Nicklas Helenius

bickster

So who would you rather we play up front? Weimann, Agbonlahor and Holt?? The strikers who have got 7 league goals between them. 

Having never seen an Aston Villa training session I have to assume that, bad and all as those 3 strikers are, they must be better than Helenius given that he can't even manage to come off the bench for a few substitute appearances. If he was good enough he'd be in the team.

Was he injured after he came on and scored in the cup? Or just not picked?

Not picked, was on the bench for every game after the Sheffield United game until the Newcastle game and didn't off the bench in any of them.

He got injured and has only recently come back.

So who would you rather we play up front? Weimann, Agbonlahor and Holt?? The strikers who have got 7 league goals between them.

Having never seen an Aston Villa training session I have to assume that, bad and all as those 3 strikers are, they must be better than Helenius given that he can't even manage to come off the bench for a few substitute appearances. If he was good enough he'd be in the team.

When you look at some of the players this manager has thought are good enough for the team, I wouldn't be using his judgement as a basis in this regard personally.

• Like 2

Jordan Bowery was ahead of him in the pecking order this season, a league two striker who has a conversion rate of 1 in 9 in the lowest English league. Lambert doesn't have any man-management skills, just look at the way CNZ has been treated.

As always with twitter and newspaper speculation, I'm going to take it with a huge truck load of salt, but if the rumours of him being sold on are true then that's hugely disappointing.

He's never come on in his (albeit very few) sub appearances and looked rubbish. If you ask me, I've thought he's looked as though he has something about him; there's some definite skill there and he obviously knows where the net is. It baffles me that he put in a good performance in the cup, scored, but was never given a chance after that.

Kozak should hopefully be fit for the start of next season, so I assume that he'll be our starting striker. I think that having Helenius as a backup big target man up front would be fine. I'd much rather keep him and not have to spend money on another striker.

I'm really amazed by some comments and even Lambert thinking !

Many games we look like we're not scoring , Why just we don't try ?! we're playing players who are doing rubbish job as Weimann and Holt while not trying the likes of Helenius and Tonev ! 

Last year Lambert used to take risks on putting players .. This year he isn't trying to gamble because of his own success last season !

He's playing with the shadow of last season !

Jordan Bowery was ahead of him in the pecking order this season, a league two striker who has a conversion rate of 1 in 9 in the lowest English league. Lambert doesn't have any man-management skills, just look at the way CNZ has been treated.

Lambert is a total knobjockey for snapping CNZ's achilles!

• Like 2

I wouldn't write it off as pointless just yet. I truly believe the talent is there for him. I think what's been holding him back is adapting to the phsyical nature of the prem. However, I think it would be tragic not to let him get some chances in these last few games. As close as we are to the bottom I think Norwich, Sunderland, and Cardiff would have to pull off miracles for us to be legitimately in that relegation picture. So there really is no reason not to let Nicklas and Callum have a go and see what they've really got.

Is it really correct that he hasn't played a single minute for us since actually scoring for us v Sheffield United?

If true, truly baffling.

I think he's injury flew under the radar a little, he was out for a while. I don't really see what's baffling about it when he was never signed to come in and play straight away. He has said it himself, the manager said it when he signed, what more can you say? He needed to get physically ready, I mean he looked about 4 stone soaking wet. Recent pictures I've seen he is looking a lot more of a presence, been on the weights. His agent also mentioned he's put on some needed weight.

Yes I know but he was at least making some sub appearences first half of the season.

I just find it baffling that Gabby and Weimann get start after start after start yet Helenius actually scored a goal and hasn't played since. I know he picked up an injury but the Sheffield game was four months ago so he hasn't been out that long.

Â