Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

My 4 year old has been walking around singing "tony, tony mooooon, tony, tony mooooooon..." ever since his father went somewhat berserk in front of the telly earlier today :rolleyes:

It was like some kind of glitch in the matrix though, couldn't make out (comprehend) who it was until  I saw him running towards the fans.

Edited by K-Carlsen
  • Like 1

I agree with a lot of the sentiments aready put forward about today's match (Beating Arsenal 3-1 at the Emirates if you're reading in the future...and I like writing that sentence :))

You're looking for him to get up to the pace of the Premier League and there's few better chances for that than to go against Walcott.

Training with Gabby must've helped because he coped really fine. Yeah there were a few shakes but that's to be expected as I feel playing full-back in the modern game has became more difficult in recent years.

He looks a balanced player positionally and that's also something that will improve as he plays more premier league games and a goal is obviously great in any game but especially a debut. Hopefully we have the top-scoring full-backs in the world in our team and will manage to help keep a fair few out at our end.

He did this TWICE against Crewe in the friendly!! one disallowed and one he dribbled past the goalkeeper but went little too far :D and you are thinking, what the hell is he doing there?? he would make an awesome left winger as well!! :D i think he's bloody amazing!!!

He's not the tallest, so was around the edge of the box for their corner and saw the chance to break.

Just watched replay. Benteke heads the corner kick as far as Santa Clausola outside the box who chests it down and pings a shot which Luna rushes and turns his body so it ricochets off his backside and carries to Weimann on the left hand side. Luna has jogged after the ricochet to the semi-circle and is now level with KEA the forward most Villa player who is static. Luna looks and sees that Weimann has the ball and open space in front of him so races ahead and calls for the ball.

Just watched replay. Benteke heads the corner kick as far as Santa Clausola outside the box who chests it down and pings a shot which Luna rushes and turns his body so it ricochets off his backside and carries to Weimann on the left hand side. Luna has jogged after the ricochet to the semi-circle and is now level with KEA the forward most Villa player who is static. Luna looks and sees that Weimann has the ball and open space in front of him so races ahead and calls for the ball.

Then what happened?!

The_Bear_A_Bear%27s_Tail_Leigh_Francis.j

• Like 3

Commentators have picked up on the Tony Moon thing as well

Yeah heard that on MOTD which I was surprised at. Also surprised that MOTD were actually almost a bit insightful yesterday. Shearer actually described what was happening rather than simply saying 'he gets the ball there, and goes there'

I thought he had a really good debut given the fact he was up against Walcott. He made a couple of good blocks and kept his man fairly quiet. He also showed he has the bravery for a good challenge, when he slid into that 50/50 with Oxlade-Chamberlain. By the way, how the hell did he get booked for that? The ref had another mare with that one!

The goal was brilliant. Showed a cool head to not go too early and stay on side. Then, arched his run towards the centre of goal to open up a better shooting angle before calmly slotting it away. To do that on your debut after 85 minutes of a bruising game was very impressive.

I said last week that Luna is going to be a goal threat for us and I really believe there are more to come from him. Gonna be a money maker for fans that like a bet lol.

Very pleased with his pre-season progress and performance yesterday.I'm not Bennets biggest critic but like most,I felt this was a position that could be improved upon.

For some reason,his goal yesterday reminds me of Stauntons at Sheffield Wednesday in Big Rons first game in charge.I can't really recall the goal but have a picture in my head of us breaking on the counter attack & Staunton smashing home.If Tony goes on to play as well as Stauton did for us,I won't be too upset.

Â