Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Translated a few of his tweets, one said:

"That takes time ajajaj pr the other day I dropped 1Note .. I have wings girls with this one little guy in the boat .."

Open conversation -> look for context.

No context found whatsoever.

What are you trying to teach us, oh great bearded one?

• Like 2

communication is key in defence. he doesnt speak English so i imagine he will struggle defensively a little bit until he learns to communicate with the defence.

Has anyone noticed how Tony Moon has to high-five every single one of his team mates after someone scores?

It's nice to see his team spirit but God help us if he scores himself as he might go round the entire Holte End.

Haha yeah and relating to that, I was in the upper North so he was directly in front of my eye-line when Benteke scored the penalty and of course in friendlies players give a muted celebration but he jumped up in the air fist-pumping, made me laugh in contrast with all the others being all polite.

If that is his version of a muted celebration I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what he'll do in a competitive game...probably triple back-flips finished with the splits.

And like you say, all this is in celebration for someone else scoring, I can't imagine what happens when he's the one who's scored the goal :D

Edited by 8pints

Probably meant a lot for Tony Moon maybe some form of rivalry vs Malaga?

Also his first home game, he tweeted a picture as soon as he got to Villa Park, was clearly excited.

So refreshing to have players that are actually over the moon to play for us.

Probably meant a lot for Tony Moon maybe some form of rivalry vs Malaga?

Also his first home game, he tweeted a picture as soon as he got to Villa Park, was clearly excited.

So refreshing to have players that are actually over the moon to play for us.

hehe

• Like 1

i really like the looks of this guy. was alof of attacks coming down his side today and he seemed to deal with it fairly well, with some more games behind his back... been a good 6 years since ive been this possitive going into a season and this dude and his friends are all of the reasons. UTV!

He was right in front of us in the first half, and he spent most of the half screaming for the ball! He really wants it which is refreshing to see. Whenever he got it, he got a little cheer from some of us in the crowd. I love this guy already, he's such a character and has so much enthusiasm!

I think that he will need to improve defensively if he is going to be a success for Villa. He got skinned a few times by Pawloski, a player that Malaga have only paid something like 300,000 euros up front for! It had nothing to do with a lack of English either. He fronted Luna up and just knocked it passed him and ran around him with ease, which was a big concern for me.

Having said all that, he never stopped trying and he's certainly got a great engine in him and lots of pace. He looks skillful too and will no doubt score a few if they figure out his runs in behind the opposing defence. There was one instance yesterday where he went for a 1-2 with Benteke but Benteke played it square instead. As he ran back, after the move broke down, Luna gestured to Benteke that he wanted the return pass and the big fella gave him the apologetic thumbs up.

Like most on here, I love his enthusiasm and the fact he wants to play well for us. I just hope he can learn to defend better because he will be a very good player for us if he sorts out that side of his game.

Na na na na na na na na na na na, Tony Moon, Tony Moon, Tony Tony Moon - ala Darren Bent song?

Or

Tony Moon, came from Spain

To help the Villa defend a game.

He can't defend, but we don't care

Because we love his facial hair.

Tony Moon, Tony Moon, Tony Moon etc

Best I can do!

• Like 1

Â