Nicklas Helenius

bickster

So you saw him play one game and you want to write him off already?

Haven't we been over this 100 times?

When at vp I often watch just one player when they are new to get a feel for what they are all about.

I saw a player poor in the air, not much better on the ground, slow and lacked movement.

Doesn't sound like a good striker does it?

You've just described the other striker we signed in the summer.

Nah kozak has good movement

He probably has zero match sharpness as he's barely played all season, suddenly throwing him in for a start now would probably be no good as I guess he doesn't have a feel for the pace of the Premier League yet as he hasn't played in months. Lambert not giving him sub appearances time and building up his gametime is a stupid move in my opinion.

Lambert said he's a player for next season and I hope he did mean that and isn't going to get rid of him without giving him a shot. He's probably the player I was most excited about seeing play this season.

He probably has zero match sharpness as he's barely played all season, suddenly throwing him in for a start now would probably be no good as I guess he doesn't have a feel for the pace of the Premier League yet as he hasn't played in months. Lambert not giving him sub appearances time and building up his gametime is a stupid move in my opinion.

Lambert said he's a player for next season and I hope he did mean that and isn't going to get rid of him without giving him a shot. He's probably the player I was most excited about seeing play this season.

Tonev sounded the most exciting prospect for me - as he had been recommended by Stan and could have been a AM or even left sided winger we had craved for so long. I still hope he can be.

I think it would give the fans a huge boost if Tonev, Helenius or Johnson featured in the run in. I don't expect them to have a huge impact. But having that faint hope they could is sometimes enough. Whereas you know what you will get from Holt, Bowery and Sylla and its nothing that is likely to win a match.

Tonev sounded the most exciting prospect for me - as he had been recommended by Stan and could have been a AM or even left sided winger we had craved for so long. I still hope he can be.

I think it would give the fans a huge boost if Tonev, Helenius or Johnson featured in the run in. I don't expect them to have a huge impact. But having that faint hope they could is sometimes enough. Whereas you know what you will get from Holt, Bowery and Sylla and its nothing that is likely to win a match.

oh and more of Robinson of course.

None of the listed above can be any worse than Weimann or Gabby has been most of this season.

• Like 2

The mention of  lack of match sharpness is another thing i think our manager falls down on.None of the players on the fringe of the first team ever play in the reserves,.The likes of Helenius,Bowery,Luna,Tonev,Sylla,Steer,Bennett go weeks without actually playing .How can these players be match fit if they never actually play ?

• Like 2

The mention of  lack of match sharpness is another thing i think our manager falls down on.None of the players on the fringe of the first team ever play in the reserves,.The likes of Helenius,Bowery,Luna,Tonev,Sylla,Steer,Bennett go weeks without actually playing .How can these players be match fit if they never actually play ?

There is no reserve league anymore, I don't think that can be blamed on Lambert. No doubt those players have suffered from not having one, but certainly no fault of Lamberts. 

(there is the elite development league, or whatever it's called, but you are limited to the number of over age players you can play.)

When at vp I often watch just one player when they are new to get a feel for what they are all about.

I saw a player poor in the air, not much better on the ground, slow and lacked movement.

So you have come to a conclusive judgement on Helenius' movement based on a sub appearence against Rotherham?

So you have come to a conclusive judgement on Helenius' movement based on a sub appearence against Rotherham?

I've seen him every minute he has been on the pitch. I mentioned that game as I watched him only.

The mention of lack of match sharpness is another thing i think our manager falls down on.None of the players on the fringe of the first team ever play in the reserves,.The likes of Helenius,Bowery,Luna,Tonev,Sylla,Steer,Bennett go weeks without actually playing .How can these players be match fit if they never actually play ?

There is no reserve league anymore, I don't think that can be blamed on Lambert. No doubt those players have suffered from not having one, but certainly no fault of Lamberts.

(there is the elite development league, or whatever it's called, but you are limited to the number of over age players you can play.)

What? Since this season? That's ducking mad! Who's daft idea was that?

Is a strange 1 for me, seen him bit during pre season and look to have good feet and the vision to pick a pass out aswel, maybe he just hasn't settled right but would love to see him get his chance

He's a bit like a fish out of water just yet. He did look a possible player though when we signed him, so he deserves persevering with. I'd definitely like to see him given some bench time.

Â