.

I think we're looking good for 10th if we win on Sunday, particularly if as I expect Man Ure beat Wet Spam.

If we were able to win 4 or 5 of our remaining games (tall order I know) I think we'd potentially even finish above Newcastle who I think will have a poor end to their season

Nah a lot will struggle to get to even 40 points, West Ham for example are on 31 and still have to play Spurs, Liverpool, Man .United at home and Arsenal and Man. City away so they'll struggle to win those.

We should exceed 40 points comfortably now as our run in is pretty good apart from the two Manchester away games. Even Spurs on the final day is looking like a point as it will be a dead game for them.

If we beat Stoke on sunday safety is all but secured, so it would be nice to go on a little run and look to catch Newcastle. Is it possible?

Definitely possible but only if they collapse. Here's hoping.

Besides the first 3 months I think Newcastle have been average all season. Selling their main guy in Jan didn't help mind.

Win Sunday and Newcastle drop points this weekend we could catch them. Be tough! I said top 10 at the start of the season. I'll take that. +5 on last season.

Â