Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Funny that this is mentioned. I actually dreamt that I was chatting with Lambert about this last night :blush:   :P

According to "him" his tactic was to find players that lacked one crucial thing in their game. His thinking was that they would appear as "not good enough" to others and that they would not see what kind of player they could become with that one ability. Because of this he could get his targets at good prices and would then train them hard on that one thing until they showed their true class. Benteke: Finishing. Luna: Positioning etc. 

:ph34r:

I think MON had a similar tactic, except without the ability to train the player or get them at good prices. Imagine the beast he'd have created if he'd taught Heskey how to kick a ball towards a net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWP-z4O8Ddo

• Like 1

I predict he'll make a bunch of defensive howlers during the season but we'll love him anyway.

Yeah, I think he'll go from the sublime to the ridiculous, probably several times a game !

Just get the feeling that life will never be dull when he's in the team, can't remember the last maverick full back we had ?

Funny that this is mentioned. I actually dreamt that I was chatting with Lambert about this last night :blush::P

According to "him" his tactic was to find players that lacked one crucial thing in their game. His thinking was that they would appear as "not good enough" to others and that they would not see what kind of player they could become with that one ability. Because of this he could get his targets at good prices and would then train them hard on that one thing until they showed their true class. Benteke: Finishing. Luna: Positioning etc.

:ph34r:

I think MON had a similar tactic, except without the ability to train the player or get them at good prices. Imagine the beast he'd have created if he'd taught Heskey how to kick a ball towards a net.

Now that would have been impossible

Â