Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Briny, we'll get back to you on this one in a couple of years. ;)

By which time we'll have spent how much on treating a player nominally in the first team squad as an Academy prospect?

The other possibility is that Lambert bought a player who turned out not to be good enough.

Let's compare notes in a couple of years and see how the new owner and manager are dealing with the situation. :)

At least we haven't paid 8 million for him and sold him back to Aab for no money after 6 months. I think this kid has a fair amount of talent and will be around the first team squad next season. I hoped he would have played more this year but at the time he was obviously one for the future type signing. Perhaps a short loan would be good but tbh the season is nearly over and I guess he is happy just playing for the reserves at present.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I won't hold my breath but if the injury to Benteke allows Helenius to get more of an opportunity then that would be a small silver-lining.

I'd like it to happen but I think it could be risky, for Helenius and for ourselves. Big boots to fill and without any experience it's a tough situation to throw him into, I guess it would either work fantastically or the complete opposite

I think we are practically safe personally so I'd say it is the ideal time to start giving game-time to some of the fringe-players and youngsters.

• Like 3

I think we are practically safe personally so I'd say it is the ideal time to start giving game-time to some of the fringe-players and youngsters.

I'm not so sure now myself, we've lost the focal point of our team

You've posted it elsewhere, but this entirely.  Start with Helenius, bring on Robinson or someone after 70 mins.  Just get some experience onto the youngsters that are at the club and pushing for squad places.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure now myself, we've lost the focal point of our team

We have but that will remain the case regardless of who we play.

some might think we're safe but I doubt Lambert will be taking anything for granted. So I think it'll just be Holt in for Benteke and Albrighton in for Agbonlahor if he's injured too. Would be nice to see Robinson and Helenius get a chance though.

Â