Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

That's what you call.....reading the play of the game.

watch him looking at Weimann and then galloping

I like how he was also on the lookout for Weimann before he took the shot himself to sum up his options, then made the right decision to take it on. Good awareness under pressure.

Edited by Sunny*Nunny
  • Like 1

If you read interviews with him, you can tell he bloody loves it here. It probably helps we've treated him like a demi-god for no real reason. We do that a lot. He's great though. I think he'll be ace for us. I like how he's not Bennett.

• Like 3

Without a doubt he's becoming one of my favourite players. You can tell how important it is to him to put in a good performance and you can see how much that goal meant to him and the rest of the team. He seems very much a team player.

Just a hunch but I predict he'll be captain at some point, probably when he can speak English!

• Like 1

Short assessment from the Daily Mail. The stat at the end is partcularly interesting.

ANTONIO LUNA (Aston Villa), 22, defender

Dream debut for the full-back, scoring Villa’s late clinching goal to compound Arsenal’s misery. Looked very comfortable defensively, too.

Future star rating: ***

Had a 94.4% pass completion rate, the best of any player at the Emirates.

• Like 2

He is a lot bigger than Bennett and he seems to be stronger defensively. Yes he made a couple of errors, but he was in his first ever premier league match going up against Walcott and the OX. I think he will prove to be a much better fullback than Bennett over the season.

Ok after seeing the game three times now (yeah sad I know) he really did have an excellent game. He didnt give a toss about playing at the Emerates, (I imagine after being hammered at Barca and Real Madrid the Emirates doesnt seem that intimidating) and kept quiet a very good England international. Love him.

I think it was Walsall where he ended up upfront at really random times, think he even scored one that was ruled offside. Never seen anything like it from a LB. Not complaining of course. Hope he doesn't get caught out for it at some point. Think he knows when to judge to do it though. He knew he was going to break away quicker than anyone and it worked. Fair play and cracking finish.

On this point, it's a pretty common thing to happen, especially if you're playing on the break or chasing a goal.

From your own corner it basically becomes whoever is furthest forward when we gain possession makes the break. And when you're in a team where your centre forward will naturally come back to defend corners (because he's a beast) then your smaller quicker players will take up the reins and lead the attack from a break.

As long as the rest of the team are aware of what's happening and provide cover it shouldn't be a problem. It's not like he was standing around in the CF position. He jsut saw the acres of space Arsenal left and filled it because he was furthest forward.

Â