Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I Just noticed, he's bloody fast!!! On the highlight for his goal you can see he starts inside our box and starts sprinting on the edge of it, it takes him 10-12 seconds to get to the edge of Arsenal's box and it's not in a straight line either! Maybe i'm too easily amazed, but I'd say thats pretty quick.

I did think he had a bad game when watching it due to his poor positioning, but considering he was up against Walcott and he did nowt all game, he was actualy pretty good. I really like thi guy.

According to the Daily Mail, Oxlade-Chamberlain could be out for six months after a collision with Luna.

If I remember correctly, and it was the tackle that he got carded for, then his bollocks must be made of steel.

For some reason,his goal yesterday reminds me of Stauntons at Sheffield Wednesday in Big Rons first game in charge.I can't really recall the goal but have a picture in my head of us breaking on the counter attack & Staunton smashing home.If Tony goes on to play as well as Stauton did for us,I won't be too upset.

I was thinking this at the time too, last LB I can remember scoring on his debut was Staunton. I like that as an omen, I like the beard, I like that he's called Tony Moon and I too like that he's not Bennett. Not coz I personally dislike Bennett, but coz I really hate the amount of goals we conceeded last year when he was on the pitch.

Dream debut for Luna, keep it up mate :)

Benteke - Genk fans warn he isn't the finished article and his finishing is dodgy

Lowton - Sheff fans say he isn't ready for the step up

Luna - Sevilla fans warn he just isn't good enough for the PL

I'm not sure how Lambert does this...

According to the Daily Mail, Oxlade-Chamberlain could be out for six months after a collision with Luna.

If I remember correctly, and it was the tackle that he got carded for, then his bollocks must be made of steel.

We have actually destroyed Arsenal in every possible way this weekend.

Benteke - Genk fans warn he isn't the finished article and his finishing is dodgy

He's a football manager with years of experience and not some armchair fan?

• Like 1

Oxlade-Chamberlain clattered Luna. His own fault, Luna's booking was abysmally woefully wrong.

That'll learn him. Lovely goal too. Broke Szczesny's will.

• Like 1

I think it's more than that. A natural ability if you like. Various managers have had it over the years. Wenger used to be good at bringing someone in on the cheap.

Plenty of others I'm sure. 

I think it's more than that. A natural ability if you like. Various managers have had it over the years. Wenger used to be good at bringing someone in on the cheap.

Plenty of others I'm sure. 

Scouting helps

Funny that this is mentioned. I actually dreamt that I was chatting with Lambert about this last night :blush:   :P

According to "him" his tactic was to find players that lacked one crucial thing in their game. His thinking was that they would appear as "not good enough" to others and that they would not see what kind of player they could become with that one ability. Because of this he could get his targets at good prices and would then train them hard on that one thing until they showed their true class. Benteke: Finishing. Luna: Positioning etc. 

:ph34r:

Edited by K-Carlsen
  • Like 1

We've got a fair few 'cult heroes' in the team at the mo.

Gabby, Benteke, Guzan, Lowton ever since that goal and now Luna.

Very optimistic about the future and in particular this season; regardless of the result on Wednesday night!

Very optimistic about the future and in particular this season; regardless of the result on Wednesday night!

This, I can't remember a Villa team that has had this many 'cult heroes'.

Luna, Gabby, Benteke, Guzan, Sylla, Weimann, Lowton and im sure there is a few more.

This, I can't remember a Villa team that has had this many 'cult heroes'.

Luna, Gabby, Benteke, Guzan, Sylla, Weimann, Lowton and im sure there is a few more.

Thinks its just a matter of finally having a team not full of pricks, who look like they care and are rather like able gents.

Â