Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Considering the Emirates is something of a baptism of fire (well, for a lot of teams), I think he came through it ok. He looked suspect a couple of times, but what new player would'nt and then he seemed to get to grip with the game.

He won't meet many faster than Walcott and he did'nt fare too badly IMO. Oh...and a cool head to bag his goal to boot.

the only thing that disapointed me was the lack of sheer beard he possessed before. it grew during the game though so hopefully it'll be back in time for the Chelsea game

Watched the 2nd half on a Spanish TV stream and the commentator was quite chuffed when his goal went in.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

LUUUUUNAAAAAA GOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Did it sound like that? 

Considering the Emirates is something of a baptism of fire (well, for a lot of teams), I think he came through it ok. He looked suspect a couple of times, but what new player would'nt and then he seemed to get to grip with the game.

He won't meet many faster than Walcott and he did'nt fare too badly IMO. Oh...and a cool head to bag his goal to boot.

Having just got back from the Emirates with the mrs (she's a gooner and isn't talking to me  :D ) The emirates isn't a baptism of fire at all, more like a slap from a warm flannel. Apart from the brilliant away Villa fans, who I am most proud of, you could hear a Pin drop. The loudest singing from the home fans came when they sang 'Spend some F@£$$% money' at the end.

On Luna... looked dodgy at first (like the whole team) but he and they all grew. Quite a spirit there.

Probably backed himelf to get back and cover if he hit the bar ;)

Still I'd rather we try and get a third if we have the chance than just sit back and hope for the best.  Fine line between that and suicidal, but I think we got that right today.

Great finish, he was dodgy positionally early on, misjudged just how quick walcott is a few times, but he grew into the game and scored a belter.

Sat here laughing my ass off at that goal wondering why the hell he was playing in the Centre Forward position at that point of the game :D

My thoughts exactly

We were like "Goo on!!" until it dawned who i t was, then we went mental!!! "Tooooooonnnnnnyyyyyyyy!!!!!!"

I saw this guy making a run at the bottom of my screen and I though it might be Luna, but I couldn't believe that. Then I saw Weimann play the through ball, camera went back to the guy and it was like what the **** is he doing up there? Awesome, awesome goal. No clue why he made that run though. 

I went completely bat dung.

I was pacing up and down wanting the game to end at 2-1. Normally I'd just have cried a few simple tears of joy at the winner, but for some reason I turned my pacing into a march up and down going "Tooony MOOOOON Tonytonytony Moon Toooooney MOOOOOOON" etc. for about ten minutes. Probably just as well I'm at work and there was nobody around.

It was a beautifully taken goal. You could see he was so calm, if he hadn't gone near post you know it would have gone in at the far post. Great pass from Weimann.

I think it was Walsall where he ended up upfront at really random times, think he even scored one that was ruled offside. Never seen anything like it from a LB. Not complaining of course. Hope he doesn't get caught out for it at some point. Think he knows when to judge to do it though. He knew he was going to break away quicker than anyone and it worked. Fair play and cracking finish.

IMO Walcott is one of the best players in national team at the moment and Tony Moon did well against him, keep it up.

After just watching the game again I have to say he really did well against Walcott. Constantly tracked him and matched a few of his runs which showed Luna has pace too. I do think he made a few mistakes but it was his Premier League debut and he must have been nervous as hell.

I'm not saying he will be a world beater but he looks good, or at least better than Bennett. Good to see Lambert trying to improve on the areas that were blatantly bad last year.

Vamos Villa!

• Like 2

Â